1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best proof yet that global warming is Bull

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by 2socks, Jul 9, 2012.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    This thread is stupid. Now, excuse me while I quell my manufactured guilt by purchasing carbon credits from Al Gore's carbon credit company.

finyank13, jdang307 and Desides like this.
  3. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    stupid how exactly

4. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    That was sarcastic.

finyank13 and 2socks like this.
  5. Yellow Snowman

Yellow Snowman New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Al Gore invented the internet and global warming. Can't wait for act 3....

6. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Please be rocket cars please be rocket cars

..fueled by corn oil of course I guess

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    stupid because they pretty much state their data is meaningless (not statistically significant). showing a cooling trend over the last 2 thousand years of 0.3 degrees is completely meaningless. For those people who believe that man-made pollution is a significant cause of global warming, the only relevant time scale is the last 100+ years, where that pollution would accelerate global warming.

ToddPhin likes this.
  8. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    its all meaningless. Because global warming is a crock. People want to look at data from 100 years and make claims. Now data from 2000 years is compiled and it is ignored.....seems strange to me

9. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    You haven't even read the case for anthropological global warming have you? How can you claim something is a crock if you don't even know what it is being said?

10. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    the only thing man made is the industry built around exploiting the man made guilt in the first world. Ah, global warming is the cash cow of the modern snake oil salesman.

Now if we wanna make the case for refrigerants and ozone, okay. Dont give me any carbon bull****.

CashInFist and finyank13 like this.
  11. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    no one on either side of the argument can prove or disprove it. WE'll just have to wait another 50 years to see if the theory holds true. But for people to just call it a crock because they have no clue what their talking about and haven't actually looked at the real data is just plain ignorant. The 2000 year old data has very little implication on the theory of man-made global warming.

ToddPhin likes this.
  12. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    This is the weakest and silliest of the arguments against the theory. Yes the poor multi trillion dollar carbon based energy market cannot do anything against the warmer scientists and their vast conspiracy, because they're so well-funded. The "green" market is so much bigger than the "carbon" market, how could they possibly keep up? Poor, poor energy and oil conglomerates.

Daben, Ohio Fanatic and ToddPhin like this.
  13. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    I think we'll know sooner than that. The models will continue to get more precise, the data will continue to grow, and the computers running the models will get more powerful.

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think that regardless if its true or not, is it really such a bad thing to curb pollution and save some trees? Why is that something people want to fight against tooth and nail?

15. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Atlanta
    Americans are getting more green every year. I am against more and more government regulations and taxes to curb something that may or not help.

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    It may or may not help temperature, but it does plenty of things. Smog is bad. Less of it is good. Pollution is bad. Less of it is good.

17. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    The only way it "may not help" is when millions of people (possibly like yourself from the way you make it sound) don't do their darn part to help it.

How are you actually speaking against this? :huh:
    Do you take your trash out?... or do you instead let it build up inside your home where it can rot into a polluted, toxic, mess?

Let me ask you, if you were stuck inside your home for 2 years with no ventilation and no access to medical, would you care less about having plants in it? Would you use aerosol cans and excessive chemicals? Would your stockpile of supplies & necessities be of things that aren't degradable? Would your stockpile be of materials that, when burned, release carcinogenic chemicals and toxic elements like mercury into the air and water that you in turn breathe and ingest? Knowing that you'd have no access to a doctor or hospital, would your store up food that consists of fish heavy in mercury or fruits & veggies loaded in toxic pesticides?

WOW, just wow. Your idea to rebel "going green" b/c it's your way of sticking it to "government regulations and taxes" is just.... wow. Perhaps you already have been stuck in an unventilated house for 2 years. No offense but that's how it comes across.

18. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Well, it's two different aspects:

1) Americans are getting greener every year (at least in the cites) and hopefully that impacts world energy consumption/demand for fossil fuels. very important since we use way-out-of-proportion of world's energy

2) Pollution is getting worse. mostly due to the asian countries that are booming. I think that compensates for #1.

one thing to think about though. We are getting greener because we are outsourcing much of the manufacturing to the asian countries. so it's kind of a transfer of pollution. just have to hope that China starts implementing greener methods someday.

ToddPhin likes this.
  19. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    I have no clue what I am talking about?? Have you looked at the chart. There is nothing to prove!!! There is nothing to wait 50 years for. It is plain as day my friend, but you are choosing to ignore the facts. Global warming conspiracy nuts claim because the temperature has risen 1/2 of 1 degree, that the globe is warming and that man is responsable.

B U L L S H I T

If you take the time to look at the data over 2000 years, not 100 you would already know that the temperature has risen and fallen that plus some several times and man didn't have anything to do with it!!!!