1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peter King on the Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin D, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/16/seahawks-49ers-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/16/seahawks-49ers-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/3/

2. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Looks like we will be getting blown out on Sunday now.. FML.

3. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    No one should be surprised about Miami being 2-0.

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Theyre surprised because they werent paying attention. We have an offense that can finally get some points on the board (not saying we are the Broncos but we're better then we've been the last decade) and we have a fierce front 7 with a good enough secondary. Oh and we and we have a coach who is better known for getting things done then his fist pumps (Sporano), slogans (Cameron), resume (Parcells), or vanilla defenses (Wanny/Bates)

Tone_E and Tin Indian like this.
  5. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    One thing Joe Philbin has stressed since he got this job is the importance of quarterback rating differential. The moves you saw this off season were made with this in mind. How do we improve our passer rating on offense and also improve our passer rating on defense?

Well, you improve the defensive passer rating by getting 9 sacks and 4 interceptions through two games. As a result, you hold one of the league's best young quarterbacks to a rating in the 70s.

6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'll never forget when Philbin said that during his introductory press conference. I was unsure about him being the choice, but when he said that...I think it moved.

[​IMG]

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Annnnnnnndddd I need a tissue...

Bpk likes this.
  8. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Well, I'm surprised. As a long suffering fan, I'm used to the team having expectations and then disappointing me, especially at the end of games while trying to hold onto a lead. I think I yelled louder when Lamar Miller got the first down at the end of the game more than any other play in that game.

So, yeah I'm surprised.

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Its gets better though once you realize we haven't fired on all cylinders yet.

10. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Weren't even close to his "Fine Fifteen" last week, now we sit at 5? Knee Jerk is all I can say. Let's see what happens over the next 3 games before we start screaming were one of the best 5 teams in the league.

Other hand nice to get a little recognition for what they've been doing in Miami.

Bpk likes this.
  11. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, I think that's the thing. Both games, albeit wins, have been flawed. Against Cleveland the O didn't really get going because we couldn't run the ball. But we won. In this game, the D was less effective than against Cleveland, particularly the pass rush, however, the O stepped things up and the D held down the Dolts in the second half of the 4th qtr, where they are most dangerous.

If the O plays like they did in the first half of this game and the D like they did in the Cleveland game...this team could be special...

Sure, there is a lot football left to play but it's encouraging that we can beat teams we should (Cleveland) and steal a game or two that we are close to in ability (Indy)....now, lets see how we play against Atlanta, a team we arguably are not up to the level that they are...

Here's to 3 INTs for Grimes in a payback game...

HULKFish and dirtywhiteboy like this.
  12. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, me to Rev...the dog left the room thinking he'd done something wrong because of my jumping up and down and yelling...

13. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

What impresses me the most?

Our ability to make adjustments for the second half.

Andrew Luck had all of his success...going short right..and short left. Only what 72 yds and 3 pts in the second half?

djphinfan likes this.
  14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    FinsUp likes this.
  15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Someone is 2-0 so far

SICK and unluckyluciano like this.
  16. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Also note that Jordan, Taylor and Davis have yet to significantly contribute, with both Taylor and Davis sidelined.. Imagine how good this D is going to be once they see the field more?

Ohiophinphan and Fin D like this.
  17. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    The media didn't stop them from winning the first two (as much as the local guys tried) with their poor predictions and any praise won't stop them from winning or losing either. It's nice to hear something good once in a while.

Aquafin, Tin Indian and Fin D like this.
  18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think as far as halves go, our defense was the most impressive against that Qb at their house..so I'm not worried about the yards given up in the first because I just don't think they were attacking the Los in the first half trying to shut down the run, heads were up and focused on what Luck was doing and keeping him relegated to the pocket was #1 priority, he still had sucess because he's just a filthy Qb who will be the best in football very shortly, so the job was very impressive to me, how they kept grinding against him..

Last year, Luck put us in a funk after beating us, it was a demoralizing loss, the following week at home we came out to a half empty stadium with no life and got spanked, the hangover continued in buffalo..

With this win, on the road, against a guy they all know how great is, must give them tremendous confidence that their coaches are steering them in the right direction, it's a very direct example of how the team has improved, putting us in similar circumstances back to back hears, and seeing different results, especially the way we finished, we finished on our terms, turnover, then running the ball to finish..

That should send a wave of confidence in Philbins team..He's the man, listen to what he's saying, now put your head down, and fu&$in grind it now, don't look at any of the newspapers telling you your the suprise team,( let your fans do that) don't listen to anybody who tells you your great, just get pissed off at the ones who disrespected you, and know that if you don't perform well at home next week, it's unacceptable.

19. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I know you joined my Philbin religion a little bit a go, but you haven't really been coming to church much. I take it this post means you'll be there every Sunday and are planning to tithe now?

20. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    There will be games we should win, that we lose. That's football. At some point there will be disappointment. But this was a game I wanted to win bad, and we did. It's still early to assume anything, lets just hope we TCB this next Sunday. The league may be amidst a Shake up, lets hope were on the rise of the new dominant teams.

If we do beat Atlanta though, I wonder, in this copycat league, who else will take those Thursday rests.

ToddPhin likes this.
  21. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    From all i read last week, alot of guys were waiting to see what we did against the colts to give us any real credit. Still that is quite a jump, agreed, and i dig the recognition too. I'm not going to lie, i check the rankings every week, on multiple sites. I checked out the rankings archive back to 2003 on SI.com last week - there's a trip down memory lane, painful at times.

22. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    In terms of this, in both games offensively we seemed to go into a bit of a doldrums from early-mid second quarter until about halfway through the third, then things got going again. The one exception was the drive before halftime yesterday. If they can get to where they can put the pedal to the metal through all four quarters, then they'll be firing on all cylinders.

23. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    All good stuff even though King is worthless. He pales in comparison to Dr. Z, a true football academic.

That said, I like our offense, but I want to see more quick strikes. The one to Clay was nice, although if it was Wallace that's a TD :D

A few more chunk yard plays and we're cooking with peanut oil. I'd love to see a pass to Miller as he leaks out of the backfield and gets behind most of the Defensive Front 7. Like Bush's play last week.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  24. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Ditto. I would've rather that have been something kept on the down low if it indeed is an advantage.

25. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    And an advantage it might end up being this week /yoda. The Falcons have had issues closing out games as of late and in fact, they just fired their Strength and Conditioning coach. Which I believe is the second in two years.

26. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Funny thing...Dolphins are the only franchise to start a season 2-0 on the road this decade, in 2010 and 2013. Of course, things went downhill fast in 2010 losing to NE and NYJ at home (and in primetime for millions to see) following it and going 7-9.

Those two wins in 2010 were ugly ones against other bad teams though. The Browns fit that mold and have a bad offense, but the Colts of course have been impressive. We'll see if this team can turn 2-0 into the playoffs. I'm looking mainly at the Ravens game to really boost us. We have a shot against Atlanta with their injuries and being a dome team, and Brent Grimes knowing their offense very well, but its going to be tough. Forget about the Saints game, not many teams walk into the Superdome in a primetime game and come away with a W. If we did, my expectations would jump up big time, but hopefully we can just keep that close.

Bpk likes this.
  27. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Dion Jordan will keep getting better.

The Oline will continue to improve it's chemistry.

Wallace and Tannehill. Gibson and Tanneill will improve chemistry.

Players like Rishard Matthews, Dion Sims and even Michael Egnew are getting snaps, practicing and quietly improving. Young players whose moments will come.

We haven't come even close to seeing the best from Will Davis or Jamar Taylor.

Lamar Miller is getting coaching and feedback like a starter this year, and will improve accordingly.

Tannehill is going into his 39th career (college AND NFL) start this Sunday. He wil definitely be making strides this year as he approaches 50+ starts.

Special Teams are getting to know one another. Usually by the end of the first month of the season is when we start seeing some great special teams plays.

Great things ahead!

PhinFan1968, Bumrush and Fin D like this.
  28. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Dr. Z may be my favorite sports writer of all time.

I miss him.

jdang307 likes this.
  29. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    We are ****ing doomed.

Fin D likes this.
  30. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Isn't this the same asswipe that predicted a 6-10 season and the Bills ahead of us?

31. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I get it though. All the wins and losses have to even out and most experts pick the teams that were good last year to have good records again.

32. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Well to be fair, I don't think the Bills are near as bad as many have them to be. The Jets, ya, but the Bills I think will be some tough games. Wouldn't it be nice to see THAT rivalry revitalized as the key division rivalry for the championship every year?

Oh, and ya, F King.

33. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    He's "evolving"

34. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    It bears repeating that Peter King stole a baseball from a little kid, and then he got indignant about when people called him an *******.