1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Voting

Discussion in '2012 GM League Forum' started by GridIronKing34, May 6, 2012.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    You are allowed ONE vote for each Best Of Category Award. For the GM of the Year (all GMs who submitted a final roster are eligible), please place a first place vote, a second place vote, and a third place vote. A first place vote is worth three points; a second place vote is worth two points; a third place vote is worth one point. You may vote for yourself in the Best Of Category Awards however you may not vote for yourself for the GM of the Year. A brief (one to two sentence) write-up as to why you made your choices for the GM of the Year award is preferred.

Voting ends on May 11 at 11:59PM EST. The winners will be announced on May 12.​

GM OF THE YEAR
    Baltimore Ravens
    Buffalo Bills
    Carolina Panthers
    Chicago Bears
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Cleveland Browns
    Dallas Cowboys
    Denver Broncos
    Green Bay Packers
    Houston Texans
    Indianapolis Colts
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Kansas City Chiefs
    New England Patriots
    New York Giants
    New York Jets
    Oakland Raiders
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    San Diego Chargers
    San Francisco 49ers
    Seattle Seahawks
    St. Louis Rams
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tennessee Titans
    Washington Redskins

TEAM ON THE RISE NOMINEES
    New York Jets
    Tennessee Titans
    Indianapolis Colts
    Carolina Panthers
    St. Louis Rams

TEAM BUILT FOR NOW
    Baltimore Ravens
    Washington Redskins
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Philadelphia Eagles
    New York Giants

FREE AGENT STEAL OF THE YEAR
    Paul Soliai, $3.2M - Pittsburgh Steelers
    Ladarius Webb, $2.5M & 1.18 (DRAFT) - Oakland Raiders
    Rashean Mathis, $1.5M - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Aaron Ross, $1.1M - Pittsburgh Steelers
    Dwight Lowery, $300K - Pittsburgh Steelers

DRAFT STEAL OF THE YEAR
    Matt Kalil, 1.7 - Kansas City Chiefs
    Mark Barron 1.32 - Tennessee Titans
    AJ Jenkins, 5.151 - Atlanta Falcons
    Ryan Broyles, 4.97 - Jacksonville Jaguars
    DeVier Posey, 6.161 - St. Louis Rams

TRADE OF THE YEAR
    Buffalo Bills/Denver Broncos "Von Miller/Chris Long Trade"
    Indianapolis Colts/Jacksonville Jaguars "Peyton Manning Trade"
    New York Giants/Baltimore Ravens "Haloti Ngata Trade"
    Philadelphia Eagles/Houston Texans "Andre Johnson Trade"
    San Diego Chargers/New England Patriots "Philip Rivers Trade"

BEST IN TRADES
    Buffalo Bills
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    New York Jets
    New York Giants
    Washington Redskins

BEST IN FREE AGENCY
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Dallas Cowboys
    Indianapolis Colts
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    BEST IN DRAFT
    Baltimore Ravens
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Kansas City Chiefs
    New York Jets
    Tennessee Titans
    FEUD OF THE YEAR
    finsbuck719 vs. Vetoed Trades
    GridIronKing34 vs. Boik14/BuckeyeKing
    PSG vs. Chip Kelly suitors
    schisno vs. FA Bidders
    ToddsPhins vs. Moderators

MOST IMPROVED GM
    Big E
    finsbuck719
    Fin-Omenal
    SICK
    Skeet84

ROOKIE GM OF THE YEAR
    Anonymous
    Bdogtitan11
    DevinFin13
    Laces Out
    ToddsPhins

BEST OFFENSE
    Dallas Cowboys
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Kansas City Chiefs
    New England Patriots
    Pittsburgh Steelers

BEST DEFENSE
    Baltimore Ravens
    Buffalo Bills
    New England Patriots
    New York Giants
    Pittsburgh Steelers

BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPONS
    Cleveland Browns
    Dallas Cowboys
    Houston Texans
    New England Patriots
    Philadelphia Eagles

BEST OFFENSIVE LINE
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Cleveland Browns
    Kansas City Chiefs
    New York Jets
    Pittsburgh Steelers

BEST FRONT SEVEN
    Buffalo Bills
    Green Bay Packers
    Houston Texans
    New York Giants
    Philadelphia Eagles

BEST SECONDARY
    New York Jets
    Oakland Raiders
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Tennessee Titans

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    GM of the Year
    1st Place-Boik
    2nd Place-Finsbuck719
    3rd Place-Tractor Traylor
    Honorable mentions-GIK, BDogtitan11, and Sports 24/7

Team on the Rise
    Panthers

Team Built for Now
    Jags

Free Agent Steal of the Year
    Aaron Ross, $1.1M - Pittsburgh Steelers

Draft Steal of the Year-

Trade of the Year
    San Diego Chargers/New England Patriots "Philip Rivers Trade"

Best in Trade
    Bills

Best in FA
    Colts

Best in Draft
    Jets

Feud of the Year
    schisno vs. FA Bidders :shifty:

Most improved GM
    Fin-O

Rookie GM of the Year
    Bdogtitan11

Best Offense
    Patriots

Best Defense
    Steelers

Best Offensive Weapons
    Cowboys

Best Offensive line
    Bengals

Best Front Seven
    Giants

Best Secondary
    Raiders

Fun year lets do it again.

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    First off, its very nice to be nominated in almost every category Im eligible to be nominated for. Thanks to those of you who thought/think enough of my team to consider the Steelers. :ffic:
    Second, apologies to those, I didnt vote for or nominate...theres a lot of good teams out there and I tried to consider the entire body of work for each team...Still, I refuse to vote for myself even where its allowed.

