1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill Poll

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Sep 16, 2013.

With the number 2 pick in the draft, the Miami Dolphins select:

1. Tanehill

31 vote(s)
    40.8%
  2. RG3

9 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Wilson

20 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. Kaepernick

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    All this talk of Tannehill improving and the heralded class of 2012 has got me thinking.. If we could go back to the draft and had the 2nd pick overall, knowing what we know now, who would you select?

I'm removing Luck from this equation because he is has all the signs of being a top 10 QB of all time when he retires.

Would you go for the dual threat guys like Wilson or RG3, or the pocket guy in Ryan?

Just for sh*ts and giggles I'll throw in Kaepernick to the poll.

2. 407PhinFan

407PhinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Lol, what?

Okay, I get it, the guy has played pretty good...

RG 3 and Russel Wilson have both outplayed him to this point. Tannehill has outplayed him so far this year. What has Luck done that points to him being better than Brett Farve or Johnny Unitas? I mean, seriously, this Luck love is getting a BIT out of hand.

That said I'd rather have Luck than Tannehill because Luck is apparently unable to be tackled.

For the original question: I'd probably take RW at this point. I am very excited with Tannehill's ceiling and think he could definitely be the best QB in his draft class. He has 'it'

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Do they have a time machine or are they drafting Kaepernick from the 49ers?

4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

The whole thing requires suspension of disbelief, so why pick nits now?

Smart arse. lol.

Bet you had some critiques of "Hot Tub Time Machine"'s internal consistency.

5. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I loved the Tannehill pick. Bold, exciting, and FFS we needed a 1st round QB! I felt he may have been a slight reach at 8, but I was fine with it.

I hear a lot about RG3 living in Texas and seeing/hearing all about Baylor and Texas football...I was never sold on the guy for some reason, don't know why.

Never really cared about or noticed Wilson much (I don't watch a lot of college ball)...but I think he'll be a great NFL QB. His throws on the run are very nice.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Hot Tub Time Machine's internal consistency was perfect. They also dealt with all time travel within the realm of current theory.

Bpk likes this.
  7. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Yup.. Really comes down to Wilson and Tannehill. He was simply incredible down the stretch last season, but looks a bit more pedestrian this year. Having Lynch carry the load certainly helps. Heck, imagine where Tannehill would be if we had a legitimate running game that could ball control the offense.

8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

LOL. I ****ing love you, B. Never change. Unless it's because someone goes back and does something in the past that has a ripple effect on you now.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  9. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    His pocket awareness, accuracy, tenacity (8 4th quarter comebacks already) and ability to elude sacks through brute force are a few of the signs that this guy is amazing.

In a couple of years the Colts are going to be playing late in January consistently because of Luck.

10. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I'd take Tannehill over Luck. Just saying.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

11. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Why?

12. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Seriously, this bugs the **** out of me. Everyone includes Kaepernick when talking about the great 2012 QB class, but they gloss over the fact that he was ****ing drafted in 2011!!

xphinfanx likes this.
  13. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    That's why I said I added him for "sh*ts and giggles" :D

14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Yea, well it's not really you I'm frustrated with. No one else says "for ****s and giggles" when they do it.

15. 407PhinFan

407PhinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 20, 2011

Pocket Awareness? I'll give it to you but most of the time he avoids pressure it's because he's like a ****ing rock and just can't be brought down. Accuracy? Luck is the least accurate 2012 passer outside of Brandon Weeden.

Tenacity? He hangs into games, I'll give you that. Let's ignore the fact that most of those 4th quarter comebacks happened after he put them down in the first place with errant throws, or happened due to defender miscues.

I'm not saying Luck is bad. I think he's a pretty good young QB...

But people are acting like he's Dan Marino in his 2nd year. Sorry, he's nowhere close so far.

Mainge and vt_dolfan like this.
  16. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I picked Tannehill. But I'd choose Kaepernick if he could also come with Harbaugh the QB whisperer.

17. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'd put Tannehill behind CKaep and slightly ahead of Wilson, with RGIII far behind for the same reasons I've been spouting since before the draft.

18. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    I'm with you here. I'd choose Kaepernick if he came with Harbaugh. For now, I'll stick with Tannehill.

19. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Being that Tannehill is on my favorite team, and considering that Luck is eliminated from this poll, i'd personally take Tannehill second. This QB draft class is similar to 05 when you had the likes of Eli, Rivers, and Roethlisberger...I mean can you go wrong with any of them? 2/3 have won super bowls and Rivers by all accounts should have one under his belt as well from the Tomlinson years but for whatever reason doesn't.
    When I see Andrew Luck I see John Elway, when I see Ryan Tannehill I see Matt Ryan. You can't go wrong either way in my opinion.

Robert Griffin certainly deserves some consideration but the fact that every QB that has a similar style to Griffin always ends up injured makes me pick Tannehill over him. Pocket passers have much longer careers in my opinion and Griffin will have to make that transition to a pocket passer if he wants to have longevity in the league.

Like I said...I'm on the Tannehill bus and i'm going to ride it from here on out. He has "It" and thats what I wanted to see from him before siding completely with him. He's going to be awesome.

20. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    And that's why the win against the colts on the road is no joke, that dude is gonna win 10 games this year..

21. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    RG3's injury history worries me... Kaepernick is a douche... and I believe Tannehill has a higher ceiling than Wilson. I'd go Tannehill but I'd definitely take Luck over Tannehill.

Stitches likes this.
  22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    We have our guy now so who gives a ****?

23. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I have a man crush on Russell Wilson as a passer, yet I don't like him. I voted for Wilson. He plays like a 35 year old veteran in a 25 year old's body to me. I see him as a hybrid of Tarkenton and Brees. Tarkenton for the mobility and Brees for the ball location.

I'm confident that mid-season next year, this will be essentially a wash between Wilson, Luck, Kapernick, Tannehill, Griffin. By that time I believe Luck's media shine will dim somewhat, Wilson will get a bit more recognition for how remarkable his game is, and Tannehill will come into his full potential.

24. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, look at it this way, it is very possible the 2012 Qb class was the best in over a decade.

THill is playing fine, finding 3 "franchise" type Qb's is nearly impossible in the modern era b/c they come out as Jr's now

25. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I'd take Luck any day and twice on Sundays. Not saying Tannehill was a bad pick: I think he will do well for us. But Luck is a once in a generation QB.

26. I'ld trade down, make Washington give me all their drafts picks and pick up Wilson in a later round

27. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Is it based on his first round playoff exit? His overwhelming 76.5 rookie passer rating? Can't be the beard since I believe he cut it. He was a once in a generation PROSPECT. He sure as hell isn't a once in a generation QB. He was outplayed by two of his peers last season and Wilson is still outplaying him.

28. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Tannehill because I already bought his jersey.

:tongue2:

Starry31 likes this.
  29. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    "Timecrimes" = best. time travel. ever. Don't read the plot summary or anything. Just watch it.

Bpk likes this.
  30. vt_dolfan

Well... Look how far Tannehill has come..
    and he's played what... Half the number of games as a QB goin back to college? I'm seeing him make Improvements not only year to year.. But game to game. Last week he needed to step up into the pocket more.. And this week.. He improved enough that stepping up kept the ball from getting swatted out of his hands. Did Luck make any throws where you went... Wow? Tannehill made two I distinctly remember. The only thing I see where Luck has anything on Tannehill.. Is maybe he's harder to bring down. Tannehill has a better arm, IMO. I'm seeing leadership from Tannehill.. Like last week with Mathews. And.. Tannehill played WR.. I think that benefits him in the long run.. Because he understands routes from a WR perspective. I'm sure I'll get flamed.. But I honestly would take Tannehill.. because I don't even think we know how high his ceiling might be.

MrClean likes this.
  31. vt_dolfan

But.. Why do you say this? Other then the media goo goo gaa gaa.. Where is he any better then Tannehill?

32. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    If RGIII didn't tear up his knee, I would have to go him over RT

33. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    ^ that...also I have to take kaepernick over tannehill. did you guys see his superbowl performance??!?!!?! Wilson is a toss up but I guess I would take ryan over him..........

these guys along with luck are the most exciting group of qb's ive seen in my lifetime.

34. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, keep in mind, we have no idea what the half life of the zone read offense is atm.

THill is doing it the pocket passer route, which to me means he has a more solid foundation moving forward.

I guess folks don't recall Randall Cunningham

35. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I voted RG3 on the basis that I'm pretending had we drafted him - he wouldn't have gotten dick rammed in the rear by shanahan and we would have integrated him more intelligently - just like we've done with Tannehill. I still think RG3 has an amazing skillset used right...

...But I'm starting to fear for his career based on injuries.

If we go STRICTLY based on what we know right now, and assume Luck is taken at 1....I think Tannehill....but Kaepernick is tempting...I'm not sure he thrives outside of SF though.

36. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I think we are going to use the read option with Tanny the way teams used to run the reverse. Sherm will pick his spots with it. I have a feeling we are holding some things back. I was kind of waiting for something yesterday in the 4th quarter but it never came

With the play yesterday, Ryan looked like he had space to run, but we don't know how much of a read or an option it really was for him. I think most of the time these plays are called ahead of time.

I don't think it will ever really go away league-wide. It has allowed talented players to have success where they normally would struggle and can still freeze a defense for a split second

I know what you are saying though. A guy like Luck or Tannehill can play in any era and have skills that will always be needed. With the other 3 you are kind of banking on the league staying the way it is. Redskins took the biggest gamble though in terms of investment

I think this thread is a little bit of overreaction. It's only game 2. Over-celebrating a win vs. Luck means you (we, whomever) are buying into the media hype machine. RG3's struggles at this point might look silly by week 11

37. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Trust me on this one, the read option is old hat in the CFL, defenses adjust.

That and your Qb gets killed.

38. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Plenty film on how to defend it in that San Fran-Seattle game.

39. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Speculation sucks. Dead on here man.

40. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    As much as I like how Tannehill has played I don't think he has done as much up this point as the others.That said I do feel he has the most upside/potential. His lack of playing time and not alot of talent last year factored into his stats but now that he has better recievers,that should help him alot.