Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UCF FINatic's Weight Loss Diary

Fighter of the Nightman Clark Kent's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,717 Fist Bumps in 1,409 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UCF FINatic View Post
    I keep updating my original post with what I have eaten/drank everyday as well as what activities/exercises I have done. I only plan on making a new post This coming Sunday after I weigh in. From that point on I will document my weekly information on the new post.

Thanks for caring though
    Ah OK. Just saw the front page. Was wondering what was going on. Protein totals are really hitting the ****ter huh? lol. Try and keep em up.

2. This Member gave Clark Kent a FIST BUMP for this post:

The Miami Dolphins select UCF FINatic's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,702 Fist Bumps in 1,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
    Ah OK. Just saw the front page. Was wondering what was going on. Protein totals are really hitting the ****ter huh? lol. Try and keep em up.
    Yea, if I don't eat chicken breast for dinner its almost impossible for me to get the 150g. I am having chicken breast for dinner tonight though, so I should be good in that regards. Surprisingly, its actually been harder eating that much protein than it has been eating less calories. Occasionally, I will get to the end of the day and look at my totals and then have like 112g of protein and 1500 calories and its hard finding something with a ton of protein and very little calories. Maybe I should just drink a protein shake at the end of the day if I am in this situation again; I just wasn't sure if this was healthy. Also the myfitnesspal app keeps throwing me off because it says I only need 55g of protein, so I guess psychologically I am unintentionally challenging/questioning the fact that I need "that" much protein. I am assuming that much protein is required to keep me from losing muscle instead of fat? Can you recommend a lower limit to the protein? Like under no circumstance should I be under X grams of protein for the day?

Thanks.
    Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

Former Moderator GridIronKing34's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    12,986 Fist Bumps in 6,358 Posts
    Blog Entries

Up your calories for a 40 mile bike ride day... you'll need the extra energy... I've went on 40-55 mile bike treks in the past and they take its toll on you if you aren't used to that long of a distance.

5. This Member gave GridIronKing34 a FIST BUMP for this post:

I drink your milkshake! Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    11,132 Fist Bumps in 6,037 Posts

Yea, if I don't eat chicken breast for dinner its almost impossible for me to get the 150g. I am having chicken breast for dinner tonight though, so I should be good in that regards. Surprisingly, its actually been harder eating that much protein than it has been eating less calories. Occasionally, I will get to the end of the day and look at my totals and then have like 112g of protein and 1500 calories and its hard finding something with a ton of protein and very little calories. Maybe I should just drink a protein shake at the end of the day if I am in this situation again; I just wasn't sure if this was healthy. Also the myfitnesspal app keeps throwing me off because it says I only need 55g of protein, so I guess psychologically I am unintentionally challenging/questioning the fact that I need "that" much protein. I am assuming that much protein is required to keep me from losing muscle instead of fat? Can you recommend a lower limit to the protein? Like under no circumstance should I be under X grams of protein for the day?

Thanks.
    I did some research on that yesterday. If you are going to drink a protien shake at the evening, drink Casein Protien. Even some places recommend it.

Here is some information on that.

Casein Protein

1. What is casein protein and where does it come from?
    Casein protein, the predominant protein found in milk, is a slow digesting protein that plays a large role in preventing muscle breakdown. Casein protein has also been shown to have the ability to slowly release amino acids which in turn causes a timed release trickle of amino acids into the bloodstream. This release can last up to 7 hours after ingestion.

There are 3 forms of casein protein:

•Calcium Caseinate
    •Micellar Casein
    •Milk Protein Isolate
    Calcium caseinate is the lowest quality among the three forms and is commonly used as a food ingredient. Micellar casein and the casein in milk protein isolate are identical. While micellar casein is 100% casein, milk protein isolate has both micellar protein and whey.

Casein protein is actually the natural, undernatured form of casein that is found in milk. It also makes up 80% of the protein found in milk. The separation process from the milk is called ultrafiltration. This process is done without the use of any chemicals, and it increases the amount of bioactive milk peptides that support immune function along with enhancing muscle growth.

Casein protein also has the ability to form a ball, or gel, in the gut, that provides a constant release of amino acids into the bloodstream. This ability makes casein protein the optimal choice for long lasting anti-catabolic protein.

