1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeper Alert? - Pat Edwards WR, DET

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Stringer Bell, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    WR from Houston, that had a very productive college career:

[video=youtube;DoxdHbhjqgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DoxdHbhjqgE[/video]

He went undrafted, likely because he tore his quad at the Senior Bowl. Detroit signed him as an UDFA. He was on their practice squad last season because of a hamstring injury.

But this offseason, he started generating a lot of buzz. He definitely has speed. But its interesting to hear that he also is quite the route-runner:

Despite the hype, he didn't put up good numbers in preseason. But that may be a blessing, as he seems to be available in a lot of leagues.

If he can be the #2 WR for the Lions offense, he's going to put up numbers. They love to pass, and their defense looks bad again this season.

The risk here is that Edwards doesn't take control of the #2 spot. But considering the offense he's in, and the speed he has, I think this is a solid guy to take a flyer on :yes:

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I think Broyles runs away with that #2 spot...

3. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I was working under the same assumption, but it hasn't panned out. At this point it looks like Broyles will be behind Burleson playing the slot, with Edwards playing outside opposite Johnson.

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    .... and then Stringer drops him. :lol: