1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NIT:Robert Morris defeats Kentucky, Bristol doesn't notice

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by padre31, Mar 20, 2013.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ah, this was sweet, the wizards in Bristol CT had run a story earlier in the evening:

"Should the National Champion receive an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament"

"KY doesn't belong in the NIT, it should be for small colleges, with small schools that lose early in the NCAA's receiving invitations to the NIT"

And then, tiny Robert Morris defeats preseason #1 Kentucky in a 3,000 seat arena, and lo and behold..nothing...to be seen on BSPN. Possibly a story or two, but the prior coverage mysteriously vanishes.

This on top of recycling not only the LeBron's decision to sign with the Heat+the entertaining Heat version of the Harlem Shake+ a bizzarre story line about James' contract being up after next season and a return to Cleveland (WTH?) and all in all BSPN had a bad evening..which is a good thing.

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Honestly I think the Kentucky fans and team probably had a rougher evening than ESPN.

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I am a Providence College honk on top of being a CBB honk.....if my Friars win tonight they get Robert Morris....

Personally we wanted Kentucky, nothing like beating a top tier program at anytime of the year....