2. What does casein protein do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?
    Casein protein provides superior muscle feeding growth that is optimal for recovery, and size and strength gains. This is especially important after an intense workout, when your muscles are craving it the most.

Casein protein slowly enters the blood stream, which means it has very little impact on protein synthesis. It does, however, have a powerful effect, in suppressing protein breakdown, which makes it a great muscle-sparing protein.

In some studies, casein protein demonstrated the ability to sustain steady amino acid elevations for up to 7 hours! It also showed a very strong anti-catabolic effect that was not seen nearly as often with the faster digesting whey protein.

Current data has shown time and time again the important role casein protein plays in exercise and weight training!

3. Who would benefit from casein protein and how much should be taken? Are there any side effects or symptoms of deficiency?
    Any bodybuilder or athlete that is looking for a superior, slow-digesting protein source would benefit greatly from a casein protein source. We always recommend to follow the serving directions for whatever certain brand you are taking. That being said, most people generally take 2-3 servings throughout the day, but especially at night.

The reason it is very important to take casein protein at night because that is when your body usually goes the longest without any protein source. Casein protein helps circumvent your body resorting to consuming the protein from your muscles specifically due to it's slow-digestion process.

There have been no reported major side effects to taking casein protein unless you happen to be allergic to it. Also, you obviously do not want to overdose on protein. Your body can really only handle about 30 grams of protein at a time and the rest goes to "waste", if you know what we mean.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Thanks.
    You can change your macros yourself at the mfp website. Go under goals and custom to fix the %'s.

At this point, you're heavy enough/high bf% that protein totals aren't going to really **** you up with muscle loss or anything. But at some point, your body fat will dip into the range (20-24%)
    where hitting that goal is important.

I'd say 130 might be your lower limit... More protein is always for the best (satiety and body composition) when cutting. Don't be afraid to drink a protein shake. There's nothing unhealthy about it. It's just calories and nutrients. Just don't go make shakes your primary source of protein, you'll find yourself hungry quickly.

8. This Member gave Clark Kent a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quick question: If I cook chicken breast in Extra Virgin Olive Oil how would I account for that on my daily diet. Do I just count it as a full serving of olive oil even though I am technically not eating it directly; just the remaining oil on the chicken? Same thing with marinades. Just want to make sure I am not accounting for certain calories that I should be.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quick question: If I cook chicken breast in Extra Virgin Olive Oil how would I account for that on my daily diet. Do I just count it as a full serving of olive oil even though I am technically not eating it directly; just the remaining oil on the chicken? Same thing with marinades. Just want to make sure I am not accounting for certain calories that I should be.
    Count it in full. You'll never overeat calories that way.

11. This Member gave Clark Kent a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Count it in full. You'll never overeat calories that way.
    Alright thanks! That what I ended up doing. What do you cook your chicken in/with in order to "save" calories? I burned 130 on the olive oil.

Former Moderator GridIronKing34's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    12,986 Fist Bumps in 6,358 Posts
    Blog Entries

Alright thanks! That what I ended up doing. What do you cook your chicken in/with in order to "save" calories? I burned 130 on the olive oil.
    I just bake it in the oven... 350 for 35 minutes.

14. This Member gave GridIronKing34 a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    It won't stick to the baking sheet or anything? I'll have to try that, I've always cooked chicken on the stove top lol.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Another thing to note. Randomly yesterday and today I got a sweet taste in my mouth. I have heard this is a sign of ketosis, but is there anything that I need to be worried about?

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Another thing to note. Randomly yesterday and today I got a sweet taste in my mouth. I have heard this is a sign of ketosis, but is there anything that I need to be worried about?
    Keto begins when your body has 100g carbs or less per day over a period of time(glycogen depletion). If you're above this number, you're alright.

18. This Member gave Clark Kent a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    36,511 Fist Bumps in 20,630 Posts
    Blog Entries

If/when you do reach ketosis I'd recommend taking a strong anti oxidant supplement as your body will be releasing free radicals like mad at that point.

Think Vitamin B/E/C and milk thistle, preferably in liquid form, it is very bitter but is the most effective liver detox agent one can take w/o a prescription. In fact a German pharma company has a liver drug based on milk thistle.

20. This Member gave padre31 a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    Just did this tonight, soooo good!!! I kept the lid from Chipotle and then put the chicken and marinade in it and wrapped the top with aluminum foil. Definitely doing this again as it is very easy and makes clean up super fast.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

I should just call this the Chipotle diet seeing as I have eaten there like 3 times this week lol
    Take lots of pictures of you eating chipotle, save your old pants, and get a sponsorship deal out of it like Jared from subway lol.

23. This Member gave Clark Kent a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Update
    Weight Lost in Week 1: 2 pounds
    Starting Weight: 216
    Current Weight: 214

Week 1 Totals:
    Calories: 11936
    Protein: 1001g
    Fat: 382g
    Carbs: 1191g

Week 1 Daily Averages:
    Calories: 1705
    Protein: 143g
    Fat: 54.6g
    Carbs: 170g

Week 1 Exercise Totals:
    Miles Bicycling: 19.2 miles plus a 3 hour bike ride
    Jumping Jacks: 3600
    Push Ups: 420
    Abs Workouts: 32 minutes

Thoughts
    Overall, I was a bit disappointed with only losing 2 pounds this week. I have been working my ass off and have kept my calories very low every day. I don't know what else I can do. The funny thing is I notice a pretty big difference in the mirror. Before I weighted in today I thought for sure it was going to say I lost 3 to 4 pounds. I guess there is a chance that I put on more muscle mass, while losing fat weight (which I would be okay with). If anyone has any thoughts on these results; ie if I need to change something in my diet or workout or just to stick with it feel free to let me know. Again, I would like to take time to really thank Clark Kent, Padre, GIK, Dol-Fan Dupree, Boik14, MonstBlitz, Stringer Bell, Fin-Omenal, lmeister3, and everyone that has helped me out via advice, suggestions, motivation, etc. I couldn't do it without you all.

6/17/12
    Food
    1 Cup Soy Milk
    Body Fortress Chocolate Whey Protein
    Blue Diamond Wasabi and Soy Sauce Almonds
    2 slices of Publix Medium Cheddar Cheese
    Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins
    Publix Chili Lime Hummus
    Publix Chicken Breast
    Diet Mountain Dew
    Teriyaki marinade
    Birds Eye Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn
    Starkist Tuna Salad
    Light Italian Salad Dressing
    Greek Style Lowfat Yogurt
    Exercise
    None
    Day 8 Totals:
    Calories - 1610
    Protein - 135g
    Fat - 70g
    Carbs - 124g
    Notes: I am going to take today off from exercising. I did a lot yesterday and want to let my body heal before tomorrow, when I will hit it hard again.

6/18/12
    Food
    1 Cup Soy Milk
    Oatmeal
    2 Body Fortress Chocolate Whey Protein
    2 slices of Publix Medium Cheddar Cheese
    2 slices of Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread
    Publix Smoked Honey Turkey
    Apple
    Starkist Tuna Salad
    Publix Chicken Breast
    Exercise
    Jumping Jacks: 1250
    Push-ups: 100
    Push-ups on knees: 100
    Baby Burpees: 10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO5Uw...eature=channel. I know that isn't much, but my legs were done by the time I tried them out. I will do more tomorrow, but just wanted to at least try them today.)
    Squats: 50
    8 minute abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc)

Day 9 Totals:
    Calories - 1650
    Protein - 163g
    Fat - 57g
    Carbs - 144g
    Notes: I pushed myself hard today.

6/19/12
    Food
    Natures Own Whole Wheat Bread with One slice of Publix Medium Cheddar cheese and 2 oz of Publix smoked turkey
    Apple
    Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
    Greek Style Lowfat Yogurt
    Exercise
    Jumping Jacks: 500
    Push-ups: 70
    Baby Burpees: 50 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO5Uw...eature=channel)
    Squats: 100
    8 minute abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc)

Day 10 Totals:
    Calories - 1665
    Protein - 131g
    Fat - 64g
    Carbs - 171g
    Notes: I tried to do more exercises than just push ups and jumping jacks.

