1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IIFYM any believers here ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ASOT, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    IIFYM (if it fits your macros) is all the rage now on You Tube fitness channels. Eating pop-tarts and ice cream if your numbers are spot on. (I personally don't but I do eat a lot of fat free Pringles LOL)

Do you stick to strictly "bro food" (i.e. chicken, rice & broccoli) to get your results or do you do any IIFYM or intermittent fasting ?

My numbers right now are 200 c / 60 f / 170 p everyday and refeed day they are 300 c / 50 f / 140 p and I am losing 1 to 1.5 lbs per week and gaining a bit of LBM.

2. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Theoretically, if it fits in your macros you should be fine. Allowing someone to eat whatever they want on a diet is quite empowering and will most likely keep them motivated to stick with the diet, which ultimately will lead to better long term results (since they aren't likely to cheat). That is my take on it.

Also intermittent fasting is incredible. It takes an adjustment, but it pays dividends no doubt.

ASOT likes this.
  3. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Nope..I don't believe in that at all. All carbs are not created equal, neither are fats or even proteins for that matter.

I think it's an easy way for people to eat **** and not feel bad about it because it "fits their macros". It's not healthy, and elevations in blood sugar levels do have an effect on body composition if you're eating a bunch of simple carbs (sugars).

Different proteins have different effects on the body, too. Some people can't digest dairy proteins well (whey, casein). Some have an easier time digesting plant proteins (pea, rice, etc.)

And your fats should mostly come from veggie sources (olive oil, nuts) or fish. I love my red meat, but I get lean cuts...I also eat tons of whole eggs. Gotta get in those polyunsaturated and monounsaturated :) Some saturated is good though.

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir...

4. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    When I looked at the thread and tried to figure out what iifym meant, my brain came up with If I ****ed Your Mom. Not sure about myself sometimes.

5. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Wtf is a macro?

6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A