1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who to drop?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Bumrush, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I was able to pickup Hartline and Joquie Bell on waivers this week, leaving me with a gap at kicker.. Obviously I need a kicker so I was wondering who I should drop..
    Choices:
    Kembrick Thompkins, WR NE
    Powell - RB, NYJ

I'm weak at RB, with AP, MJD then a massive drop-off to Green-Ellis and now Bell. If one of my RB's gets injured I'm toast.
    Since I have one flex I can play 3 WR's. I'm thinking the upside for Thompkins is far greater than Powell.. Plus if Thompkins goes for 10+ catches with all the injuries to NE, I'll be upset if someone else in the league picks him up.

What do you guys think? Keep RB for depth or take a chance and keep Thompkins for future return?

2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'd rather have Thompkins for a few weeks at least till Gronk returns, and then swap him out for your AP handcuff who's probably a better option than Powell should AP get hurt. The Jets get Goodson back shortly so that'll convolute things in NY even further.

3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Funny.. Nobody in the league picked up Edelman.. So I dropped Thompkins and picked him up. Bunch of slackers in a 10 team league.. Can believe I churned the bottom of my roster and picked up Hartline, Edelman and Bell in exchange for Thompkins, Powell and Britt.

I also waived the Giants TE Myers and somehow picked up Jared Cook, who had a monster game.. See a lot more upside in Cook over Myers, who looked slow and only produced real late against the Cowboys..

Thinks looking up.. Gronk on the bench.. May need to keep to two TE's.

Boik14 and ToddPhin like this.
  4. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    You guys think I should accept a trade offer to give Joique Bell for Roddy White?
    Thanks

5. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Guess it depends on how much you trust Bush to stay healthy, your RB depth, and whether you think Roddy will heal up soon. I think Roddy is definitely someone to buy low if you have enough at RB you can afford to lose Bell.

6. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    My RB are Reggie Bush, J Bell, Alfred Morris, Lamar Miller, Ray Rice
    Thanks

7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    How many RBs can you start each week?

8. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Two generally

The WR are, Dez Bryant, Antinio Brown, Vincent Jakson, Steve Smith, K Thompkins, and Percy Harvin (waiting for him)

TE are, Olsen and J Thomas

9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'd probably do the trade. Your RB depth is good and you won't have to rush White into the line up until he's healthy.

10. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Thanks for your help, I just trade Bush for Foster, I like Bush a lot but his injuries prone

11. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Personally I didn't like the trade. I would've stayed with the duo of Bush & Bell rather than Foster by himself b/c now you have no handcuff. Bush's injuries are insignificant if you have Bell too b/c Detroit is highly conducive for RB points regardless of who is starting.

12. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    If I knew you had Bush I would have said to keep Bell for the handcuff; I'm not huge on handcuffs but with Bush I think it's smart. Good luck with Foster, is your league standard scoring?

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I think is Mark Brunell is your QB, you might want to drop him /fantasy-football-wisdom