1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tailgating in Cleveland

Discussion in 'The Phins Connection - Tailgating & More' started by dolphin_fan, Aug 11, 2013.

1. dolphin_fan

dolphin_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I will be at the season opener in Cleveland. Where are the Dolphin Fans tailgating? Is there a specific parking lot?

2. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I have been to two Browns home games including against the Dolphins - dreadful performance by our offense that game, ugh - and the way to enjoy the pregame festivities the best is doing the bar crawl towards the stadium, their ain't much tailgating there from what I have seen but the bars by the stadium are outstanding, bands playing in a lot of them, I would consider doing that instead.

3. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    This is true in terms of bars - go to West 6th street early and the place will be packed and a lot of fun.

There are actually two huge tailgating areas that are normally fun - The Pit and the Muni Lot. The Muni Lot is off of 90 I believe across from the stadium. The Pit is more hidden downtown off the flats a ways. There are TONS of tailgaters and it'll be a drunken party.

I do want to warn that Browns fans are pretty nasty to opposing fans. They're going to chant "*******" at you. They're going to say some of the meanest nastiest things you've ever heard. They might throw beer at you. It wouldn't surprise me if you got shoved once or twice.

I watched a Lions fan walk through the Muni Lot for a preseason game and just get beer dumped on him over and over. For a preseason game. The Phins game is the season opener. It's going to be a mess.

Just wanted to give that warning. I always go when the Phins are in town but wear orange to be neutral and don't get too aggressive in cheering. And I live here.

4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Brown fans nasty? No one gave me beef when I went to the Dolphin game but you are from Cleveland so maybe I got lucky, but Brown fans seemed pretty cool.

5. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    They are notoriously nasty - but I guess it somewhat depends where you sit, too.

They have a section called the Dawgpound that is nasty. You might have better luck elsewhere in the stadium.

I do encourage the tailgating - it's pretty fun.

Also - if anyone needs restaurant recos or stuff to do the night before or anything like that, let me know.

6. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Going to the opener with a Browns fan from work. Doing the bar crawl and checking out one of Michael Simon's joints. Hearing they're making a place of his in the stadium too.
    Excited to visit "the factory of sadness". YouTube it..

7. PhiNomina

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    How did y'all enjoy Cleveland?

8. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Had a great time. A friend of mine (Browns fan) and I drove in from Chicago. We chilled at Bar Louie before the game. I wore a Mike Wallace jersey and expected some hostility. I got very little...one bark...one joke...one drunken comment from a guy sitting next to me. I actually got more crap about my Marshall shirt on Sat because they destroyed Miami of Ohio the week prior and have a rivalry game with Ohio this upcoming Saturday.

The stadium was great I thought. We went to Michael Simon's B spot which was new and great. $10 beers sucked! Either way it was great to see 70k+ Browns fans lose all excitement for the season after 3.5 quarters of play in the 1st season.

Enjoyed my stay in Cleveland. Would recommend it to anyone and would go back.

PhiNomina likes this.