1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Respect This Week?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CantinaJack, Sep 12, 2013.

1. CantinaJack

CantinaJack New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Washington DC
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/64629/double-coverage-dolphins-at-colts

Good analysis on both QBs. Surprisingly they both picked us to win at the bottom.

My only complaint... Whats with the terrible photo of RT? in the other Double Coverage colomns all the other QBs are upright, looking downfield and looking awesome, but Ryan is shown getting gang raped by the Cleveland D in his photo lol. I can only assume this is some subtle way of saying that RT sucks!:P

2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

More like they think our Oline sucks. He got sacked a bunch didn;t he?

3. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    Nice to see a couple of guys picking the away team on the end of back-to-back roadies. That takes guts. Really hope they're right.

Both QBs got sacked four times, right? Let's have some equal opportunity sackage pics! Show me Luck going down under an avalanche of silver and black if you're gonna show a play where Tannehill is fixing to go down.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I believe so, but the pressure wasn't equal. I doubt RT got hit 16 times like Weedon did.

5. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    No, you're right that Weeden got hit a lot more than Tannehill. I was talking about Luck, though - those were the pictures I saw at the top of the article (Luck pristine and ready to throw, and then Tannehill trying to escape the rush in a play that ended in a sack or short rush). Both Luck and Tannehill got sacked 4 times a piece. I didn't see the Raiders/Colts game, so I'm not sure how many times Luck got hit. I think I read on another thread that you said you watched the Raiders/Colts. How often did Luck get hit?

Obviously, I'm hopeful we can pressure Luck this week, but I'm thinking we need to get it with our front four (or some combination of four while seven drop) and the occasional surprise blitz.

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I did watch both games. Luck was pristine on those first two drives, but after that, particularly in the second half, he was much more harried. I don't know how many hits he had, but I would guess he was hit about as often as RT was and IMO Oakland is an inferior pass pressure team to Cleveland.

Finrunner likes this.
  7. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Weeden got sacked 6 times (Wake 2.5, Starks 1.5, Shelby 1, Jordan 1)

Edit: Doh! Just realized you meant Luck...ya.

Finrunner likes this.
  8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    It's nice to see some respect come our way, but I like it better when no one expects us to win. Love the "us against the world" mentality.

9. PhinFan1968

I'm pretty much there with ya...but I think a week 3 win would get the convo going "are they for real?" I don't think they'd be convinced. Start the season 5-2 with a win against New England and they'd be convinced.

I FULLY agree...it's time to take that step this week. I'm just as anxious and confident for this week as I was last week, can't fathom a loss.

Bpk likes this.
  10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    He was harassed but he's a hard dude to take down for sure.

11. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I agree that the Dolphins defense put more pressure on Weedon. But the fact that Tannehill was sacked four times and the RB's rushed for less than 30 yards the entire game is a reason to be very concerned about the play of the offensive line.

The Dolphins need vastly improved play by the offensive line going forward or it is going to be another long season for Dolphin fans. The Dolphins beat the Browns because of the play of the defense and some timely passing by Tannehill. They are going to need a lot more than that when they go against the better teams on their schedule. Especially the teams which done have the type of incompetent offense the Browns presently have.

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    As I pointed out in other threads, the run game struggles were league wide. Reality is that almost every team is saying, "their going to need more than that when they go against the better teams..." or words to that effect. So I don't agree that Miami needs to be "very concerned". They should be about as concerned as just about every other team. I said before the season that I thought our defense had a good chance to be excellent and that our pass game would be improved. I estimated then that the offense could/would average about 23 pts per game. An offense that provides 23 points paired with that defense is most likely a playoff team rather than a team that subjects it's fans to a long season.

Bpk and mullingan like this.
  13. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    nice to see Wells picking us to win

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    "That celebration is exhausting, so sometimes if it’s a third down and you know you may be coming off the field and you can go down and sit relax, that may determine how extensive it is. But if it’s a first or second down you might need to go out there and continue to play for your team. I think it might have been a second down so I had to save some in the tank.” – Two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Cameron Wake on his muted sack celebration after his first sack last week at Cleveland"

I knew releasing the Kracken was energy depriving..lol

Finrunner and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  15. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    I don't want to string 3 losses together during anytime this season. I remember the late 90's early 2000 we used to consistently start the season 7-0 8-1. Remember Thomas and Taylor winning in Oct and Nov and losing in Dec and Jan. Then one and done in the playoffs against Oakland, Jags, and Ravens. I guess the point is, I'd be thrilled with that type of a strong start this year, but I hope we start getting hot in Dec and Jan.

16. PhinFan1968

With the depth on the D, I don't see a late season drop-off like in those years. They're rotating nicely so far. By that time I also think Tanny/Wallace will develop and take a little pressure off the D.

17. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    They can keep their respect, I just want wins. Can't wait for Sunday and to see Wake potato sack Luck.

bberg likes this.
  18. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    I clicked the link before I read you comment and that was exactly the same thing that popped into my mind.

19. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
  20. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    That article is pretty much hidden on the site though. Take a look at their main headlines. Nothing about our game. Had the Colts won it would have been "Luck does it again".

That's ok though. They can only disrespect us for so long.

21. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

jboogie likes this.
  22. CantinaJack

CantinaJack New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Washington DC
    Trust me that the image is not an accident. As a graphic artist, part of my job is to provide images for customers for things like this. And lets just say that if someone was asking for an image of Tom Brady, they would get one of his goofy ones from his combine footage lol. Its not that big of a deal, but someone at ESPN graphic shop is probably a Jets fan...

Fin D likes this.