1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim Tebow compared to a Kardashian by Dolphins WR

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, Sep 21, 2012.

1. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Bpk likes this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Hartline. Lol.

xphinfanx likes this.
  3. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Well, he had a point.... sort of. Much more is being made of the person than the performance. DamifIknow what it is about the Kardashians. All I have seen is shopping and teen-age anatomy 101. Tebow is being fawned over and castigated because he practices, lives, and is not afraid to proclaim his faith. That I applaud. Some hate it - as if all people of faith should hide it and be ashamed of that part of their personality and life.

Personally - I think that Hartline should concentrate on catching footballs and not making a social/media commentary. That never works out unless you already have a reputation (whether deserved or not - think Dr. Phil) of knowing what in the name of pluperfect purgatory you are talking about in the first place.

Ozzy, dolfan7171 and xphinfanx like this.
  4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Pectorals is about the only thing they may have in common.Otherwise its quite a lame comparison.

xphinfanx likes this.
  5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Funny how they cut off the second part of what Hartline said.
    Ahh well, keeop spinning **** to make a story.

6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Tebow was an elite college football talent.

Kim Kardashian banged some dude on tape and literally parlayed that into a family dynasty.

7. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Hartline, one of my least favorite Dolphin players.

8. Jersey Dolfan

Jersey Dolfan Active Member

Sep 9, 2012
    DOlphins fans - the only fans to get mad anytime a player shows some balls, and the only fans to constantly get bullied in their own stadium. Get over it. Tebow is hyped beyond beleif when he is less than a sub-par quarter back. he only gets to maintain his quasi-QB title b/c of the over-publicity.

surprised some people can fit in football with all their church on sundays. dude can believe what he wants, but Hartline has a good point, these guys have been asked about that non-issue all week, enough about him.

Shamboubou likes this.
  9. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I can see how all the players would get tired of talking about Tim Tebow. He is the media's darling, but really to the players, the guy is a back up quarterback. Plain and simple. Nobody is asking the Jets what they think about Matt Moore, or how Pat Devlin is going to affect the game.

I like Hartline, the comment probably didn't need to be make, but when you are asked about something irrelivant so long it gets annoying. Its like 50 people finding you at work and asking you what you think about Pepperoni pizza in 50 different ways. Sooner or later your just going to be over it.

10. Jersey Dolfan

Jersey Dolfan Active Member

Sep 9, 2012
    very well said.

11. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
    When I initially heard this I thought, "Hartline, you're still an unknown across the league."

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Hmm. Interdasting. So what did Reggie say?

13. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    So if Tim Tebow=Kim K, then Hartline=Kimberly Stewart?

14. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    And Hartline is better at his position than Tebow is at his position. Plus he is more accomplished.

15. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Really?

[​IMG]

I think I know why she's famous, and I don't think it's bc she goes to church.

16. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Not really. Tebow can claim that he's pretty much single-handedly won games. Hartline hasn't done that yet.

17. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I don't know man, I mean the only true talent those girls have is breathing and thats about it. Tebow atleast plays in the NFL.

18. Mk2

Mk2 New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Guys who have accomplished waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than the guy they are dissing should just keep their mouth shut.

19. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Hartline why do you do this.

20. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The first I ever heard of the family was her father Robert Kardashian being OJ Simpson's lawyer during his murder trial.

Anonymous likes this.
  21. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Tebow cannot claim that, AT ALL.

22. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    He can claim a lot more towards it than Brian Hartline can.

23. f. krayzee

f. krayzee New Member

Aug 20, 2012
    that'd only really be a fair comparison if Hartline was getting the column inches Tebow is. and, to be fair, Hartline hasn't pulled off any game winning plays - but then hasn't played so bad that the D has had to bail him out over and over for 58 minutes.

Alex44 likes this.
  24. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I don't care about the column inches. Brian Hartline has no room to say someone else hasn't done much in the nfl.

25. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Sure he does. It's freedom of speech, and the truth.

Two Tacos, Pandarilla and Anonymous like this.
  26. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Is that from Clue Club?

[​IMG]

Amateurs all around me!

27. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    You're right. And I and others have the right to think someone in his position is dumb for saying that.

28. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yes you do.

Can I say Legadu Naanee has done nothing for the Miami Dolphins? I've never played a snap in the NFL but it doesn't invalidate the opinion. Now if he had compared himself to Tebow or elevated himself over him, maybe I could see where you're coming from. What Hartline has or hasn't done as a player has nothing to do with his opinion of what Tebow has done.

Just my two cents.

29. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    This may be the most taken out of context quote of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Hartline said right after that, that Tebow is NOT like Kim Kardashian because he's earned his fame.

The media is a joke.

Two Tacos likes this.
  30. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    It's one nfl player who's done very little basically telling another nfl player that he's done very little.

Not the same as a fan commenting on a player since it's more hypocritical and dumb imo. Not that anyone was confusing Hartline with a genius.

31. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol Wow really? That is awful, but completely unsurprising.

ESPN, the NFL networks, and our local media are all horrendous at their jobs.

They all love turning football coverage into a tmz story.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  32. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Yeah, he was comparing them strictly to say that they are both media darlings and always in the news, then said at least Tebow is famous because he's talented.

I don't usually bash the media, because they are just doing their jobs. But this is a joke.

33. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    "I was stating how plenty of people have done nothing to be on mag covers. Tebow is not one of those people. He's done plenty..."

That's Hartline's tweet.

CrunchTime likes this.
  34. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I don't see how what Hartline has done matters when it comes to his opinion of what Tebow has done. He never said he's done more, how they compare is irrelevant in the context of what was said....

35. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    He has plenty of room

36. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I hate anti-Tebow threads as if really puts me in a tough spot.

I really like Tim Tebow. He's from the beaches area in Jacksonville as am I , I'm a Gators fan and he is truly a wonderful human being however...

He's with the Jets whom I hate more than Nick Saban whom I think should die a slow excrutiating death of gonnorhea!!!

It's a GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR what do I do situation for me :pity:

37. RevRick

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Nope... Defence of the version of king James i, 'The spirits in prison, .. By Samuel Fuller
    A charming little treatise we had to read in seminary about the difference between Roman Catholicism and the various versions of protestantism concerning the existence of purgatory. Believe me, you do not want to delve into this unless you have lots of time, aspirin, and a theological dictionary.
    The only thing that I really learned of lasting use in my life was that phrase - pluperfect purgatory. Other than that, it just reinforced the thoughts I already had accepted as my personal understanding of the life after death. But that is not the goal of this message board.. (Thanks be to God!)

Go Dolphins!

Pandarilla likes this.
  38. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    This is a tad too close to a persecution complex for me. There's a large difference between being open about your faith and shoving it down people's throats. Tebow walks that line and he walks it well. I'm a Tebow fan, because he does a lot of good and simply lets people into his life with regards to his religious beliefs but without that overly critical or judgmental tone that most who are stout religious followers have. Is that a product of good PR by Tebow? Possibly... but the guy has done more good than most people in this world and for that I applaud him.

39. RevRick

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Phrasal Verb: Fawn over

Meaning: Praise someone in an excessive way to get their favour or something from them

cas·ti·gate
       verb (used with object), cas·ti·gat·ed, cas·ti·gat·ing.
    1. to criticize or reprimand severely.
    2. to punish in order to correct.

I don't feel what I wrote about Tebow reflects either adoration or persecution. It reflects that he has some who love him, and some who abhor him for his obvious and unabashed faith, as do most of us who unflinchingly live our lives as followers of Yeshua ha Mashiach.

40. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

How very Christian of you to wish such ill will on Nick Saban the person. :sad: It's one thing to have dislike for him as a coach and in the football sense, but to wish he dies a slow excruciating death from gonorrhea, or anything else for that matter...that's really personal. :pity: