1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Shoulder to Cry On

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Starry31, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    After doing pretty well in my league and gaining the first seed with a 10-4 record, I head into the playoffs optimistic. Sure, I lost in the championship game last season but this is my year. Win the first playoff game and I'm feeling good. I lose the championship game by 0.68; that's not even a full point!

[​IMG]

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Hookers

3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    You know what'll make you feel MUCH better?! Go back over your games and look for any passes dropped or plays called back due to penalties. Perhaps there's a 7 yard run somewhere nullified by the offense accepting a defensive offsides. :lol:

4. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh, I already know some of those. DeMarco Murray fumbled, see ya two points. McFadden had a TD called back on a penalty. Cleveland scored pretty late to knock my Denver Defense down a tier. And my opponent had Reggie Bush, who totally stepped out of bounds on that one TD. Funny thing is I had Miami's D from last week in lineup and changed it early in the week, but must not have saved it. I check it late Saturday and go oh, better change to Denver's D. Miami had 14 points, Denver 12. But yeah, 7 more yards rushing/receiving and I win. I will get over it eventually, just never really had a game that close, and especially not one for the championship.

Of my four regular season losses, three of those wore lost by a play as well. One game all of our players had played except I had Dez Bryant left. Remember that long TD Romo threw him with seconds remaining, only to be overturned by his hand landing out of bounds? Yeah, that was one loss. Another one we both had all our players done but I had Pittsburgh's Defense; without much time left I needed a pick six to win so didn't think it was possible. Oh wait, what's this? An interception?! He's running it back, oh my gosh, he's at the five!... he's going... get tackled at the damn two yard line. Another loss. I can't remember what the other one was but similar last second situation. Exciting season, but like the Dolphins, too much heartbreak.