1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Floyd Staying in Jail

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by slickj101, Jun 14, 2012.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8049602/judge-rules-floyd-mayweather-remain-jail

And now his dad is crying racism on twitter :lol:

Just one more reason I really can't stand him or his family.

2. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I'm sure Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have been informed and are on the case.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Is the ex girlfriend black? If so, then no. They would probably stay as far away as possible from that.

4. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    Well I guess we'll never see Floyd and Manny fight since Floyds body and skill are going to deteriorate.

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Seems like the most convenient excuse.

6. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    I was being facetious.. if a fighter that beats a woman can't hang for 3 months in jail then I really don't know what to say.

7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    All they do in jail is workout.

8. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

We're talking about 3 months!! lmao! Try doing a few years Floyd, and anyone who knows someone thats done some serious time should know that when that person comes out he/she looks years younger. Eat, sleep, workout, relax...what a life

9. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Sounds like.....jail.

He understandably doesn't want to be in general pop (nor should he be there). So this is how it's gonna be.

Love that he wanted to serve out his time under house arrest in his $25 million mansion.

Ozzy likes this.
  10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    He probably could of if his dumbass didn't plead guilty.

11. Ozzy

You can bet he is eating exactly what he wants, when he wants! If he has trouble getting it, he can simply pay a gaurd to bring it for him. I do doubt that he is in population as well but if he was, he'd have every single brother watching his back 24/7...

12. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    The only people I've ever known who enjoy jail are people from prison gangs. Even 3 months sucks.

rafael likes this.
  13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    90 days and he is crying over it?

Tough guy that one.

14. Ozzy

Its not a matter of enjoyment. Its making the best of the time that you are SENTENCED to. With his money, he can live exactly as he did on the outside except the comfort part of being home and the fact that, if he is in solitary confinement, he can only see the sun for an hour a day if he wants it.

He thought he was going to get probation and I guess that backfired on him didn't it? He shoulda got a lawyer to get him off or probation instead of thinking he'd only get a slap on the wrist.

15. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Jail still sucks. Having any amount of your freedom taken away still sucks.
    Not sure what that has to do with what I said but ok.

16. Ozzy

It has to do with what was said by the original post. He's trying to get out on probation. You can buy judges but I guess this one aint biting. He pleaded guilty to something so apparently he didn't think jail would suck that much. He must have changed his mind once he got inside. Where he is at, and I'm sure it's not a maximum risk facility, he can relax for 3 months. He won't hate it much once he starts to adapt...

17. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Again, no jail is jail. I have never heard one person say jail was ok.

18. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    What?

:lol:

19. Ozzy

Dude you sound like you're just arguing to ague. How many times have I said since he has no choice, he can make the best of it. Jail is not THAT bad and especially where he's at, which is Clark County Detention Center. It's not prison. It's a county jail and with his money, it can be like living in a clubhouse! He will be around sentenced inmates that are doing no more than 364 days. Fights are extremely rare because they all want gain time to make their sentence around 10/10.5 months.

So again, he'll be just fine....

20. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    1) no I'm not arguing to argue. I'm just debating. You can't handle it, don't reply back to me.
    2) Again any loss of freedom sucks.
    3) Yes, he can buy some things, but the key word is some things in jail.
    4) Inmates still fight, especially since they often use jail to house those awaiting trial,etc.
    5) He will probably be fine, but either way I have never heard anyone say, jail was just fine or ok.

21. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    you know what I mean stoopid.

22. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    And before anyone thinks/brings it up. I think he should serve his full sentence. He broke the law, he needs to learn to control himself. I agree with the judge here.

23. Ozzy

It's not debating when you preach the same thing over and over (jail sucks, loss of freedom....and add nothing more) and especially after, I've stated that, YES, jail sucks, but once a person is sentenced, he has no choice but to make the best of his time. In almost every reply, I've added explainations as to how and why, he'll be just fine! Not that he will love it!!! I just said doing 3 months aint **** and in a county system, it aint! It just sucks because you have to follow some rules, and you cannot move around like you want at all hours of the night!

I can handle any debate! But you're not debating a thing using the same one liners. Jail sucks. No one likes jail. Jail is jail. Especially when I never once said jail is ok man! He'll love it!!!!

I was in a county system for an extended period in Dade County! Having to sit with unsentenced inmates of all types sucked! Totally! You're in there with the likes of accused murderers and rapists who may never see the streets again! That is the absolute worst place to be! You get tried almost everyday by someone who thinks you may go free, or hates you because you're white, or someone who just goes after the first person he sees because he is freaking nuts! It is a fight for your life not to get jumped on or to catch another charge.

Being a sentenced inmate in a county system is a totally different thing! You're no longer with the accused so everyone has a release date that is not THAT far away. Once sentenced, I did not see one fight! Not one! Everytime an argument started it ended pretty quick because everyone knows their stay could be shorter if they stay out of trouble. You can roam freely during the day. You can go to school or work if you want time to pass quickly. Or you can be out in the yard, play cards, lift weights, play football, or catch or mingle with others. Now there are some systems that require you to either work, go to school or be involved with their church. None of them are hard and all of them make time pass! And if you don't wish to do any requirements, they will throw you in a lockdown cell and you get 15 minutes of phone, and one hour of yard time.

I got into a fight one night and they moved me to another block which was mostly latin and the first thing I smell when I come in was freaking bacon! They don't have ANY bacon in the kitchens (after sentenced, I worked there). I took a mandatory shower, got out and had a BLT sammich! One dude in the cell was a dope boy who had the night gaurds bringing him in all kinds of things from the outside!

So yeah, every person in jail thinks it sucks but being in a county system, which Floyd is, is not THAT BAD.....

Nappy Roots likes this.
  24. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Agree Ozzy. Did a brief time in a county system as well. Easy time. Never done prison time, but ive been told multiple times that if your doing a lot of time it is better. Although I know a couple people doing federal time and thats pretty cake.

Jail and prison suck *** in a lot of ways. But its not as tough as some make it out to be, especially for a brief 90 day sentence. Which is what I did.

Edit: although it felt like a year.

Ozzy likes this.
  25. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    You haven't brought anythign new to the table either so try not to turn this into a self righteous personal attack, thanks.
    Prison still sucks. I have never heard anyone say they enjoyed their ****ing jail stay nor that it was easy. The fact it's not ****ing prison means bull****. Are you honestly telling me, you think it would be cool if someone was like o that ozzy is doing a bid, he's a ****ing ***** for not wanting to be there? I doubt it. Again, any loss of freedom sucks, so either respond to that or just don't respond to me. You are trying to make it sound like I said it was the same as the gulag and its ****ing ridiculious. You admit it's restricted, you admit you got into a fight, yet you are telling me it was cool? Get real.
    And I've known plenty of people in jail. They move people in and out of it alot who are big, scary ****ing people. You know who owns those yards? The prison gangs.

26. Ozzy

WTF man! Not once did I attack you so save that BS! Each reply of mine has grown larger with each reply, and again, you're reading into it as you see fit.

Prison is totally different!
    County lock up while awaiting a trial is the worst possible scenario
    Being sentenced to County time is, by far, the easiest time to do. Floyd's case!
    YES IT ALL SUCKS
    The fight I spoke of happened in an UNSENTENCED CELL! I was being held without bond. Floyd was out on bond.
    They absolutely 100 percent possitively DO NOT mix inmates that are sentenced and unsentenced! If a rapist goes to court at 3 am and is found guilty or cops a plea for prison time, he does not return to where he was! Why? Because if a person just got life without parole is placed in a cell with someone who just got 30 days there is a really good chance that the lifer takes his frustrations out on the person who is going to see the outside world again. Unless the lifer kills him first, which happened in the 70's a lot!
    In Floyd's case, he was sentenced while on bond, which means he spent 0 time with the unsentenced

Floyd pleaded freaking GUILTY man! He dared the judge to sentence him to jail time! She gave it too him.

Lots of big scary people in jail! You're right about that though but they're not looking to shank anyone if they're release date is less than a year away....

