1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superman to battle Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin D, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Probably won't work so well in live action.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

TiP54 likes this.
  3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    The Batman will likely not be Bale...sours it a lot for me.

CashInFist and MikeHoncho like this.
  4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I would say its a definite not gonna happen instead of a "not likely". Nolan is going to produce again though, like with Superman.

5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Nolan is going to have nothing to do with the next wave of Superman and/or Batman movies. His name will be attached to the film simply for marketing purposes and he'll collect a fat check but that's it.

6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'm on the fence on this one. I personally would love to simply have Batman rebooted and be in his own "realistic" world fighting his own villains and not showing up in a JL movie or team up, however it's clear WB wants both (and rightfully so) so I will hold back judgement until we get to see actual footage, plot, etc.

It is nice to see The Flash getting a solo film too though. Hopefully it's a success and leads to WB adding more character solo films.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Just too soon to try a reboot IMO. This isn't the Clooney Batman were talking about, we are talking about one of the best triologies of all time.

CashInFist, Pagan and gunn34 like this.
  8. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I really don't like the 2 going against each other, especially after recently just seeing Supe come back so strong and seemingly gain some ground on Bats' popularity. I would much rather the 2 team up (which will probably happen at the end of the movie anyways) to make it more in line with the JL comics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I'm not a super hero fan at all but is this even a fair fight? Since when did Batman acquire super hero powers? If I recall he is a man of gadgets, I don't think his gadgets alone would take down Superman.

10. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    HIs intellect and gadgets. I bet it will involve Bruce finding out Supes weakness in kryptonite using his detective skills and gadgets. Then exploiting the weakness to defeat him.

11. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Using The Dark Knight Returns as an inspiration for Batman and Superman's FIRST meeting is such an awful idea.

12. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I agree with both of these posts. Way too soon for another Batman movie. WB should let the TDK trilogy breathe some more and come out with a new Batman series in 2016 or 17.

As far as a Batman/Superman team up, I think from a business sense it makes sense. Batman is a billion dollar franchise right now and Man of Steel did very well at the box office even if the reviews were very mixed. A Batman/Superman team up film is going to make a boat load of money.

I would have just given Superman a stand alone sequel, then given Batman a new series and then do the team up film leading into a JL movie.

But hey at least we are getting more DC films right?

CashInFist likes this.
  13. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Really tired of the absurd idea that Superman vs. Batman is a thing. They're close friends and without some BS writing it really isn't a contest.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I don't think the point of the movie of will be a fight between the two. I think they will test each other before teaming up, similar to how they did in the animated movie.

Pagan likes this.
  15. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Kind of sounds like that, really, will it be any different than when Iron Man and Thor went at it the first time they met in Avengers?

Pagan and Fin D like this.
  16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I hope Batman makes a kryptonite laser that destroys Superman for all eternity. IMO There isn't a less interesting, less appealing, more poorly written character than Superman. Anywhere. Ever.

I mean I'd rather sit through the entire series of that crappy "Static Shock" show than be forced to endure Superman. My two cents...ask me how I really feel :lol:

DevilFin13 and Stitches like this.
  17. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Superman isn't my favorite hero but you're exaggerating a lot, IMO. There's definitely unique things about him.

18. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I think its a great idea, Im glad they aren't letting Batman sit around either. Putting him out to pasture because the trilogy was good is stupid. If Nolan and Bale don't want to do anymore Batman movies then get new people, the character is great and if they do a good job casting the movie it has a lot of potential. Batman using his skills and intellect against Superman really isn't a ground breaking idea its been done in the comics before.

19. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I really don't have any need for batman at this point. I also wasn't as crazy for the third batman as much as most other people either. Idk.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gunn34 likes this.
  20. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That's cause your old *** would rather see a Matlock/Murder She Wrote team up. Now get back to trying to get a sub forum made where you can complain about the prices of produce and tolls.

21. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    have to blame your age on this one. Superman is a classic hero, based on old fashioned values. He complements Batman really well with his personality. Personally, my two favorite superheroes. World's Finest was my favorite comic book when I was a a kid. but I do agree that Static Shock is crappy.

22. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think it's more than an age thing. I'm 45 and find Superman to be one of the least interesting superheroes as well. Of course, I may just be immature, LOL.

Stitches and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  23. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Most superheroes are uninteresting until you start seeing the more recent arcs applied to them. There's been a lot done lately to develop internal struggles that weren't there before. Back in the day, Superman had no real struggles. He was just a simple boy scout who pretended to struggle as Clark Kent. They've started to evolve that by focusing on his inherent loneliness and the mental difficulty required to control his powers and not become overly ambitious. Plus the more realistic take of his relationship with that of the government. I'm not saying he's complicated character study, but leaps and bounds have been made.

NolesNPhinsFan likes this.
  24. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Yeah but, I didn't really enjoy the new arc that much either. My brother is a big Superman fan and he loved it. I've heard similar comments from other Superman fans. But amongst non-Superman fans I haven't found many who really loved the movie. IMO it's an improvement, but doesn't move him out of the least interesting superhero category.

25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Oh, I wasn't talking about the movie. I was talking about the comics and some animated stuff.

26. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Kinda stoked for the Flash. Unless of course...

[video=youtube;hmC0mc_dyFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmC0mc_dyFk[/video]

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Thats a dumb idea.

28. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Lol. Nice. Without changing topics I'll just say that about mid-way to 2/3 through the third, I was seriously questioning if it would have been better to just let Gotham be nuked

Fin D likes this.
  29. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    It was one of those rare movies where i was thoroughly engrossed during the movie then after reflection, I liked it much less.

maynard and Stitches like this.
  30. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Marvel > DC

/thread

Pagan and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  31. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Have you ever read Kingdom Come? Superman has some damn good stories. Those rarely make mainstream media though.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  32. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

The stories of Superman that are intertwined with politics are usually solid. There are also the arcs where he struggles with his immense power or questioning his place in the world. Superman stories that non-fans see tend to solely revolve around punching things really hard. The psychology of the hero is always ignored.

People don't realize that he is well above average intelligence. Writers included. He has pretty much been written to eschew his intelligence because he can punch things really hard. Does nobody realize that he has a fortress of solitude with amazing artificial intelligence that honestly rivals the bat cave?

33. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

/thread in the way that a bad taco makes you not willing to eat another one?

34. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I hope it's scared of the speed force Flash rather than overly campy Flash.

35. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Well, now you've confused me. What is this "bad taco" you speak of?

36. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I'm in Mexico so it just popped in my head.

37. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Yeah, but does he have Super Humor?

Fin D likes this.
  38. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Goyer, who's writing the script, said the title of the movie will most likely have "vs." in it so it will probably be Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman.

39. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    that seems really cheesy, I hope they don't do that.

40. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I agree but from a marketing stand point it makes sense. Tells the viewer exactly what they're going to see.