1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** OFFICIAL: Who To Start Thread 2012 **

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Tone_E, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Figured this year we should just consolidate all of these threads into one. :up:

I will start first. My indecision starts with;

Flex Position:
    WR: Eric Decker vs. PIT
    WR: Nate Washington vs. NE

Eric Decker will be a good option for Manning, who has a tendency to focus on WRs, and with extra attention to Demareus Thomas, he may get a lot of looks. He is going up against a PIT defense, and although I dont think they will be as dominant as years past, they are still pretty good.

Nate Washington, again, will be targeted as the No. 1 receiver with Kenny Britt being suspended. Cons; Jake Locker and the NE defense. Now, TEN may find themselves trailing early on, which may force them to pass the ball more than they want, so this could factor in as well.

Normally I try to get a RB in the flex position, but with R.Matthews injured, Decker or Washington it is. Any insight is appreciated.

2. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    That is a tough decision. The titans/patriots game figures to be more of a shoot out then denver/Pitt. Nate Washington was lockers favorite WR when he played last year. On a normal week is say decker but this week I'd probably lean towards Washington.

Ive got my own question for flex spot as well:
    Ben Tate vs Miami
    Steve Johnson vs Jets

Originally I was leaning towards johnson but going up against revis is scaring me off. Houston could be up big and run a lot with Tate especially if foster knee is a little sore. I also heard that Johnsons groin might not be 100%.

Tone_E likes this.
  3. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks.

I think I would still go with Stevie Johnson. He has burned Revis in the past, and the Jets defended him by saying the only reason is because Revis covers half a fied. Well, that won't change likely, and Johnson has the ability to beat Revis. I expect a drop in Revis' game anyway. It is almost inevitable, like Champ Bailey, Nnamdi, etc.

Ben Tate is a secondary RB.

Also, if NYJ offense plays as it did in pre season, BUF will have plenty of offensive snaps for Stevie to beat Revis. Not sure you should go a backup RB over a starting WR - even if Revis is on him.

UCFinfan86 likes this.
  4. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Just read a tweet that Foster got pulled from practice because of knee soreness. Tate may not be looking that bad. Keep an eye on the situation tomorrow.

5. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Ben Tate is the most undervalued player in all of Fantasy Football and is worth a flex start most weeks in a 12+ league unless you a) have Foster or b) are ridiculously loaded with talent at WR and RB. Tate had 7 games of double digit fantasy points last season while sharing the load with Foster. Kubiak knows where his bread is buttered and I have to feel realizes that Tate is actually a more talented athlete than Foster. He will get his touches and he will do things with them. His 5.6 ypc over 175 carries with 5 carries over 20 yards illustrates that.

Stevie in what will be a low scoring grind the clock out affair, with a hurt groin paired up against Revis is too many factors to make him a quality start IMO.

6. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I don't particularly care for starting Titans WRs with Locker as QB but why is the NE defense a con? They're not known for their ability to stop the pass.

As for Decker, I feel he has the most value. Ike Taylor is, statistically, the best corner in the game I don't care what the Bristol, Connecticut hype machine tells you. Thomas is going to be locked down most of the day and Manning will be looking to Stokley, Tamme and Decker. McGahee is gonna get his carries too. But when it comes time for a game breaking play sunday evening it's giong to be Decker making it because who's gonna stop him, Troy "I haven't been good in a season and a half" Polamalu?

Tone_E likes this.
  7. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    The NE defense was lit up in the pass last year, but I'm of the opinion that they will be able to get to the passer a lot better this year, couple that with Ponder and that is where I got the two cons. Last year NE was abysmal against the pass, but had a non existent pass rush. If they improve that even slightly, and they drafted two 1st rounders to accomplish just that, their defense won't be as bad as many suspect. I think NE's true problem this year will be on their OL.

8. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    No Ryan Clark, I'd go with Decker.

9. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    not sure what to do here.

I have a RB and a flex spot open still. The options I have for those spots are

R.Bush
    A Peterson

Bowe
    Blackmon
    Amendola
    Benson

My thoughts are to sit AP this week at let reggie go while making a wr my flex just not sure who. kinda leaning toward Blackmon going against a weak Vikings pass D.

Thought, advice?

10. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    I would say you gotta start bush over AP for this week until AP is back starting. As for WR Bowe is your best player. Its hard to trust a rookie in his first game to produce. Blackmon wouldnt be a terrible choice but I'd probably lean towards Bowe

11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Bush, Amendola(if ppr)

12. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I'm not familiar with a WR named Benson. Are you sure you put down the correct name?

13. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    It is ppr

Im just not fimiliar with Amendola, a little aprehensive about him. Does he get that many targets?

Trowa@ Benson is the RB, Cedric. I just put AP and Bush up there bc I really wasnt considering Benson for my RB spot, or any spot for that matter...just yet

14. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Locker scrambles for 5 seconds and hits Washington for a long pass TD in busted coverage b/c of it. It's a good weak for that IMO.

15. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Decker is the easy choice.

Stevie Johnson routinely does well against Revis.

16. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

17. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    PPR league...

