1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins players making a favorable impression

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, May 28, 2012.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
  2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Sun-Sentinel to readership: "The team really doesn't suck, please give us your money."

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I love love love all the competitions this year.

4. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

haha huh??

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    As a Georgia fan, I'd love to see Rashad Jones succeed, and I think he has the physical ability to be a great safety... but, BOY, he is either a bad interview, or he's dumb as a box of rocks.

Killer Bees and dolfan7171 like this.
  6. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Yeah ever since we drafted him I just liked his instincts and I think now he can start to translate that on to the field and make plays

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Advantage Garrard..

8. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Interesting tidbits :

"Now I see why Green Bay kept five tight ends last season on its 53. Those guys put their lives at risk every snap in Philbin’s offense…."

Jermichael Finley did have trouble staying healthy..... I guess we should expect to roll with at least 4 Tight Ends. Good news for Les Brown ?

"That’s the game the Dolphins are playing with Marshall-Smith, and it was a smart business decision by GM Jeff Ireland. Marshall, who received a three-year, $16 million deal, should drastically improve one important spot on the team (600-plus snaps for a nickel), and provides a starting caliber replacement in case of injury, or a free agent exit. It should also be interesting to see if Nolan Carroll elevates his game after a sophomore slump season in 2011…"

This is why i love the Marshall signing. Smith is on notice. Hopefully Carroll can progress.

"Last season Legedu Naanee was rated by ProFootballfocus.com as the worst receiver (115) of everyone who played 25% or more of their snaps."

Naanee is the forgotten man in this WR battle...... I wouldn't read into that ranking too much as I dont think he was used to his strengths, and got all the low % throws from the rook. He has quite a few advantages over the guys he's competing with. A former ST captain..... very versatile... Norv Turner envisioned him being his F-back. "Asked to evaluate Naanee’s strengths, Turner identified running after the catch and exploiting defenses with simple crossing routes." Sounds like a good fit. While I wouldn't be thrilled if he was to beat out all the younger guys, I wouldn't be surprised either. He's 29 by the way. Gates better step up quick !

on Reshad Jones: "You could tell his instincts are starting to kick in, and the year of experience he gained last season is beginning to pay off."

I sure hope this is true. We're not going anywhere without consistency at the safety spot.

Sure seems that way. Garrards back issues and Tannehills readiness may be the only reasons Moore's still here !

Quite a training camp we have in store !

9. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Geez, Hartline's rated 67th?

Isn't that nearing the equivalent of Mr. Irrelevant?

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

No, in fact, Naanee ranking 115th of all WRs would be a lot closer to Mr. Irrelevant...

11. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Smith is on notice?

Do you think that he's been that bad?

12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Might be understating Tyrell Johnson just a little bit. Similar to Joe Philbin and David Garrard, this is a guy that I have no doubt Kevin Coyle helped pick, specifically with the idea in mind to help his secondary get straightened out. Philbin places a lot of emphasis on the secondary. He admitted that he targeted a secondary coach as defensive coordinator due to league trends. That secondary coach in turn does a lot of work with safeties, reclaiming athletic safeties previously thought to be busts. That's Tyrell Johnson and Chris Clemons more than it is Reshad Jones, IMO.

13. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This Pro Football Focus **** is getting out of control. I'm a fan, but when your opening paragraph of an article is basically posting "Here's someone elses conclusion, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY GOT TO IT" maybe you should rethink your use of this resource. Or for that matter, your career.

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yessir, Garrard was not at OTA's today due to supposedly heading to Jax due to home damage from Beryl.

MMoore being himself, ie a crappy practice player, could be Philbin simply wants the rest of the qb's to get more work as Garrard has shown the staff what he can do. Home damage is handled by contractors, Garrard would not have to be there for that to happen, especially with the shortened vOTA schedule

15. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    He's been under performing....I think its a great motivation tactic........ Yes he's in a contract year, but he'll have to compete with a newcomer before the season even starts. We have two starting quality CBs signed through next year so he's going to have to wow us to get another contract here IMO. I wish him the best ! By no means do I want to throw away another former 2nd rounder. :no: