1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who breaks down game film?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CantinaJack, Sep 16, 2013.

1. CantinaJack

CantinaJack New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Washington DC
    If someone breaks down the game film after every game, I am interested in knowing what changes we made at half time.. Luck's stats significantly dropped in the second half and I am hoping some of you gurus could tell us what we did, more specifically I don't think the tight end had a catch the second half.

Also, I am interested in seeing Carroll's PFF score. To me he looked like he was playing pretty darned well, and maybe the reason we kept Wayne in check.

Jordan got to the QB a couple of times, but what the hell was with the one were he just kind of girly slapped Luck on the back, and let him escape for a 10 yard run? Finish the play rook! I'm pretty sure he thought Luck had gotten rid of it when he pump faked, but ya, that was def a learning experience for him.

2. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    If you watch Brent Grimes' post-game interview, he claims they didn't really make any schematic adjustments, just that they tightened up their own fundamentals and technique.

3. CantinaJack

CantinaJack New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Washington DC
    well lets hope that carries over to next week! :)

4. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    Indeed.

Whether or not they actually changed anything, despite was Grimes said, is another issue.

GMJohnson likes this.
  5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    a field goal, an int, 2 punts, and turning it over on downs. That is what the Colts offense did in the second half. They started 3 of those 6 possessions from within their own 20 yard line. The time of possession for the game was almost even. Yet I recall at halftime the TOP heavily in favor of the Colts, close to 19 to 11. So that means we possessed the ball close to that time in the 2nd half.

I think as the game went on, we blitzed more and more. It seemed the Colts started the game in a max protect, ready for the blitz, yet we weren't necessarily sending 5 or 6. Although, when we did only rush 4, we had a really hard time getting any pressure on Luck.

dolfan22 likes this.
  6. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    It's just nice to believe we actually made a few defensive adjustments at half time
    Rather than offensive coordinator Dan Henning taking his afternoon nap at halftime

7. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    If you watch Kevin Coyle's most recent interview, it seems as if he did decide to make adjustments coverage-wise at the request of secondary coach, Lou Anarumo.Also, the last defensive play was a suggestion by none other than defensive line coach, Kacy Rodgers.