1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeff Ireland Q&A

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    OPENING STATEMENT: "We got better [Sunday]. In the third round we took Kendall Langford from Hampton. He'll play defensive end for us. We feel real good about him. He has some pass-rush ability. He's from a smaller school, Hampton University, but we feel like he has the ability to play in the rotation. He has great size. He has great character. He has a real good makeup as a kid.

"We took Shawn Murphy in the fourth round from Utah State. He's another makeup guy we feel real good about. We'll put him over at right guard at this time. We feel like he has a chance to be a part of the rotation as well.

"Jalen Parmele out of Toledo -- nice little running back. He had a nice career at Toledo. We feel like right now he's going to be the third running back. We'll have a good rotation there. He has good special teams value. He has good kickoff return ability. We'll put him there as well and let him challenge for that position.

LINK to rest of story
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-irelandqa043908,0,5668602.story

2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Q: What is the Dolphins' relationship with Jason Taylor?

A: "Hopefully it's pretty good. We want the guy back."

alen1 likes this.
  3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Q: Was there was a concern that Shawn Murphy would be picked by another team prompting you to trade up to take him?

A: "We were sitting there at pick No. 115. We saw a center, a guard and a guard go right there and I said, 'you know what, I don't want to wait on this guy.' He was the guy we targeted so we decided to give the seventh up to go ensure we got him."

Q: Will Murphy compete for the left guard position?

A: "I think he is either going to be a right guard or a left guard. I think right now, on paper, he's a right guard. Whether that puts Justin (Smiley) at left guard, so be it. We don't really know exactly and that is a question for the head coach, to be honest with you, where he puts those players. He is going to be vying for a position, whether he is stating or a backup. We would not have drafted him if he didn't have a chance at some point to compete for either a starting role or a solid backup role. He has a long way to go just like all these kids do."

It sounds to me by Jeff comments this kid will start for us sooner then later....IMO

brandon27, Kanye West and alen1 like this.
  4. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    good read.
    Not a lot of new info but it did explain a few things.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Really good read bro. Thanks.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Good stuff...:up:

Now this:

Will make some folks rather discontented...:lol:

No mention of Phil Merling or Big Jake Long though?

7. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I'm starting to think the whole Booker reasoning was BS.

Booker could have been our 3rd Running back and Kick Returner. I just think they wanted a 4th round pick.

Kanye West and alen1 like this.
  8. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I am excited about Jalen Parmele I think he is going to be good

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  9. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Great read bro

ATVZ400 likes this.
  10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Some good info in there. Nice to hear that Jeff will at least speak up things happening with this team. Thanks for sharing

11. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    IF there was a RB that I wanted it was Parmele but I'm not sure how Parmele is going to be as our KR. I saw Booker who had great acceleration to go with that speed. I just feel that they wanted a 4th round pick because of value.

12. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    I hope so. It makes me happy to see guy's drafted that can start right away, especially when they come out of day 2.

13. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Really? You wanted Booker as our 3rd down back? If i was the punter and saw Booker being handed the ball on 3rd down, I'd get my leg warmed up.

Kick returner? He was horrible at fielding kicks last year. Why would you want that?