1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panic attack/disorder

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by anlgp, Aug 7, 2013.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I was going to write a wonderful anal(gap)ogy of a caveman (or woman) and a fire and a tiger and fear, but I just don't have the energy right now. Instead, I'm just going to lay out the symptoms for panic attacks:

• "Racing" heart (have had heartrates of 150 + just resting)
    • Feeling weak, faint, or dizzy (currently feeling weak)
    • Tingling or numbness in the hands and fingers (left foot tingly)
    • Sense of terror, or impending doom or death (not currently, thankfully, but I have had it today)
    • Feeling sweaty or having chills (have had it today)
    • Chest pains (have also had today)
    • Breathing difficulties (no, thankfully, and I usually don't get this because this is how I calm myself down)
    • Feeling a loss of control (yes)

Which are symptoms of a singular occurrence of a panic attack. As in 1. I have those and panic disorder (which are all the previous symptoms plus):

a fear of having another panic attack.

In addition to this, I suffer from major depression, social anxiety, and other health issues like everyone else, as well, and on top of it I have school obligations and have to do real-world things without these things weighing me down.

Some days it is a major pain in the ***. Most days it's a major pain in the ***.

But somehow I suck it up and deal with it.

Except today has been really rough as you can see because I've had most of the classic symptoms of an attack. I do not know how I possess the strength to get through these on a daily basis. I just know that I just do, and go about life because life needs going about, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let this **** stop me.

Thanks.

Mcduffie81, ToddPhin and Fin-Omenal like this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    My mother is a victim of panic attacks and has been for many years, she is addicted to xanax because of this.

I've had my bouts the past 9years over an incident I won't go into. Until someone experiences these, they have no clue what they do to you. Its a horrible feeling.

One cheesey theraputical excersise I do is take a deep breath, hold it in..and release slowly. ..then repeat that a few times. Somehow that atleast reduces the severity.

Stay up buddy, your stronger than the episodes you just can't forget it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Fin D likes this.
  3. anlgp

Yeah, I've had a few of those incidents myself.

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Ill pm you my incident soon, in the mean time get some fresh air n try and be active.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

5. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    what type of health issues/symptoms?

Plus, what's your diet like? Any digestive system problems?
    Take any health supplements?

6. anlgp

My doctors tell me I'm pretty healthy save for a few things. My nephrologist says that I need to cut out ibuprofen usage. I have to see him again in 3 months.

My diet is not good for the IBS I have.

No.

7. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    How bad is the IBS and what foods onset it? Any food allergies/sensitivities? Skin problems?

8. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    I deal with vertigo. Sounds like a lot of the same symptoms.

9. anlgp

It depends on stress, of course. Yes, caffeine, to which I consume constantly to fight the tired feeling. Not that I know of, and not that I know of.

10. anlgp

I'm sorry to hear about your vertigo. I did a quick wiki and that sounds similar somewhat.

Vertigo effects (affects?) the vestibular system (whatever the hell that is), and panic effects (affects?) the nervous system. Those may be the differences?

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    so the IBS happens with everything you eat? Do you know if there's leaky gut too?

12. anlgp

No, not with everything. http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/trigger2.asp

Not sure, but I've seen a hell of a lot of doctors and I would think they would have found out if I do.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Odd I have IBS myself, along with an infection that comes and goes called Colitis. (Insert Gay joke here)

14. anlgp

Sucks, doesn't it?

15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Very much so. I had a colonoscopy about 4 years ago to remove some pulips for testing. Was supposed to go back 2years after but I'm not the most thorough guy when it comes to my health.

16. anlgp

It's because colonoscopies suck.

17. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    they're not always as keen as you'd like to think. IBS isn't necessarily a condition itself. It can be a symptom of other sh*t.
    I had a handful of similar issues:
    -Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    -IBS
    -systemic candidiasis, which is a yeast overgrowth in the digestive system that becomes toxic and extremely problematic as it transforms into its fungal form
    -beginning stages of Fibromyalgia
    -my symptoms were bad enough that I was immediately tested for Hodgkins Disease

The problem is- medical school teaches doctors to treat these problems as actual conditions rather than underlying symptoms of something else that's wrong. They're taught to operate within the confines of pharmaceutical medicine, but unfortunately much of the stuff you're experiencing is natural related which med school spends very little time covering b/c the AMA is tied at the hip with Big Pharma. Both of my doctors didn't know sh** about how to treat me other than prescribing drugs to treat the symptoms and telling me to just make the best of it, to cope with it. So I did gobs of my own research, lots of trial and error, and what I found out is- for certain stuff, doctors are improperly trained and thus dont necessarily know sh**. I cured my own self. I didn't need to become dependent upon a lifetime of drugs, and I certainly didn't have to worry about "making the best of it". I cured my IBS. Cured my "Chronic Fatigue", and the Fibromyalgia stuff is obsolete.

My stepdaughter has tons of health problems including severe diabetes, gluten intolerance, systemic candidiasis, and you'd be surprised HOW MANY of her doctors at numerous hospitals & clinics in Florida & North Carolina I spoke with who had no clue what candidiasis is or how to treat it. Heck it'd be easier to discuss how many actually knew the first thing about it--- zero.

BTW, did your doctors do full blood work?
    Did a shrink assess whether or not you have Asperger's?