1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insider's view: By Charley Casserly

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    The Dolphins had a solid draft. OT Jake Long will step in right away at LOT and get their offensive line headed in the right direction. He is a massive guy with long arms. At times he has struggled with top speed off the edge, but I have seen many tackles succeed in the NFL on the left side that were not as talented. He could always move over to the right side where I think he would be a Pro Bowl tackle. DE Phillip Merling would have been a first-round pick if he did not have a hernia surgery that limited his ability to work out this spring. He has very good strength at the point of attack and can shed blockers very well. They also picked up another DE in Kendall Langford, who impressed me at the Senior Bowl as a prospect with long arms who could develop into a good 3-4 DE. He shows the ability to stack and shed at the point of attack. Chad Henne gives them another QB to work with. He has a strong arm and can be quick and compact in his release. I think he needs to improve his accuracy and decision-making some. OT Shawn Murphy is a physical player.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10803429

late again, alen1 and ryoung8918 like this.
  2. ryoung8918

ryoung8918 New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    OC, Calif
    Of all the guys on either network covering the draft this weekend, I liked Casserly the best. Obviously understands the process, the players and how they fit into an individual team's scheme. One interesting point he made sometime this week was that he considered Flacco no better than a late 2nd/3rd round prospect that, in his words, "would get overdrafted".

3. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, I liked him as well. He brought a lot of insight to the discussion.

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I give Casserly much mroe credit than draftniks on those sites, but is he the only one saying Henne has a short and compact release?

5. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Thanks ATV.
    I want to nominate you for the "Newsfinderguy with jockstrap on avatar" Award....j/k
    I really do appreciate how quickly and consistently you post links to articles. You ought to get another badge for that.