1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

miami on the rise

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Sep 16, 2013.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
  2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I posted this yesterday (before the game) & although I missed it by six points, it was a resounding & convincing win for Miami. what I said then I believe to be more than ever relevant now!

I made several pedestrian observations yesterday on the heels of the pundit negativity spewed across the media:
    1) Tannehill has only had a 1.5 years playing QB (university), when picked in the first round @ #8. he has experience playing WR (university) as well as Safety (HS), a unique & interesting resume in the total development of a QB. Ryan has wheels, can run the ball & pass much better on the move than anyone has given him credit for... he has been seriously under-rated & will only grow with each game. he will not disappoint. I predict he will eclipse Marino as a franchise QB.
    2) our defense is as good as any in the NFL & better than most... they will only improve & will have to be contended with every game.
    3) Hartline is the real deal & is already a proven commodity. our receiving corp is as good as any & better than most. they cannot continue to double-up on Wallace & deal with this passing corp.
    4) special teams is excellent & will only get better as the season progresses
    5) not to worry about Left Tackle... much to do about nothing, the offensive line will improve with each game played, same with the running game. they will not hit their stride as a unit until game four
    6) Philbin & company are as good a coaching cadre as any in the NFL, better than most... time is on our side, we will own the AFC East over the next decade...
    Miami by 10!
    the Colts will be unlucky on Sunday

p.s. Joe Philbin is the man. :yes:

djphinfan likes this.
  3. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Hard to eclipse Marino but nice post.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    agreed, Marino is the bench-mark. having said that, I see Tannehill as bringing more to the table with unlimited potential & the right coach. just an opinion, time will tell.

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, 23rd, there is no doubt that if there were a prize for "Aqua-est Colored Glasses" you'd, hands down, win the award. That said, we've played a team we should have beaten (Cle) and one we could have beaten (Indy), now we face one we should not beat in Atlanta. We'll see how things go and I don't think you're a youngster but surpassing Marino, a once in a lifetime QB, is something that even the biggest Tanny supporters don't think will happen... I think Tanny is on his way and will get better from here, but approaching an All Timer is a bit premature...I hope you're right...

6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Peter King has us 5th in his fine 15, and 2nd in the entire AFC. Movin on up....

EDIT: I see there is an entire thread for this, nevermind!

the 23rd likes this.
  7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend Larryfinfan:
    1) I am 65 & have been a dolphin fan since their first game & never wavered. of course I am a homer! having said that, I do call it as I humbly see it. I know Marino is a sacred cow in dolfindom, but honestly believe Tannehill will eventually eclipse his career.
    2) I took very unpopular stands on the forum against Sparano & Henne. in the end, I lost some friends perhaps, but was proven right in my humble analysis & criticisms. I am not a journalist or pundit, just another fan but I do speak my mind.
    3) Larry, every team we will play will be difficult & most will be deemed by the football establishment as superior to Miami until they lose the game to the Dolphins, then they will become inferior to the next team we play... there is tremendous parity in the NFL, good days & bad days, along with refs figure into every game.

8. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    I've been mostly off the site for a couple days, and this is the first thread I've read since the win, so I'm sure I'm regurgitating, but I wanted to say this:

I'm 46, and I've seen so many Dolphins defenses over the years give up drives like the one Andrew Luck and the Colts started with four minutes left (they started one with eight minutes left, too). But how refreshing it was to see our defense NOT BREAK, not give in, and bow their backs and stop the Colts in the final drive as well as the one previous to that. This game had such the feeling as "I've seen this act before" to it going into those drives, but then the moment, "Wait! No! This one is different! This is better!!!"

Gotta give it up to the defense in the second half. So many past Dolphins defenses, even ones I loved with Zach and JT and Surtain and Madison, chances are, would have broken. Not this defense. Not yesterday. It's worth noting.

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm so glad someone else said this first.

Zach is my favorite player of all time, but that defense as a whole, was vastly overrated. They were not clutch enough as a group to get the accolades they do. maybe that was playcalling and being shackled with awful offenses.

inFINSible and the 23rd like this.