AJ Green vs Cleveland
    Demaryius Thomas @ Atlanta

18. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Torn on vick vs balt or flacco vs philly. Vicks too good to sit but playing an elite d

19. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Figured I'd just put this here instead of making a new topic.
    I'm 0-2 for the first time in probably the history of my Fantasy Leagues.. This is a pretty big money league so i'm not exactly pushing the panic button but getting close..
    My real concern is Larry Fitzgerald; 5 receptions 67 yards for a combined 11 total points.
    Do I sit on him and wait for him to be Fitzgerald again or try to flip him while i still can? I've been contemplating offering him for Eli + one of the guys RB's (Shonn Greene or McGahee). I'm not sure if I should wait it out, if i'm over reacting.. or if my team really just sucks that bad.

heres my team again;

20. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Wait it out. Fitzgerald typically averages about 82 YPC with Skelton starting and 67 with Kolb. You also have to consider that the Pats whole gameplan was to stop fitzgerald by BB's own admission. Im PM'ing you with a move you'll want to make though....

Dont like Greene or McGahee in a PPR.

21. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Adrian peterson vs. SF
    Bowe vs. NO
    A.Brown(rb-giants) vs, panthers

would love to plug in AP bc, well he's AP but Im kinda leaning towards Brown against a panthers team that gives up alot of points to RBs

22. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Bowe or AP. New Orleans secondary has been terrible to say the least so Bowe seems logical. Worried about Brown because even with Nicks and Bradshaw out I fully expect someone unexpected to step up...seems like a good time for players like Ruben Randle and David Wilson to have unexpected good games.

RickyBobby likes this.
  23. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Michael Bush or Ryan Matthews as a flex. Or the next best WR I have; M.Flyod, Decker (dissapointment), Mike Williams, or Nate Washington.

Right now I am starting Bush.

Also, Waiver Wire. I want to pick up Lamar Miller or Daniel Thomas (drafted, just got released). I am leaning towards Lamar Miller, and want to take a chance on my guy before this week's games. I am thinking Lamar Miller will take Thomas' spot, but Thomas played well in his own right. Thomas is also listed as probably for week 3.

24. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    Stevan Ridley @ Baltimore
    or
    Shonn Greene @ Miami

Shonn Greene is projected to do better but thinking I'm gonna start Ridley. Our rush defense has looked great and were in the top 5 while Baltimore has their reputation but so far their rush defense is ranked in the bottom half of the league.

What do you guys think?

25. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I think Stevan Ridley is the better player. Neither has an ideal matchup so my tiebreaker is usually who do I like better in a vacuum?

26. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    I'd go bush.

Tone_E likes this.
  27. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Sit/Start

Start

QB-Romo
    RB-Alfred Morris
    WR-Brandon LaFell
    TE-Brandon Pettigrew

Sit
    QB-Tom Brady
    RB-Adrian Peterson
    WR-Larry Fitzgerald
    TE-Jacob Tamme

edit-Not sure why I even put Defense. Most people run with 1 Defense. I expected more out of Carolina tonight.

28. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Philip Rivers vs. Atlanta
    or
    Andrew Luck vs. Jacksonville?

Right now I'm leaning luck. The way atlanta confused the heck out of Manning this week.. plus I get the feeling SD is going to **** the bed very soon in one of these games

29. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Luck is your best option IMO. Better match up. Even without Grimes Atlanta looked pretty good.

30. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    well, looks like I should have started brown. Oh well I'll ride with AP.

31. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    RB Mike Bush
    RB Doug Martin
    WR Demaryius Thomas

Start 2... PPR League

No idea what to do

32. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Houston has locked up WR fantasy wise. Dallas and the Rams don't have the greatest of run defenses. You must be pretty stacked at WR to have Thomas as a flex option.

305 likes this.
  33. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Starting AJ Green and Julio Jones

34. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Solid core...

Agree with starting Bush and Martin.

35. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Thanks for the feed back!

36. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Got a nice performance from Brown and Bennett thu night...guy I'm playing has Tom Brady. Should I hedge my lead by playing Brandon Lloyd over Jamaal Charles( healthy)??

37. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Agree on Bush and Martin.

I have two of my pay leagues....on league I have Forte/Nicks hurt and the other Maclin/Forte hurt.

So the questions are:
    League One: So in league one I have the option of Hartline vs NYJ or Donald Jones vs Cleveland. Im tentatively starting Jones because I dont think much of Clevelands DB's minus Haden.
    League Two: Mikael Leshoure @ Tennesee in his debut or Dennis Pitta vs New England. Tentatively starting Leshoure...

Thoughts?

38. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Not sure how many snaps LeShoure is going to get. Pitta is going to get at least 12 targets how catchable those balls will be is a whole another question.

39. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Agree with BK, Pitta is the choice despite playing a Defense that sees 2 out of the best 3 TE's in the league everyday in practice.

As far as option 1, you gotta like what You saw with Hartline and Tanny clicking so well despite Brian's injury. Also it's been horribly windy here in Ohio the past 2 days, and Cleveland plays better defense than most ppl think.

40. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    In league #2.

Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne? Ppr league