1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greg Toler on Mike Wallace

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CantinaJack, Sep 16, 2013.

1. CantinaJack

CantinaJack New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Washington DC
    Colts CB Greg Toler on Mike Wallace
    “We were getting hands on him, but they were doing a good job of hiding him behind stacks so you couldn’t get a good press on him,” Toler said. “That’s when he does his most damage.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

also a nice blurb about how we set him up on the long pass in the 4th quarter.

Bpk, dolfan22, SICK and 1 other person like this.
  2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'd like to see the Dolphins use some of the motion stuff that Bruce Arians did with Wallace. Slide him across the formation and try to get him a clean release.

BigDogsHunt, Larry Little and The Rev like this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    That's an excellent tactic the Dolphins used to get him away from physical press coverage. I knew they were going to want to get a lot more press in this game than they did in the Oakland game. Miami anticipated that and prevented it.

Bpk and mbsinmisc like this.
  4. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I think you predicted that if Miami used Wallace the way they did last week they would fail? Looks like they unknowingly followed your advice!

They DID NOT, however, follow the "reel-in-the-blitzes" mentality of one of your pieces last week. For better or worse.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Considering Andrew Luck had a 98.6 passer rating versus blitzes and a 64.8 passer rating on non-blitzes, I would humbly suggest "for worse". Blitzes have their place but I would have used them more cautiously than the Dolphins did.

Bpk likes this.
  6. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Definitely one of those "The Road Not Taken" arguments. Follow the blitz philosophy? Get torched by Andrew Luck (1). Sack Andrew Luck on a 4th and 10 to end the ballgame (2).

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I can't find it, but I remember reading that Luck has over 100 rating when not pressured and a 30 rating when pressured. It was one the phins.com twitter feed.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Yes please, he was constantly in motion his first couple years and very effective..I think Arians is going to prove himself to be a great head coach, jftr.

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I wonder if its weird for Wallace to come all the way to a different team with a different history, staff, climate, players, etc......but the Center is still a Pouncey, that looks like, sounds like and plays like the Pouncey he knows but is a completely different Pouncey. (Yes, I know our Pouncey is better.)

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  10. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Well...pressured with just your four down linemen? Would be interesting to see the pressure splits of blitz/ vs non blitz pressure

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Cool story bro:up:

Fin D likes this.