1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the bible know about Obama getting re-elected?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I was searching the internet for prophesies and came across some interesting things.
    I found a youtube video from august of this year about the king james bible being used to predict Obama's re-election.
    I can't post links but I will tell you the title of the youtube video. "President Obama reelected in Nov. 2012? Bible prophecy and code"
    That video led me to the creator of the video's website. which is:
    www.revelation13.net
    I am just learning about this guy so I would advise caution to christians as he uses other things that IMO aren't christian, like astrology, nastradomus, movies, paintings, and all sorts of things like that. I am more interested in the bible code stuff but I find all of it interesting.
    I know a lot about the bible code in the original greek and hebrew bible. This is the first I've heard of with the bible code with the king james version. This guy may have discovered that, I'm not sure. He has found a lot of interesting so-called prophesies appearing as bible code in the King James version of the bible. Like I said, use caution, but he finds things like who the anti-christ is, earth quakes in california, Obama's reelection, black holes being created, aliens. All sorts of crazy things, coupled with other methods that I mentioned earlier.
    If you get a chance to check it out, let me know what you think and we can discuss it.
    If anyone thinks I believe in all of it, you would be wrong. I do believe in the bible code though, but I have some doubts about it holding true with the King James version.
    I just thought it would be interesting to share this info and discuss it.

2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    anything with the bible and code is bogus to me. Why would God create cryptography for future events?

Silverphin, Ohiophinphan and MrClean like this.
  3. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Because he's awesome like that. I can't deny it when there is several words in a passage of scripture that relate to a certain event with specific names and events of stuff that's already happened, and even stuff in our time. What are the chances of that? I don't believe all of it, I really believe the ones that have all those related words through codes, plus it goes along with the actual scripture. I specially believe the codes found in greek and hebrew, but I am contemplating given the king james version a chance. Looks like it was right about Obama. It had code in a small passage of Obama's name twice, along with eight years, and something else. Have you seen the youtube video of it?
    IMO it speaks to the soveriegnty(wish I had spell-check) of God.

4. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I used to read about a lot of this stuff. It doesn't make any sense. Hey I'm going to tell you your future with some breakable code. Is God a fan of cheap spy novels now?

5. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    The History Channel needs something to fill up it's programming.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Will say if one reads the Scripture enough one does have a sort of impression that there is something underneath it all.

Sorry RNI, but "nastradamus"?

You type in Alabamian?

:lol:

7. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    lol. My bad. That should tell you that I don't put much importance in his predictions. They are to vague IMO and from the little I know about him, I have reason to believe his prophesies aren't from God. They could have evil inspired truths in his predictions. I am just weary of any predictions or prophesies that I don't believe are inspired by God.
    Like psychics, I think they get their info about the past from demons, then they just make up a future that people try to make happen. That's just my personal opinion.

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fair enough RNI, this is sort of, my take as well.

LOTS of people try to use a faith to gather power unto themselves be it through a faith in the seen or unseen.

9. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    How much do you know about how the codes are found? I have heard of codes in other books like you are referring to, even in the book, Moby Dick.
    It pale's in comparison to the bible codes in the original God inspired Word of God. IMO opinion people wasted a lot of time finding codes in other books just to say, "the bible code isn't real". They could have just said that with out wasting all that time since they thought that anyway.

10. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    What's your stance on the bible code? And have you checked out the youtube video and/or the website I mentioned?
    I found the Obama reelection very interesting, then it led me to all kinds of crazy things from that website. Like I said, I am only interested in the King James bible code, since that was new to me. I feel like I have to at least give that part of it a chance since it was right about Obama. I think I will keep my eye out on it and see what else happens.

11. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    What? You aren't making any sense. I've read about the bible code. What to you makes it so special?

MrClean likes this.
  12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I read another book of fables, written by a fellow named Aesop, and another book of fairy tales written by some brothers named Grimm. I wonder if they have codes too?

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ahh, Mr C, ever watch Space Balls?

14. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Space Balls predicted the future with the line "****, even in the future nothing works."

No truer line has ever been spoken.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Of course it did
    [​IMG]

SICK likes this.
  16. MrClean

Not that I can recall. Should I?

17. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

First of all to suggest a code in a translation (King James Bible) as the fellow in the video does is to my way of thinking just silly. I had a very politically conservative fellow come to me years ago and ask who might be able to translate the Bible in to Spanish? I asked why since there are a number of good Spanish translations? No, he replied he wanted someone who could translate the King James into modern Spanish! My jaw hit the floor and I asked him why he would want to translate a 400 year old English language Bible into a third language and not start from the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts?

Even the thought of "code" in the original texts gives me pause. I mean first of all, the Bible is meant to be read clearly. The first heresies were about gnosticism, that is secret knowledge. Mainline Christianity proclaims Jesus as clearly knowable through scripture. To think one needs "secret knowledge" would be a 180 degree turn around.

Another problem exists with the thought of a code that is rarely spoken about. We have no copies of the Bible or any book of the Bible as it left the author's hands. Scholars have always known that textual variants exist throughout scripture. Are they vital in telling the story of the mighty acts of God? No. We can know God's intents and desires even with a question about a specific wording in a line. However cyrptography would require a precise text with words in a precise order and both sides having exact knowledge of the same text. We do not have anything like that. To me that puts any talk about a Biblical "code" into the realm of whimsy.

btw, RNI, thanks for lifting up that YouTube. He is an odd fellow!?

resnor likes this.
  18. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Yeah he is a very strange fellow. His website has some off the wall stuff. He found Natalie Holloway with many words related to her and that event in the same passage in his king james bible code software. That one is probably more of a stretch because it was found in a giant passage of scripture through numeral consecutive books of the bible. So I have doubts about that one. I like the codes that are found in smaller passages.
    He thinks Putin is the Anti-christ. He goes over my head with some of his methods that I don't believe in. He puts together quite a case for believing Putin is the anti-christ, with his bible code, astrology, numbers like many 666's related to Putin's life and events involving Putin. He relates him, things he's done, and things he plans to do and he relates them to prophesy in the bible and things in revelations. Kind of makes you scratch your head. lol
    Like I said, I don't agree with a lot of what he says, specially most of his methods. But I find the king james bible code intriging. I didn't think it was possible with a translation, or any translation of the bible that can be wrong in many ways.
    I do believe in the bible code with the original text. God tells us to search his Word many times. God speaks of the depth of his Word, secrets and things along those lines. No particular scripture comes to mind, but I know I can find some to justify an idea of something like the bible code being real. One verse that comes to mind is jer 33:3 "call unto me and I will show you great unsearchable things that you do not know". Things like that make me think that whoever first discovered the bible code could have just had a divine revelation in searching God's word. Like I said earlier, I think it shows that God is soverign, he is in control, and that everthing happens for a reason. It brings validity to the Word of God to those that doubt it. It's very interesting to me. If it was just a couple of vague coincidences, I wouldn't believe in it. But if you can take a passage of scripture and find coded words with letters in the word being the same amount of letters apart, and find several words, some that cross each other and are all related to an event that already happened. It's all throughout the bible. That would be way too many coincidences. It even has the Lord's name Yaweh (hope I spelled that right) throughout the entire bible the same amount of letters apart. That's one of the things I remember when I first researched the greek and hebrew bible code many years ago.
    All I can say is that I am convinced about the bible code in the original greek and Hebrew. I believe it gives God glory. I just have doubts about the king james bible code. If its true and accurate, maybe it speaks to that version being translated the way it should be. Its something I plan on researching further and finding the truth for my own peace of mind. I will see if someone more sane knows about it, and I might get that software and see what I can discover. I just wonder if some crazy yahoo stumbled upon something real. I think he may have just been smart enough to try a bible code that was already discovered on a different translation. I don't know if he discovered it unless he made that software.
    I don't think its been used much to reveal the future because you have to know what to search for. Its alot easier to find things that have already happened. Even if you find something that relates to something in the future, its still a guess on putting the story together.

19. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

We are going to disagree about this one RHI, and there is no empirical "proof" either way. If it helps your walk, more power to you.

The Church needs to model the ability to agree to disagree without becoming disagreeable otherwise where will the world learn that?

Fin D likes this.
  20. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I agree. We don't pass one Mcdonalds just to go to another one. I wish churches were the same way. I have no problems with different denominations as long as they teach biblical truths, specially when it comes to salvation. Like, no man gets to the Father except through the Son, Jesus Christ.
    Most churches disagree about minute things that have no real eternal value.
    I wish different denominations weren't so divisive. I just believe in what the bible says, I believe in salvation and having a relationship with God. I wish all christians could find that common ground and get along. For the most part they all do, but they have a tendacy to demonize other denominations.
    As far as the bible code goes, it doesn't effect my walk in any way. I think it can be used as a tool to reach out to people that don't believe in the bible. But that can be done in many ways. Archaeologist do a good job in proving the bible is real. The best way, is the introduce Jesus into peoples lives. Without that, the bible is just a book to unbelievers IMO

resnor likes this.
  21. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    My personal opinion...Bible is good, religion is bad. Too many people get caught up in religion, and lose sight of the Bible, and the teachings therein.

Silverphin likes this.
  22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    So what makes Biblical Code any less crazy than "divination" via the bolded terms?

23. MrClean

These two quotes sum up my feelings about religion quite well:
    “Religion is based, I think, primarily and mainly upon fear. It is partly the terror of the unknown and partly, as I have said, the wish to feel that you have a kind of elder brother who will stand by you in all your troubles and disputes....A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage; it does not need a regretful hankering after the past or a fettering of the free intelligence by the words uttered long ago by ignorant men". ~ Bertrand Russell.

"The great unmentionable evil at the center of our culture is monotheism. From a barbaric Bronze Age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions evolved; Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. These are sky-god religions. They are, literally, patriarchal. God is the Omnipotent Father, hence the loathing of women for 2,000 years in those countries afflicted by the sky-god and his earthly male delegates." ~ Gore Vidal