1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prophesy and Judgement

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Oct 29, 2012.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    When ever I think about natural disasters I can't help but think about God's wrath and judgement. I always search prophesies when things like Hurrican Sandy come to my attention.
    So I did a google search. I can't post links on my crappy phone so I will tell you how to search this and google, hopefully someone will post this link for me. In google search "prophesies on judgemnet on New York" the first link is titled something like Prophesy for America or something like that. its from a worldministry link or something like that. click on that and read these prophesies and let me know what you think. I"ve never heard of this guy and he has prophesied several things before they happened, most notably Katrina and the first 9-11 attack.
    I don't know if any of those prophesies are directly related to Hurricane Sandy, its just an interesting website of prophesy that should spark a lot of conversation if anyone reads all of it.
    Let me know what you guys think if you get a chance to read it. And please post the link for me.

2. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    David Wilkerson Devotions
    Daily Devotions
    Saturday, March 7, 2009
    An urgent message
    I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message to all on our mailing list and to friends and to bishops we have met all over the world.
    An earth-shattering calamity is about to happen. It is going to be so freightening, we are all going to tremble. Even the Godliest among us.
    For ten years I have been warning about a thousand fires coming to New York City. It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires- such as we saw in Watts, Los Angeles, years ago.
    There will be riots and fires in cities worldwide. There will be llooting- including Times Square, New York City. What we are experiencing now is not a reccession, not even a depression. We are under God's wrath. In Psalm 11 it is written:
    "If foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?"
    God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations. He is destroying the secular foundations.
    The prophet Jeremiah pleaded with wicked Isreal, "God is fashioning a calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh, turn back each of you from your evil way, It's hopeless! For we are going to follow our plans, and each of us will act according to the stubborness of his evil heart." (Jeremiah 18:11-12)
    In Psalm 11:6, David warns, "Upon the wicked he will rain snares (coals of fire)...fire...burning wind...will be the portion of their cup." Why? David answered, "Because the Lord is righteous (v.7) This is a righteous judgement- just as in the judgements of Sodom and in Noah's generation.
    What shall the righteous do? What about God's people?
    First, I give you a practical word I received for my own direction. If possible lay in store a thirty day supply of non-perishable food, toiletries and other essentials. In major cities, grocery stores are emptied in an hour at the sign of impending disaster.
    As for spiritual reaction, we have but two options. This is outlined in Psalm 11. We "flee like a bird to a mountain." Or as David says, "He fixed his eyes on the Lord on his throne in Heaven- his eyes beholding, his eyelids testing the sons of men" (v.4) "In the Lord I take refuge" (v.1)
    I will say to my soul: No need to run...no need to hide. This is God's righteous work. I will behold our Lord on his throne, with his eye of tender, loving kindness watching every step I take. Trusting that he will deliver his people even through floods, fires, calamities, tests, trials of all kinds.
    Note: I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off. I have burdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose.
    God bless and keep you,
    In Christ,
    David Wilkerson

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, there have been natural disasters throughout history in order to tie one to the other there usually is a specific warning given, prior to the event, and done so publicly.

This forces the ersatz prophet to prove to be accurate, or a charlatan, one or the other, some open ended statement about dire consequences means very little.

4. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

This is a very tricky topic. Prophesy means speaking on behalf of God. That is what the prophets of old did, "Thus saith the Lord...". Today, however, it has taken on aspects of predicting the future. I wonder if this is actually Biblical prophesy or some kind of half-baked Nostradamus style self-aggrandizment.

Is God happy with the way America is going? That's the question folks are asking isn't it? I would say no but then again, I would think God would say that of any government on the planet. Too often folks who make these pronoucments focus on our lack of sexual morality. Is that disturbing? Sure it is but the Old Testament prophets speak a lot more about economic justice or the lack there of and that is where I would see God looking at us disapprovingly.

The prophets spoke to Israel in specific times and about specific events. To say that it is somehow "code" that then only speaks to us is arrogant and I think some of the folks you are reading Ricky get a little too close to that for my comfort. Are we able to see similar events and actions and then take God's word and apply it again? Of course!

I want to lift a different piece into the discussion however and that is storms themselves. My theological understanding of weather is that our "sin" has spilled over into all of creation and thus creation itself has fallen. That means storms can not always been seen only as an expression of God's wrath but also as an example of human sinfulness and the brokenness that has caused.

Hope everyone is safe. My daughter is in Richmond, VA and had a windy stormy night. I woke up to ice and snow in northwest OH. Lousy conditions here but stuff we deal with every winter. My prayers go out to all the Eastern seaboard.

padre31 likes this.
  5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Other thing is OhioP, and I've seen some of this is, there do exist those who make wild predictions in an attempt to gain control and influence over others as they say this stuff with 100% certainty, whenever what they say does not come to pass they never mention it again, they merely throw out a new one.

With all of the media channels available the options for the Montabank and or Charlatan is tremendous.

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Smh

7. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    It's not God's style to call out specifics dates and times. God gives plenty of warning time in prophecy in the bible, as far as I know he never gave a date or time. He wants people to heed the warning and he always points out that the foretold judgements won't happen if people repent. It's the whole reason for judgement. Prophecy doesn't have to happen, if nothing changes on the reason for the judgment the prophesy will happen if its from God.
    The 2nd post in this thread is too soon to tell if its talking about what's happening now. If we start seeing news stories about the number of fires, and overwhelming reports about people looting and stuff like that then I would say that prophesy is about that.
    They have barely begun to do damage assessment. They are still worried about safety and they are still rescuing people. I've already heard a story about 50 fires.
    I don't know anything about the first person (prophet) in my first post, but I can validate the guy from the second post, David Wilkerson. I've met him and helped him with an event in an auditorian in Birmingham, AL when I was in ministry school. He is a very Godly man. He was the pastor of Times Square Church in New York City. He recently passed away. He never claimed to be a prophet but he was. I would heed the warning of any of his prophesies. Many have came true and the rest will unless people repent.

8. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    A Godly christian filled with God's spirit always knows the voice of God through others. There are crazy people like you are talking about. I don't believe every prophesy. It all depends on the source and if it registers with my spirit.
    David Wilkerson's prophesies should be taken serious if my opinion means anything to you.

9. Ohiophinphan

Wilkerson is certainly a respected Christian figure. Maybe my problem there is calling it "prophesy" I suppose that is a current use yet it always gives me pause when I hear someone use it in that way.

I would disagree with you though about everyone will know God's TRUE voice from a prophet. It seems that Jesus and certainly Paul spoke a great deal about folks following false prophets. In fact contrasting that to Jesus saying the sheep always know the vice of the shepherd has often given me headaches.

10. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I never said everyone. I said Godly people filled with God's spirit. And there are definitely prophets in our day.
    But the bible also says "many will be deceived, even the elect if that were possible" when talking about the anti-christ in the end times.

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I don't think they are crazy, I think they manipulate people for filthy lucre.

Keep in mind RNI, 90% of people have -0- clue what the Scripture actually says, even fewer ever bother to dig into the root Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic meanings of what is being alluded to or even bother to put into context to discern between what is a contemporary prophecy such as "when you see Jerusalem encompassed by enemies flee" and the things in Revelations that had not yet come to pass.

THAT is where they manipulate well meaning, but ill informed believers.

12. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I agree

13. Ohiophinphan

OK, I get your point. My point is those folks are not always easily defined or identified even by themselves. Self delusion is a problem in the Christian community ( and other places as well). I do think there are folks with the spiritual gift to understand and interpret prophecy. Yet even when confronted with someone who seemingly has that gift, I keep my Bible very, very close at hand.

14. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    A lot of prophesies are conditional just like an If-then statements.
    Some people criticize a God that would bring judgement that brings about death. People fail to realize its out of love and its a call to repentence when concerning judgement. These types of prophesy don't have to come true if God's call to repentence is met. And God is justified because the wages of sin is death. Even if innocent people and babies die, we are born into sin. And it rains on the just and unjust, which is what Jesus said when he was questioned about God's judgement.
    And in the case that a prophesy doesn't come true, the person that prophesied didn't lie because the prophesy never came true. It would be considered a lie if there was no repentence and the prophesy didn't come true.
    If I saw a prophesy with specific dates and time for a certain event, my common sense would disregard a prophesy like that. These aren't psychics we're are talking about. Most judgements I have seen in the bible and even in our present time in recent history, usually aren't single events that happen in one day IMO. I would be surprised if what David Wilkerson said happens in one day and one event. He is talking about things like a 1000 fires in a certain area and people looting things from houses and business' ect. IMO. Like I said If that prophesy is about that hurricane time will tell. It has potential IMO. It mentioned winds and fires and riots and looting. If its talking about this current event we will see similar stories like that in news stories over a period of days and weeks IMO. It mentioned the same areas that were affected, so its peaked my interest so far.
    When I saw the hurricane heading for New York my spirit brought that prophesy and others to my attention. Its the reason I started searching for it and started the thread. I think there are similar ones and I don't know if that exact one is the same one I read or heard years ago. I forgot about it and all of a sudden conveniently remembered it when the storm approaced. I knew it was about fires destroying New York before I found it online. I just don't think its a coincidence that I thought about a prophecy about fires when a hurricane was about to hit because I don't correlate hurricanes with fires.
    The interesting thing is I've already heard of 50 different fire stories as a result of this storm so far and they haven't even really begun to do a proper damage assessment.
    Just my 2 cents. But I welcome any discussion.

15. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    definitely and I agree. I think all prophesy should line up with the Word of God. That's the first test it has to pass IMO along with a witness in one's spirit and common sense. lol
    If a prophesy, specially a judgemnt prophesy doesn't line up with God's intent for judgement which is evident in the bible, if there is no call for repentence like what is evident in the bible, and so on, I disregard it immediately.

Ohiophinphan likes this.