1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B.J. Cunningham Update

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Jul 5, 2012.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hmmm, goes against everything that our locals were reporting ya know, I'm hoping this kid just had to go thru some adjustment phases, dropping balls was not part of his repertoire in college, it shouldn't be in the pros..

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I wouldn't trust that report. At all.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    The locals didn't really say much about BJ Cunningham other than the first few practices

5. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Yep, Not buying it. Only thing I read was that he was dropping passes. Never much more than that.

6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

The report that he was dropping passes or that he played better?

7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Time for Hard Knocks so we get a possible peak for ourselfs.

And that photo of him? What a blank stare anybody home?

JDelenne and Fin D like this.
  8. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    A report from Russ Lande updating the public about one of 'his' guys, which acknowledges reports that we've all heard (Cunningham struggling) and then brings out something nobody has heard (that he performed at a "high level" the rest of the way). Let me put it this way, he was going to find a way to write something positive about B.J. Cunningham.

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

He could have performed high in another way.

10. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Well there's always that, lol.

11. Bjorn

Bjorn Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    Maine
    :ricky:

12. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Don't shoot the messenger... I just saw this and thought I would pass it along. It sounds like Rotoworld took it out of context in the grand scheme of things then.

13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    No, not your fault, and not rotoworld's fault either. I don't think they took anything out of context. But I know for a fact Russ Lande wasn't at any of those practices so immediately I have to question where he got his info from that B.J. Cunningham "performed at a high level" after his initial couple of days of failure. That is not something we've seen even hinted at elsewhere and I wonder if one of the reporters didn't just tell Lande that Cunningham struggled at first but then leveled out, and Lande took a bit of artistic license with that and said "performed at a high level".

UCF FINatic likes this.
  14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We'll know soon enough, either way.

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No worries, those who don't like his game will disregard the report, those who do will take it as a positive.

When the pads come on OTA darlings tend to disappear and real players step up.

16. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Couldn't agree more. Best part is we have Hard Knocks to see bits and pieces for ourselves.

I am so freaking happy that we get to see the team during Hard Knocks!!! I think it is exactly what I need to be awoken once again as a fan. I have been a die hard since I was born, but these last couple years have been tough. I went for feeling absolutely crushed and upset after every loss to just feeling like "eh it happens. At least we will get a better draft pick." I am so tired of that damn mentality. I want to expect to win each game again and while that might not happen for a year or two; I think this show will carry me over until then.

phinfanuk likes this.
  17. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I don't really see Cunningham making the final roster. Assuming the Dolphins keep five receivers on the final roster, it would appear at this time that the three receivers who are most likely to be on the finale roster are Hartline, Bess, and Naanee. That leaves Cunningham battling Ochocinco, Gates, Fuller, Hogan, Matthews, Moore, Pruitt, and Wallace for the two remaining spots on the roster.

I don't expect Ochocinco to make the final roster since I think he has lost more then one step and he just isn't the receiver he was a few years ago. I also would be surprised to see Gates make the roster this season. I think the final two spot will come down to Moore, Pruitt, or Wallace. Cunningham might be offered a position on the practice squad if he shows some promise in the preseason, but if he continues to drop passes, I expect him to be cut well before the final roster is set.

18. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I don't ever remember thinking Orande Gadsden would make the roster either. Let us all wait and see when the pads go on and training camp begins full force.

19. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    To be fair I don't care how guys "perform" in camp. Even rookies. I care that they are starting to understand the system and where they should be on the field, so forth. He will get at least a couple preseason games to show what he can do on the field.

20. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Just makes me want to watch Hard Knocks even more. When does it air? Channel; NFL? Need to think about setting the DVR so I don't miss any.

21. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Starts in early August (I think the 8th or 9th) on the NFL Network.

22. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Cunningham was probably my least favorite of the four rookie receivers the Dolphins brought in. I just don't see any explosiveness there.

I think at this point we have no idea how he's doing or how he's going to do. Camp matters a lot more than OTAs.

23. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    It airs on HBO.

24. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

You don't see BJ making the final roster, based on what? Reports he had some drops in mini camp? I doubt we can count the number of times the mini camp warriors vanish in training camp, and those who didn't do so well turned it on once the real hitting started.

It is actually far too early for any of us to say with any degree of certainty which of these young WRs will make the final roster.

djphinfan, Mcduffie81 and padre31 like this.
  25. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    HBO, on to NFL Network.
    Unless you're lucky enough to live in Canada, then you probably won't get to watch it at all.
    *&#%ing *&#%!

26. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    ckparrothead, I didn't really like the pick either. Especially with a few other talented WRs on the board (specifically McNutt). I am curious as to why you think the Dolphins picked Cunningham. What do you think they saw or liked in him? Also who do you think really liked this kid? Do you think he is a Ireland guy or someone our regional scout liked?

Hopefully you don't mind me picking your brain some lol.

27. west7mile

west7mile New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Honestly this is the first good thing I've heard of any of the young receivers. The person who wanted him was Ken O'Keefe Iowa's offensive coordinator last year now phins receiver coach. For him to want BJ with his former receiver still on the board has got to tell you that mcnutt is more of a project being a former QB converted in to a receiver.

Mcduffie81 likes this.
  28. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonlondon/2507088/profile

Hi. Remember me?! ^

29. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think the new WRs Coach O'Keefe was probably an admirer of Cunningham's. He coached at Iowa and Cunningham did well against them. He's a coachable guy that plays smart and has some size to him.

I think Jeff Ireland preferred Rishard Matthews.

30. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    we got both so it should be a nice competition between players, and evaluators..