6/20/12
    Food
    Cabot Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    Natures Own Whole Wheat Bread with One slice of Publix Medium Cheddar cheese and 2 oz of Publix smoked turkey
    Apple
    Chicken Breast Marinaded in Italian Dressing
    1 slice Publix Medium Cheddar Cheese
    2 Body Fortress Chocolate Whey Protein
    1 Cup Soy Milk
    Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla
    Exercise
    4.8 Mile Bicycle ride
    Jumping Jacks: 500
    Push-ups: 50
    Baby Burpees: 50
    Squats: 100
    8 minute abs
    8 minute arms

Day 11 Totals:
    Calories - 1560
    Protein - 158g
    Fat - 57g
    Carbs - 129g
    Notes: Burpees are such a pain in the ass. I do sets of 10 of them and feel gassed when I get to like 8 or 9. I am trying to build up my endurance to do 100 burpees, but it might take a while. The 8 minute arms didn't seem nearly as effective as the 8 minute abs, when I go home this weekend I am going to try to find my weights to use during that video. The diet, or food part, has become easier and easier to maintain. I am still having a hard time keeping the carbs down, but am doing a decent job in my own estimation.

6/21/12
    Food
    Cabot Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    Chicken Breast Marinaded in Teriyaki Dressing
    Salad dressed with Ken's Steakhouse Lite Asian Sesame
    Exercise
    4.8 Mile Bicycle ride
    Jumping Jacks: 550
    Push-ups: 60
    Push-ups on knees: 110
    Baby Burpees: 60
    Squats: 110
    8 minute abs
    8 minute arms

Day 12 Totals:
    Calories - 1235
    Protein - 119g
    Fat - 42g
    Carbs - 113g
    Notes: Yesterdays workout sucked, so I figured I would make it suck even worse by adding another set of everything (except the 8 minute videos). I have a feeling next week I will try to do the 8 minute videos twice. I am still not that big of a fan of the 8 minute arms, mostly because I don't have weights to make the workouts harder on myself.

6/22/12
    Food
    1 Cup Silk Soy Milk
    Natures Own Whole Wheat Bread with Peanut Butter and Jelly
    Publix slice of Medium Cheddar Cheese
    Publix Chili Lime Hummus
    4rivers BBQ (Pulled Pork, Baked Beans, French Fries, Fried Okra)
    Exercise
    Hanky Panky

Day 13 Totals:
    Calories - 980 (minus 4rivers)
    Protein - 63g (minus 4rivers)
    Fat - 59g (minus 4rivers)
    Carbs - 70g (minus 4rivers)
    Notes: It was nice eating real food for once, but I got filled up a lot faster than usual since I have gotten used to eating smaller meals.

6/23/12
    Food
    Leftover 4rivers Barbeque (Pulled pork, french fries, and baked beans)
    Kyoto Chicken Teriyaki Bento Box
    Exercise
    Hanky Panky

Day 14 Totals:
    Calories - ???
    Protein - ???
    Fat - ???
    Carbs - ???
    Notes: I was stuffed beyond belief after eating at Kyoto. I felt sick to my stomach, funny thing is I used to relish the overly full feeling. After eating there I didn't feel good physically, mentally, and emotionally. I began to miss my usual diet today.

25. This Member gave UCF FINatic a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Update
    Weight Lost in Week 1: 2 pounds
    Starting Weight: 216
    Current Weight: 214

Week 1 Totals:
    Calories: 11936
    Protein: 1001g
    Fat: 382g
    Carbs: 1191g

Week 1 Daily Averages:
    Calories: 1705
    Protein: 143g
    Fat: 54.6g
    Carbs: 170g

Week 1 Exercise Totals:
    Miles Bicycling: 19.2 miles plus a 3 hour bike ride
    Jumping Jacks: 3600
    Push Ups: 420
    Abs Workouts: 32 minutes

Thoughts
    Overall, I was a bit disappointed with only losing 2 pounds this week. I have been working my ass off and have kept my calories very low every day. I don't know what else I can do. The funny thing is I notice a pretty big difference in the mirror. Before I weighted in today I thought for sure it was going to say I lost 3 to 4 pounds. I guess there is a chance that I put on more muscle mass, while losing fat weight (which I would be okay with). If anyone has any thoughts on these results; ie if I need to change something in my diet or workout or just to stick with it feel free to let me know. Again, I would like to take time to really thank Clark Kent, Padre, GIK, Dol-Fan Dupree, Boik14, MonstBlitz, Stringer Bell, Fin-Omenal, lmeister3, and everyone that has helped me out via advice, suggestions, motivation, etc. I couldn't do it without you all.

6/17/12
    Food
    Exercise
    Day 1 Totals:
    Calories -
    Protein - g
    Fat - g
    Carbs - g
    Notes: I am going to take today off from exercising. I did a lot yesterday and want to let my body heal before tomorrow, when I will hit it hard again.
    My thoughts? Perfect... I have your maintenance at roughly (as I said, they're all estimates and trial and error with consistency is the only way to find out the exact number) 2800 kcal. You're eating about 1000 calorie deficit (looks like 1700 or so for the week). Roughly 3500 cals = 1lb of fat. 2lbs is looking about right. Remember, fat loss isn't necessarily linear too. I've lost 1.5lbs one week and 4 the next and 2 the following (on my official weigh in day). Stick to your numbers and exercise routine and KNOW and understand it's working. Weight shifts because of fat loss, water, glycogen, etc... If you can, try to get two weigh ins on back to back days. Might be best.

Before I get to my next point, I just want to say, be patient. The metaphor for the story of the tortoise and the hare applies to fat loss significantly. As I mentioned in my other thread, one of the biggest reasons people fail at their long term weight goals is because they do dumb **** without understanding/caring about the consequences. They try to lose all their fat as soon as possible and it's simply not sustainable from a hormonal standpoint. Hormones > Willpower all day, every day, every way. Slow and steady is smarter in the long run.

That being said, you've noted in your logs that the 1600-1700 calorie range didn't seem so bad. Let's knock down the calories there and make that you're new maximum. 1700kcal.

1,700 calories
    150p = 600kcal
    60f = 540kcal
    140c = 560kcal

Do your exercises, hit your macros and calories to the best of your ability, and continue onward with success.

27. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to Clark Kent for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    36,511 Fist Bumps in 20,630 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good keeping up with that UCF, but keep in mind protein is digested slowly and requires a lot of water to process.

29. This Member gave padre31 a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

My thoughts? Perfect... I have your maintenance at roughly (as I said, they're all estimates and trial and error with consistency is the only way to find out the exact number) 2800 kcal. You're eating about 1000 calorie deficit (looks like 1700 or so for the week). Roughly 3500 cals = 1lb of fat. 2lbs is looking about right. Remember, fat loss isn't necessarily linear too. I've lost 1.5lbs one week and 4 the next and 2 the following (on my official weigh in day). Stick to your numbers and exercise routine and KNOW and understand it's working. Weight shifts because of fat loss, water, glycogen, etc... If you can, try to get two weigh ins on back to back days. Might be best.
    I do know its working and I already feel a better about myself and how I look. I plan to stick this out. My goal is to get to the 170 or 165 range, no matter how long it takes me to get there. The biggest surprise to me was looking at my body in the mirror, I don't look nearly as fat as I used to just one week ago. Just by looking in the mirror you would "think" I lost about 4 pounds, that's why I was so surprised I guess. All in all, I lost weight and feel better about myself so I am happy. Like you always say, "Eating Right (Calorie Deficit) + Time = Weight Loss."

I guess the advantages to weighing in on back to back days is to get a more accurate indication of your "true" weight? Not sure, I will be able to make it to the store today, but I will try to plan for this in the future. I know Padre also suggested weighing myself more than just once per week, so maybe I will weight myself bi-weekly. Once on Sunday and again on Wednesday afternoon.

Before I get to my next point, I just want to say, be patient. The metaphor for the story of the tortoise and the hare applies to fat loss significantly. As I mentioned in my other thread, one of the biggest reasons people fail at their long term weight goals is because they do dumb **** without understanding/caring about the consequences. They try to lose all their fat as soon as possible and it's simply not sustainable from a hormonal standpoint. Hormones > Willpower all day, every day, every way. Slow and steady is smarter in the long run.

That being said, you've noted in your logs that the 1600-1700 calorie range didn't seem so bad. Let's knock down the calories there and make that you're new maximum. 1700kcal.

1,700 calories
    150p = 600kcal
    60f = 540kcal
    140c = 560kcal

Do your exercises, hit your macros and calories to the best of your ability, and continue onward with success.
    I can do that easily, especially considering last week I averaged just 1705 calories per day. One thing I will probably have to do in order to adjust to the new macros and calories is have two protein shakes a day. They are good on two accounts; they have very few calories and a lot of protein. I will most likely have one protein shake in the mornings around 8:30 AM and the other one around 7:00 PM. That being said, I am going to have the hardest time cutting my carbs down to 140g. There were days I would be over the 200g mark in carbs last week and I ended up averaging about 170g of carbs per day. Bye, Bye Clif Bars and their 41g of carbs lol.

One question I do have is, are there limits to my macros? Like what is the bare minimum I should get for each macro and what is the absolute most that I should have? I just am asking this because sometimes I go a little over certain macro "limits" and I feel bad with myself, like I have failed or something. Here is what I do know (underlined = what I know, italicized = unknown):

Calories: Hard limit at 1,700

Protein:
    Lower Limit: 130g ----- Optimum Amount: 150g ----- Upper Limit: NONE (More protein is never bad)

Fat:
    Lower Limit: ???? ----- Optimum Amount: 60g ----- Upper Limit: ????

Carbs:
    Lower Limit: ???? ----- Optimum Amount: 140g ----- Upper Limit: ????

Thank you so much for your help!! I am ready for this marathon!! If I keep losing 2 pounds per week its only going to take me 22 more weeks to reach my target weight!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

I do know its working and I already feel a better about myself and how I look. I plan to stick this out. My goal is to get to the 170 or 165 range, no matter how long it takes me to get there. The biggest surprise to me was looking at my body in the mirror, I don't look nearly as fat as I used to just one week ago. Just by looking in the mirror you would "think" I lost about 4 pounds, that's why I was so surprised I guess. All in all, I lost weight and feel better about myself so I am happy. Like you always say, "Eating Right (Calorie Deficit) + Time = Weight Loss."

I guess the advantages to weighing in on back to back days is to get a more accurate indication of your "true" weight? Not sure, I will be able to make it to the store today, but I will try to plan for this in the future. I know Padre also suggested weighing myself more than just once per week, so maybe I will weight myself bi-weekly. Once on Sunday and again on Wednesday afternoon.

I can do that easily, especially considering last week I averaged just 1705 calories per day. One thing I will probably have to do in order to adjust to the new macros and calories is have two protein shakes a day. They are good on two accounts; they have very few calories and a lot of protein. I will most likely have one protein shake in the mornings around 8:30 AM and the other one around 7:00 PM. That being said, I am going to have the hardest time cutting my carbs down to 140g. There were days I would be over the 200g mark in carbs last week and I ended up averaging about 170g of carbs per day. Bye, Bye Clif Bars and their 41g of carbs lol.

One question I do have is, are there limits to my macros? Like what is the bare minimum I should get for each macro and what is the absolute most that I should have? I just am asking this because sometimes I go a little over certain macro "limits" and I feel bad with myself, like I have failed or something. Here is what I do know (underlined = what I know, italicized = unknown):

Calories: Hard limit at 1,700

Protein:
    Lower Limit: 130g ----- Optimum Amount: 150g ----- Upper Limit: NONE (More protein is never bad)

Fat:
    Lower Limit: ???? ----- Optimum Amount: 60g ----- Upper Limit: ????

Carbs:
    Lower Limit: ???? ----- Optimum Amount: 140g ----- Upper Limit: ????

Thank you so much for your help!! I am ready for this marathon!! If I keep losing 2 pounds per week its only going to take me 22 more weeks to reach my target weight!
    You can shuffle carbs and fats occasionally. It's not too big of a deal. Just don't go one week+ straight eating 20g of fat, you know?

32. This Member gave Clark Kent a FIST BUMP for this post: