Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Wow, Im so pumped up after this....

  1. #1
    #Reloading... Alex13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berlin,Germany
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,725
    Thanks (Given)
    4113
    Thanks (Received)
    9281
    Rep Power
    713

    Default Wow, Im so pumped up after this....

    what a great video....watch and get pumped up too

    http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/v...3-696e96d517df


    Note to DJ...wake is on there shirtless for a couple of seconds...lol

    also watch armon binns with the finsiders, that route he runs at 0:30.....what a beauty, also at the 4:24 mark, michael egnew in the background....jesus that looks gay

    http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Armon_Binns_This_Is_Fun/f5d33584-1a1f-47ed-9ae9-7b3a7d981681


    Adam Gase:
    The most important thing that I have learned in this whole experience since 2011 is every guy is different and you need to adjust your offense to who you have.
    Every team is functioning around the quarterback.

  2. #2
    Derp Sherpa Fin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    66,392
    Thanks (Given)
    33649
    Thanks (Received)
    34048
    Rep Power
    2770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    what a great video....watch and get pumped up too

    http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/v...3-696e96d517df


    Note to DJ...wake is on there shirtless for a couple of seconds...lol

    also watch armon binns with the finsiders, that route he runs at 0:30.....what a beauty

    http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/v...9-7b3a7d981681
    - The team video guys learned a metric **** ton from the Hardknock guys.
    - My god the old colors are effing hideous now. They need to burn all video from minis/otas
    - I am officially on the the bandwagon of calling Tannehill, RTIII based on your sig.

  3. Thanks Alex13, Claymore95, Bpk, evz, RoninFin4 thanked for this post
  4. #3
    Silently Judging You GridIronKing34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Age
    27
    Posts
    23,132
    Thanks (Given)
    6626
    Thanks (Received)
    15254
    Rep Power
    1292

    Default Re: Wow, I´m so pumped up after this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fin D View Post
    - The team video guys learned a metric **** ton from the Hardknock guys.
    - My god the old colors are effing hideous now. They need to burn all video from minis/otas
    - I am officially on the the bandwagon of calling Tannehill, RTIII based on your sig.
    It looks like they upgraded their equipment more than anything.

  5. Thanks TiP54 thanked for this post
  6. #4
    Derp Sherpa Fin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    66,392
    Thanks (Given)
    33649
    Thanks (Received)
    34048
    Rep Power
    2770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    It looks like they upgraded their equipment more than anything.
    Looks like they learned a bit about some cinematography and editing to.

  7. Thanks maynard thanked for this post
  8. #5
    #Reloading... Alex13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berlin,Germany
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,725
    Thanks (Given)
    4113
    Thanks (Received)
    9281
    Rep Power
    713

    Default

    jeff fuller also made a nice catch in that video
    Adam Gase:
    The most important thing that I have learned in this whole experience since 2011 is every guy is different and you need to adjust your offense to who you have.
    Every team is functioning around the quarterback.

  9. #6
    Working on it... Claymore95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanks (Given)
    2421
    Thanks (Received)
    1291
    Rep Power
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fin D View Post
    - The team video guys learned a metric **** ton from the Hardknock guys.
    - My god the old colors are effing hideous now. They need to burn all video from minis/otas
    - I am officially on the the bandwagon of calling Tannehill, RTIII based on your sig.
    First thing I thought when I watched it, "yes, we're doing our own Hard Knocks!"

  10. Thanks Fin D, Bpk, thisperishedmin thanked for this post
  11. #7
    #Reloading... Alex13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berlin,Germany
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,725
    Thanks (Given)
    4113
    Thanks (Received)
    9281
    Rep Power
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore95 View Post
    First thing I thought when I watched it, "yes, we're doing our own Hard Knocks!"
    and the more i think about it, the more i come to the conclusion...why the **** not ???
    Adam Gase:
    The most important thing that I have learned in this whole experience since 2011 is every guy is different and you need to adjust your offense to who you have.
    Every team is functioning around the quarterback.

  12. Thanks Claymore95 thanked for this post
  13. #8
    I miss Don & Dan gunn34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oviedo FL
    Age
    53
    Posts
    21,615
    Thanks (Given)
    13930
    Thanks (Received)
    3362
    Rep Power
    442

    Default


  14. #9
    Silently Judging You GridIronKing34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Age
    27
    Posts
    23,132
    Thanks (Given)
    6626
    Thanks (Received)
    15254
    Rep Power
    1292

    Default Re: Wow, I´m so pumped up after this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fin D View Post
    Looks like they learned a bit about some cinematography and editing to.
    Probably some but it's not like they were being coached by HBO. If they were lucky then maybe they were PAs during the show.

    I'm sure they know what they are doing. But this video wouldn't be hard to replicate. Looks like a Canon 7D or 5D and a few primes with probably some sort of stabilizer system.

    But hey, I do this for a living so it looks simpler to me. I'm just thankful the team utilizes media production like they do.

  15. Thanks Fin D thanked for this post
  16. #10
    Set Your Sights High Bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    62,306
    Thanks (Given)
    44046
    Thanks (Received)
    16730
    Rep Power
    1732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    It looks like they upgraded their equipment more than anything.
    Totally disagree. I worked in production for awhile, TV commercials then around comedy shows, and TV pilots... this is DEFINITELY using a LOT of HBO templat.

    - the shot sequence
    - the sped up exteriors at the beginning
    - the low camera with up-angles at the players to crteate gladiator feel
    - martial music with dramatic crescendo
    - following helmets held in hands
    - dripping sweat extreme closeups mixed with wide shots, great shot framing variety i the ratios and order of most HK openings
    - voiceover style and timing
    - storyline of a team coming together, positon battles, only 53 can make it is template HK
    - I could go on for another ten piints and that's the point.
    - wide angle lens shots (fish eye)
    - personal moments between players

    This is entirely emulated from HK. I'm impressed as hell.

    Questions:

    1) Are the Dolphins planning to do a longer, more in depth series over training camp and preseason? Our own mini-HK? I sure hope so.
    2) Were Dee and Ross smart enough to have planned to accept HK because our internal video guys could study and learn with the HBO cameramen? I mean, that's brilliant. We are HBO-trained and I'd say we have the BEST multi-media department of any NFL team at this point (consider the Finsiders too).

  17. Thanks Fin D thanked for this post
  18. #11
    Derp Sherpa Fin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    66,392
    Thanks (Given)
    33649
    Thanks (Received)
    34048
    Rep Power
    2770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    Probably some but it's not like they were being coached by HBO. If they were lucky then maybe they were PAs during the show.

    I'm sure they know what they are doing. But this video wouldn't be hard to replicate. Looks like a Canon 7D or 5D and a few primes with probably some sort of stabilizer system.

    But hey, I do this for a living so it looks simpler to me. I'm just thankful the team utilizes media production like they do.
    I'm sure there was conversations and watching and what not. It just seems night and day from stuff before Hardknocks came to town. Then again, I'm not in the industry like you.

  19. #12
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    78,519
    Thanks (Given)
    26000
    Thanks (Received)
    31957
    Rep Power
    2909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    and the more i think about it, the more i come to the conclusion...why the **** not ???
    The dolphin network...don't see why it wouldn't work...just need to get the rights from the NFL. I suppose

  20. #13
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    78,519
    Thanks (Given)
    26000
    Thanks (Received)
    31957
    Rep Power
    2909

    Default

    Oh, and yeah I saw the shot of wake Alex, it's so yesterday's news, but as you can see, the perfect football player..give him a raise.

  21. #14
    Silently Judging You GridIronKing34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Age
    27
    Posts
    23,132
    Thanks (Given)
    6626
    Thanks (Received)
    15254
    Rep Power
    1292

    Default Re: Wow, I´m so pumped up after this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bpk View Post
    Totally disagree. I worked in production for awhile, TV commercials then around comedy shows, and TV pilots... this is DEFINITELY using a LOT of HBO templat.

