Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scientists find "Proof of God" particle

Enough talk...prove it! BigDogsHunt's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,978 Fist Bumps in 4,991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrAstroZoom View Post
    Yup thats part of it for sure....its the whole "creation" debate "of matter out of nothing", etc.

The Higgs boson particle is referred to as the "God particle"; as scientist searching for its existence feel its a key puzzle piece in the scientific explanation of the origin of the universe. (ie. the touch of God - Big Bang).

For any Dan Brown fans its also discussed in Angels and Demon's with CERN and its Large Hadron Collider.

Explained in videos/cartoons: http://www.upi.com/blog/2012/07/03/T...3881341332153/
    BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

The Twisted Spork of Doom Jigsaw: Cherry Tomatoes Champion Atomica Champion Fin D's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    24,720 Fist Bumps in 10,470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmeister3 View Post
    How have you not earned a PhD in quantum mechanical momma jokes?
    Much like Lucky's mom, I'm wracked with apathy and the smell of spit and regret.
    The Awesome Tree is as follows (and is inarguable):
    The Shat > Jack Palance > Samuel L. Jackson > Art Donovan > Bruce Campbell > Snoop Dog > Elvis > Chuck Norris > The Hoff

3. This Member gave Fin D a FIST BUMP for this post:

Canary in a Coal Mine DrAstroZoom's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,062 Fist Bumps in 3,255 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogsHunt View Post
    Yup thats part of it for sure....its the whole "creation" debate "of matter out of nothing", etc.

The Higgs boson particle is referred to as the "God particle"; as scientist searching for its existence feel its a key puzzle piece in the scientific explanation of the origin of the universe. (ie. the touch of God - Big Bang).

For any Dan Brown fans its also discussed in Angels and Demon's with CERN and its Large Hadron Collider.

Explained in videos/cartoons: http://www.upi.com/blog/2012/07/03/T...3881341332153/
    See the quote from page 1 ... the originator of the phrase wasn't really referring to God at all.

5. This Member gave DrAstroZoom a FIST BUMP for this post:

Enough talk...prove it! BigDogsHunt's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,978 Fist Bumps in 4,991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrAstroZoom View Post
    See the quote from page 1 ... the originator of the phrase wasn't really referring to God at all.
    Yup, all about giving mass!

While the originator and scientist dont like the reference, for the layman, it helps them appreciate the concept of "how did it all begin"!!!
    BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)