1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grading' the draft By Dr Z

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/04/28/draft.roundup/index.html

Following is my evaluation of the 2008 NFL draft, based on personal preference of various teams. Usually I use letter grades, but that system is now in the garbage because of what Peter King wrote about how nonsensical it is. I hate nonsense.

My Numero Uno

Miami Dolphins: I like this because the character of the drafter was reflected in the picks. It was a Man's draft, make that He-Man. Big guys. Serious. Top guy on the board, Jake Long, stands 6-7 and weighs 315. The defensive end, Phillip Merling, is not what you'd call a nimble-footed pass rusher. He likes to stack 'em up at the point. A two-gapper. Oh yes, he's 6-4½, 275. The QB, drafted with Miami's second pick in the second round, Chad Henne, is 226. He's got a gun. I mean for an arm. I assume he'll challenge for the job, or something more sinister. The average of the nine chaps selected is 6-3, 274. My kind of draft, boy.