1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Mom akes in roomate, the "new" America?

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by padre31, May 23, 2012.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Single Mom takes in roomate, the "new" America?

http://news.yahoo.com/in-a-tough-economy--saving-money-with-roommates.html

I like the fact that she is maximizing what she can do, to me this is something Americans tend to be singularly poor at doing. This is somewhat due to approach that emphasizes isolation instead of cooperation.

Thing with roomates is there has to be clear, bright lines concerning responsibilities and rights. That saves a lot of trouble and strife.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Stopped reading at "single mom"

finyank13 likes this.
  3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    That means she is horny stooooooooooopid.....

4. OkiePhin

OkiePhin Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
    They took out a home equity line of cretdit to start a family they couldn't afford. Then with two unhealthy children they separated. I think this is a good example of what not to do. Granted its not all her fault, she is still responsible. Counseling before marriage and being financially fit before starting a family are the lessons to be learned here. Good for her for finding a roomy but its not some spectacular act of genius. From experience here, having a roommate isn't all its cracked up to be.

5. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka

needs license, permit or approval to do just about anything, except, have children.