    - the shot sequence
    - the sped up exteriors at the beginning
    - the low camera with up-angles at the players to crteate gladiator feel
    - martial music with dramatic crescendo
    - following helmets held in hands
    - dripping sweat extreme closeups mixed with wide shots, great shot framing variety i the ratios and order of most HK openings
    - voiceover style and timing
    - storyline of a team coming together, positon battles, only 53 can make it is template HK
    - I could go on for another ten piints and that's the point.
    - wide angle lens shots (fish eye)
    - personal moments between players

    This is entirely emulated from HK. I'm impressed as hell.

    Questions:

    1) Are the Dolphins planning to do a longer, more in depth series over training camp and preseason? Our own mini-HK? I sure hope so.
    2) Were Dee and Ross smart enough to have planned to accept HK because our internal video guys could study and learn with the HBO cameramen? I mean, that's brilliant. We are HBO-trained and I'd say we have the BEST multi-media department of any NFL team at this point (consider the Finsiders too).
    A lot of these shots are easier to replicate now thanks to the rise of video on DSLR. It was creative but not as ground-breaking as you're making it.

    I would argue with you more but I'm on my phone. You said you used to work in production, but when did you stop out of curiosity?

  22. #15
    Silently Judging You GridIronKing34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Age
    27
    Posts
    23,132
    Thanks (Given)
    6626
    Thanks (Received)
    15254
    Rep Power
    1292

    Default Re: Wow, I´m so pumped up after this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fin D View Post
    I'm sure there was conversations and watching and what not. It just seems night and day from stuff before Hardknocks came to town. Then again, I'm not in the industry like you.
    They probably started planning things out more than anything. Pre-production is vital with stuff like this.

    I am curious what their video team is paid though.

  23. #16
    Derp Sherpa Fin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    66,392
    Thanks (Given)
    33649
    Thanks (Received)
    34048
    Rep Power
    2770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    A lot of these shots are easier to replicate now thanks to the rise of video on DSLR. It was creative but not as ground-breaking as you're making it.

    I would argue with you more but I'm on my phone. You said you used to work in production, but when did you stop out of curiosity?
    I don't think saying they've learned to shoot and edit video like another entity already shooting and editing video that way is the same thing as saying something is groundbreaking. All we are saying is that after being around the HK guys, they are producing video similar to the HK guys.

  24. #17
    Silently Judging You GridIronKing34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Age
    27
    Posts
    23,132
    Thanks (Given)
    6626
    Thanks (Received)
    15254
    Rep Power
    1292

    Default Re: Wow, I´m so pumped up after this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fin D View Post
    I don't think saying they've learned to shoot and edit video like another entity already shooting and editing video that way is the same thing as saying something is groundbreaking. All we are saying is that after being around the HK guys, they are producing video similar to the HK guys.
    Just emulating their style is what it looks like. Based on music videos and stuff they've done, I think they always had the skill set needed to produce the content. It probably just took HK to show them how much planning goes into it and a few techniques (timelapses and slow motion video primarily) can go a long ways.

  25. #18
    Who, whom? maynard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    clearwater, fl
    Posts
    18,478
    Thanks (Given)
    9692
    Thanks (Received)
    6306
    Rep Power
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    and the more i think about it, the more i come to the conclusion...why the **** not ???
    I'd pay $20 for an in-house version of Hark Knocks, even if it was a propaganda machine
    "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

  26. Thanks SICK, Ohio Fanatic thanked for this post
  27. #19
    Lounge Moderator SICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    72,611
    Thanks (Given)
    43741
    Thanks (Received)
    35011
    Rep Power
    2943

    Default

    Loving the redzone fade to Binns.....dude might make it happen here, fellas!

  28. #20
    Chaotic Neutral Paul 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    69,448
    Thanks (Given)
    30431
    Thanks (Received)
    25738
    Rep Power
    2330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SICK View Post
    Loving the redzone fade to Binns.....dude might make it happen here, fellas!
    a certain local news reporter already has him as a lock to make the team.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm pumped for this season... Anyone with me?
    By HULKFish in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 06:21 AM
  2. Henne pumped Fake
    By jpep13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 09:54 AM
  3. COMMENTARY: Pumped by a thumping
    By DrAstroZoom in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 01:09 AM
  4. Get pumped
    By Kanye West in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 08:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •