1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN's 30 for 30: Ghosts of Ole Miss

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Colmax, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    This is being played on ESPN tonight on the integration of Ole Miss.

James Meredith was the first black man to become a student at the University of Mississippi. I was very fortunate to have been a student there in '06 when the school unveiled the James Meredith Memorial. We heard a great speech by Mr. Meredith as well as from our own Morgan Freeman. A powerful story that forever changed the landscape of the university and the state for the betterment of our southern culture.

[​IMG]

Fin-Omenal and unluckyluciano like this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    ooooooooo interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Liked the documentary...nice to see a lot of older folks who took part ashamed and remorseful.

4. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

The change in the nation over just my lifetime amazes me. The technological advances are one thing but the attitude changes...... at least for most folks.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  5. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

As one who is White, was born and grew up in the deep South (Georgia), and was raised to believe that we all are equal. Who has lived, played, and worked with Black people all my life I find this more disturbing than I can say. Racisim is not a Southern thing, though it appears to be that way, yet I've found it just as deeply rooted in the North (or West ... if you ask our Native friends).

The truth is that the movement of equality for Blacks and Women started in the South before the war.

Its not a Southern disgrace but a national disgrace IMO.