1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by daphins, Aug 20, 2013.

1. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Hey all,

I got talked into a new league with my buddy. It's interesting and has a lot of solid players. The league is set up like this

Auction draft with $200.00 budget
    Players salary is locked in for how much you paid in the draft with league minimum's per position in FA
    Player salaries need to fall under a $200.00 salary cap
    $100.00 FA acquisition budget
    PPR
    3 player keeper. 20% increase in salary from year-to-year, and you can keep the players up to 3 years in a row before they go back in the pool.

As I said it's a pretty cool league. It was my first auction draft so I screwed up a bit and left too much money on the board ($34.00). That's not all "wasted" money though as I now have enough cap room to deal...the downside is it left me probably a stud short. Here's my current team.

QB: Stafford
    RB: Trent Richardson
    RB: Darren McFadden
    Flex: Ryan Matthews
    WR: Victor Cruz
    WR: Pierre Garcon
    TE: Tyler Eiffert (throw away, Gronk all the good ones were kept)
    D/ST: Miami (I'm a homer and we play the bills and jets 4 times this year. They'll be rotated out at some point)
    K: Bullock

Bench: James Jones
    Bench: Jonathan Franklin
    Bench: Ahmed Bradshaw
    Bench: Miles Austin
    Bench: Daryl Richardson
    Bench: Jordy Nelson
    Bench: Michael Vick

That team has a lot of potential, but a lot of ???'s about it. Either James Jones or Jordy Nelson will be very valuable (my money is on Jones), Franklin looks to be a bust, Bradshaw has top 10 RB potential if he can stay healthy....most won't agree, but Indy is super thin at RB and he's still damn good, I think Austin is due for a big year, Daryl Richardson is a total wild-card, Michael Vick has potential to explode.

Here's the deal...I'm in the PNW.......due to the locals love for all things Chip Kelly Michael Vick is a hot commodity up here. He's my trade bait. I'm wondering about what people think about Mathews and Daryl Richardson? I have an opportunity to trade Richardson for Mendenhall straight-up. I'm also trying to trade a package of either Mathews or McFadden plus an assortment of Jordy Nelson, Richardson, Miles Austin, or Franklin for Ray Rice....

1. What is fair to trade for Rice? If I can get Ray Rice I can package him with Vick to get LeSean McCoy.
    2. I got Daryl Richardson on the cheap...is it worth to keep him around in hopes that he explodes and becomes a blue chip keeper next year?
    I like Cruz, Garcon, James Jones, and Miles Austin for WR's, but I'm willing to part with some or any of them to get what I need.

Thoughts?