1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** The Buffalo Bills Free Agency Poaching Thread **

Discussion in '2013 GM League Forum' started by Vengeful Odin, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    CURRENT BILLS TARGETS

CB Greg Toler ($3,200,000) - Expires at 09:49 PM 3/14 EST

VO'S ANALYSIS

At this point in Free Agency most folks have settled on their targets, or have already signed key players. Van has a couple of mid-level bids out but nothing super-spectacular. Toler is a decent CB who can probably start as a #2, but at 3.2 million already, he may be in danger of being overpaid.

DO NOT BID on Chad Rinehart as he already has. Van wants to drive the price up and dump him on you so he can get a comp pick. He's an overrated loser. (Van, not Rinehart - Rinehart is an okay-ish guard but trust me, there are better and cheaper prospects still available).

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

The sad state of the Bills franchise has simply continued this offseason at the hands of one of the worst GMs in GML history. This GM has made numerous critical errors throughout the offseason, including:

• Talking up players recently cut and free agent targets, especially those that other GMs have already bid on. Class 1 douche move.
    • Constantly bragging about how he's going to get an amazing comp pick for Andy Levitre. News flash: He's a guard. He won't make as much as the Top 2 WRs, and possibly not as much as some of the CBs and LBers.
    • Getting into bidding wars with other teams. This makes you a douche. Especially when Jared Allen is concerned.
    • Bidding ridiculous amounts of money on Transitioned players to be a douche.
    • Talking openly about private conversations regarding personnel moves, and generally trying to make other GMs look like a douche. Newsflash - this makes you a douche.
    • No really, everyone has commented that PMs stay private, but Buffalo doesn't play by those rules. This makes him a douche.
    • Openly mocking the signings of other players makes you look like - you guessed it - a douche.
    • Engaging in a blood feud with a Viking doesn't make you a douche - but it does make you an idiot.
    • Constantly citing Pro Football Focus as the be-all end-all of player evaulation. We get it dude. You paid the money for a subscription.

Because of these transgressions, I'm creating this thread with the sole purpose of advertising which players that the Buffalo GM has bid on. This should serve as a handy reference for those of you interested in poaching his targets - and believe me when I say this, I have 16 million reasons to be there with you.

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Updated.

3. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    so what you're saying is to bid on Chad Rhinehart?

The **** kinda name is Chad anyway?

4. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Jackson, Ochocinco ect...

5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    hanging

6. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    hanging chad of course, i didn't mean to get any of you kkk members excited.

7. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Damn, had the robe all ready.

Paul 13 likes this.
  8. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    my robe is yellow, that means I'm a wizard right?

9. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    pope

10. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Lesson learned here. What was that comment about Rob Konrad back in the day. Couldn't block his way out of a paper bag. VO couldn't analyze his way out of a paper bag. Greg Toler gives me a nice 3 man rotation and allows me to kick Josh Wilson into the slot when he comes on in nickel/dime. Which even in this depressed corner market......he got $5 million a year from the Colts. Bargain for a guy who only allowed 41.5% of passes to be caught in his area for a 51.5QBR.

Reinhart is nowhere NEAR a comp pick. Anyone can see that before I even bid on him. What I see is that I got millions left and nowhere to spend em. Millions that just go to waste in this league. So yup I'll gladly pay $2.2 million for a very good backup guard who should be starting and signed a 1 year prove it deal with the Chargers cause he knows he'll get paid the following year.

Overpaid a little for Donald Thomas but there wasn't many run blocking guys out there which I was targeting. Indy paid him $3.5 million a year...I got him at $4.2. Not a huge overpay and should still be a Dolphin till this day. Better then John Jerry and we've never solved that RG spot since he was tossed.

Oh and how bout that Levitre. Right now he's tied for 3rd biggest deal with Cliff Avril. and barely behind the unexpected overpay of Welker. So I'll probably see a 4th out of that since Wallace will probably sit alone as the lonesome 3rd unless GIK decides to pay out the max 4 3rds that are allowed under comp formula's. So yes...nice extra pick.

Your goal...........failure on all levels.

Paul 13 likes this.