27. Ozzy

I did a little more than a brief stint considering it was all county time. Drugs got the best of me back in my youth. BUT going to jail was the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me in my life! That's right! Not because I loved jail but because they offer a few different forms of rehab in Miami Dade County. I did my time and have not as much as had a sip or toke or any time of pain killer other than aspirin ever since. I was headed for death before it...

Nappy Roots likes this.
  28. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    trying to say im argumentative is disrespectful and ****ing insulting. So yes I see it as an attack. I reply to the gist of your posts. Just because you write more and I write less doesn't mean I'm reading only what I want. It's what you say, not how much.

And that's all I've been saying.

And as I said earlier I have no problem with his serving the full term.
    The only thing I am arguing is the attitude that jail is some cake walk. You and I both know it's not.

A lot as you know, are crazy, are repeat offenders, are from gangs, etc. You are telling me that's no big deal? I grew up around those people, I know it's a big deal.

29. Ozzy

Dude, I did not insult anyone! So save that bull****! Get it? I'm not appologizing for some false claim you're making! You started with the BS by saying, you don't like it, don't reply and even though it's smartassed, I'm not offended! As you seem to be getting.

Now you're trying to say that I'm insisting county time is a cake walk. Repeat offenders can be in different places depending on what they're repeating. If you're a repeat offender of strong armed robbery, you will not be seeing a county system for the most part. Gang members will not accept county time if they're trying to get in with their homies! They're mostly all in prison. And if one is lucky enough to do county time, he will be in a place that is a lot more mellow and where gangs do not exist! There is hardly any money to make in a county system. In prison if you work you make like 15 cents a day. In Dade we made 15-20 bucks a week to work or go to school so everyone had plenty of their own stuff. Not much stealing but there were some arguments from the gamblers.

Floyd is in a one man room at night with a locked door that he can't get out of or anyone into. All the inmates there are....

Never once did I see a fight in a sentenced population. The time was the only thing that sucked. Other than losing that part of life in the outside world, it's not

30. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I don't care about your apology. But it is what it is. What I did say was don't start truning it personal by instead of replying back to me, doing the childish ruh ruh you aren't arguing anything ruh ruh. Which you did.
    And no you initiated it by saying I was arguing just to argue. Go back and read.

And again all I said was what you just stated, that being that it was ok. I said it is not ok. But by all means keep arguing even though you've already conceded my point.

31. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    You know what's worse than serving 3 months county time? Being a female and being beat up by a professional boxer.

I personally don't wanna hear any sort of remorse for him. County time sucks? Whatever. I hope it does.

32. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    have you seen that on this thread? I'll answer for you, no.

33. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Re read the first page and read where you decide to jump in. I say yes you were showing some amount of sympathy or remorse.
    Everyone was piling on the woman beater (which is appropriate IMO).

No one wants to hear about 3 months being tough.

34. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    *BUMP*

Not trying to be a dick but c'mon....

35. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I disagreed with the notion that jail wasn't difficult. Not that floyd didn't deserve it. Reread what I posted again.

36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Again you misread me. I've stated a couple of times what it is I'm arguing, and that I'm not arguing that floyd doesn't deserve it. Why don't you quote those and reread it a couple of times.

37. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    We all know 3 months time sucks, it doesn't need to be argued for as being not being ideal. It's supposed to suck. I agree with Ozzy that he has it easy. That's where it ends, plain and simple. There is no need to even bring up the time as being hard unless you feel sympathy.

I'm not trying to harp on you. I guess it struck a nerve with me.

Ozzy likes this.
  38. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Not at all. I saw what was beign posted. I responded to it. I don't care if he stays in jail. He was found guilty, he should stay there as long as needed. He doesn't/shouldn't get special treatment because who he is. I don't think though its something easy to do. I don't care whose doing the time. You are looking too far into my comments.

39. Ozzy

Saying that it seems that you're arguing just to argue is not starting anything. You were being short and repeditive after each one of my explainations as to why. Even though I was saying YES, jail sucks, but where he is at, is something he could do standing on his head. PERIOD! I read today that they're keeping him in solitary confinement which I will now add that, YES, the time he is doing is EASY as hell. He won't see one inmate much less interact with them face to face....

40. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    I don't see the Point of playing the devils advocate about jail time in this sense, but ok. He deserves what he got and more.