1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFO's over Denver

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Fishweiser, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Lol. It looks like flies in front of the camera to me.

3. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I saw this yesterday and am quite puzzled why some are enthralled with these videos.

4. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Of course, that's exactly what they want you to believe.........

:shifty:

Fin D likes this.
  5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The aviation expert they called in apparently told them specifically that it was not a bug. I've seen pictures of those rods that were proven to be film related optical illusions. That was what I expected when I saw the quick motions, but there seemed to be more shape and dimension to the object than I would expect from an optical illusion.

6. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    It is sort of interesting. The only thing is, if they were of any size moving at those speeds, there would be sonic booms heard left and right.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You ever look out into the night sky, man?

....you ever look out into the night sky... ON WEED?

[​IMG]

Perfectly good explanation

SICK and Fishweiser like this.
  8. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Ha,ha!!

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Why would an aviation expert be the definitive voice about if it was a bug or not?

Regardless, i saw nothing in the video to suggest it wasn't a bug or some tiny debris directly in front of the camera. The speed, the size, the movements all point to tiny objects near the lens rather than spaceships in the sky.

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Generally aviation experts study how flight is achieved in all it's forms, including bugs. Also, I never said it was the definitive voice. However, I can say that I would put more stock in his opinion that it was not a bug than in yours that it was. Not only is his knowledge more likely to include information about how bugs fly, but he also is more likely to have spent more time analyzing the film and had a cleaner version. For those reasons it is perfectly relevant to point out that the aviation expert specifically stated that it was not a bug.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    There's 1000's of flying bugs. They do not study them all and in every region. There is literally nothing about being an aviation expert that qualifies him to declare its not a bug or tiny debris. Hell it could be a bug getting blown around by slight wind. Seriously, what makes more sense: a bug or debris blowing in the wind up close or some random never before seen phenomenon that has characteristics of moving faster the eye can see with turns impossible by today's technology?

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Aviation experts do study how bugs fly. That alone makes him imminently more qualified than you saying "looks like a bug or flying debris to me". As to what is actually in the film, I don't know. This is not an either/or choice meaning it's either a bug or an invading alien race. There are myriad other possibilities. All I am saying that somebody with a great deal more information than you specifically disagreed with your guess.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    There's just no way he would lie about something like this for a little attention and a paycheck. Experts never lie, right? This news "story" could have used a lot more sources.

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think its a big leap to think this aviation expert has studied every insects flight patterns to the point he can even 75% rule out its not a bug from such a grainy, lo-res video.

15. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think it's a bigger leap to think your opinion is based on more information than his.

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You know nothing about his credentials or training. He could just be the guy that flies the news helicopter. He could be just a remote control plane enthusiast. Hell, as an atheist, i could be a certified minister, doesn't make me an expert on religion.

17. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Actually I had googled his credentials when I first saw this thread and your speculation is incorrect. His background is fairly extensive. I see no reason why anybody would listen to your "looks like a bug to me" speculation over his opinion.