1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Jason Taylor trade scenario, likely or no?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Okay, the draft has come and gone and JT is still a member of the Miami Dolphins. However, all signs point to him not being on the roster come opening day. So, while driving to work this morning, and listening to my favorite radio station (Sirius NFL Radio) a Redskins' fan called in and mentioned his team. He liked how they drafted in the second round (namely 2 WR's and a TE, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly and Fred Davis) but didn't like the fact that they didn't address the defensive line. His thinking was that the 'Skins may make a move for Jason Taylor. Certainly makes sense for them to do so, especially since they now have a glut of wide receivers who are being paid a lot of money. Antwaan Randle El supposedly wants out, but my eyes are on Santana Moss to upgrade our WR group.

So, how about Santana Moss and a conditional pick in 2009 for Jason Taylor? The conditional pick could be as low as a 4th or as high as a 2nd??

brandon27 likes this.
  2. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    How about we stop all the posts suggesting we trade JT and let's bring back the Man of the Year to help us turn this ship around and dominate on defense again?

3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Might want to inform Wayne Huizenga of that then... just saying...

4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The Redskins trading for Jason Taylor could be a possibility, but no way do they give up Santana Moss for him.

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The Skins are a power running team forst and foremost. I could def see them dealing Moss if they get a great offer including JT. They let Brandon Llyod go and drafted Devin Thomas to get younger at that position.

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA

Not a bad idea in my opinion. I think its becoming quite obvious that JT wants out, so before it becomes a locker room problem we need to deal with this. Im not sure if they would want to give up santana moss for him though. They did pick up two more receivers though, so who knows. I guess anything is possible.

7. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I still feel a straight up trade of JT for Chad Johnson makes the most sense. They make about the same salary. Chad lives in Miami, and I don't think he would have any issues in coming here. JT might not want to go to Cincy, but the Bengals are a team that has a decent shot at the playoffs. Chad is 30 years old and had 93 receptions. I think JT has 2-3 years left as he keeps himself in great shape. I think we could use a veteran WR and deep threat....something we haven't had since Chambers was dealt away. Like him or hate him, Chad gets it done on the field.