GM of the Year:
    1. NYG
    2. NYJ
    3. Baltimore
    Analysis: Giants improved every weakness. While the OL is still a bit weak, its much better then it was. And the defense now looks great as opposed to just a great DL. Jets did a great job but IMO didnt do enough to address WR to help Sanchez/Smith. Ravens did a great job as well but a couple of his trades bothered me.

Team on the Rise: Indianapolis Colts - Trimmed the fat off the roster and got younger as well as better.

Team Built for Now: Baltimore Ravens - A lot of vets who probably dont have a lot of time left but also a lot of young players who will demand to get paid soon making retention of them harder.

FA Steal of the Year: LaDarius Webb (Oakland) - Well I only had two choices here and I liked this one better so Oakland it is :)

Draft Steal of the Year: AJ Jenkins, 5.151 - Atlanta Falcons - I thought about Broyles as well but since we have no idea how these players will actually turn out, I did this based on where the player was drafted in real life vs where they were drafted here making Jenkins the easy choice.

Trade of the Year: New York Giants/Baltimore Ravens "Haloti Ngata Trade" - There were other more noteworthy trades but when I think of the trade of the year, Im looking for the trade that one team just separates itself from the other team. Loved this for NYG.

Best in Trades: Jets - Didnt really lose one and he made many

Best in FA: Cincinnati Bengals - Did well with his big name signings as well as lesser signings.

Best Draft: Baltimore Ravens - His first four picks absolutely win it for me. Thought about the Jets here too and gave them serious consideration.

Feud of the Year: finsbuck719 vs. Vetoed Trades

Most Improved GM: finsbuck719 - Maybe I just didnt appreciate the job he did last year or maybe he really did improve but I liked this team a lot.

Rookie GM of the Year: ToddsPhins (Barfalo) - This was close...I considered the Jags here too but I thought Todds did more with just as little.

Best Offense: New England Patriots - Thought they did a good job maximizing value in the Brady deal and did well to rebuilt a solid core of weapons.

Best Defense: NYG - Love their D, specifically their DL. Ravens received consideration here also.

Best Weapons: New England Patriots

Best OL: NYJ - This was easy. Only Cleveland received consideration really...

Best Front 7: NYG - Front 4 is so good they dont even need and shouldn't be allowed to have linebackers.

Best Secondary: Tie: Titans and Raiders - Both solid defensive backfields.

4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    GM of the Year: 1. NYG 2. Colts 3. NYJ

Team On The Rise: ...Colts

Free Agent Steal: Paul Soliai (Steelers)

Draft Steal: A.J. Jenkins (Falcons)

Trade of the Year: Ngata Trade

Best In Trades: NYG

Free Agency: Colts

Best In Draft: Ravens. I hate to toot my own horn... but come on, I ripped the top half of my draft.

Feud Of The Year: Schisno vs Bidders

Most Improved GM: Fin-O

Rookie GM: Anonymous

Best Offense: Patriots

Best Defense: NYG

Best Weapons: Pats

Best OL: NYJ

Best Front Seven: NYG

Best Secondary: NYJ.

5. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    GM of the year:
    1. Steelers
    2. Jaguars
    3. Bills

Team on the Rise: Carolina Panthers
    I was looking for the team that had the most young talent at key positions and should be a serious contender in a few years

Team built for now: Washington Redskins
    Redskins have about a 2 year window with the additions of Abraham, Brady, Reed. They have a short window but transformed there team into a playoff contender

Free Agent Steal: Paul Solali, Pittsburgh
    I don't know how he went for less then 8 mill on a fins board

Draft Steal: Ryan Broyles, Jaguars
    Feel like they got a first round talent in the 4th

Trade of the year: Ngata trade
    Feel like this trade single handedly transformed my whole defense

Best in Trade: Jaguars
    Arguably started off with the worst roster + not a top 2 draft choice and he did a great job taking on salary and players people were trying to dump. Could contend for a wildcard spot

Best in Free Agency: Pittsburgh
    Added ALOT of talent and not a premium price. Got alot of starters for only a few mill each

Best in Draft: Jets
    Even though he had alot of picks I feel he made the most of each one

Rookie GM of the year: Todd/Bdog
    I think the jags did the most with the least, but damn Todd did a great job too

Best Offense: Chiefs
    I feel like each of the nominated teams had a weakness, but just LOVE the backfield of Charles and Richardson

Best Defense: Giants
    Didn't want to vote for myself and at first had the Bills and Steelers, but feel like both of their secondaries had holes

Best Offensive Weapons: Cowboys
    Go at least 2 deep at each position

Best Offensive Line: Browns
    Love the addition of DeCastro. Line is solid at all 5 positions with atleast 3 pro bowl possibilities

Best Front 7: Bills/Steelers
    Can't decide between the 2. Both are beastly

Best Secondary: Eagles
    LOVE the addition of Berry to the secondary.

6. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Todd says hello and asked me to post this for him:

GM of year:
    1. Steelers. (Boik was quite meticulous and steadfast about his trades and trades that he used to open up future trades. He took a great team, an aging team, and made it better IMO. I like the methodical approach he took to gradually building the team and depth. It seems as though he best nailed down the goals he started out the GM league with IMO (outside of myself of course :shifty:). He did a phenomenal job of using trades to gradually build his roster while simultaneously reducing his cap space in order to put himself in a position where he could make a dent in FA (where we know he prides himself in), and the dent he made in FA fit perfectly to his needs, all of which seemed preplanned like the sneaky bastard Matt is. lol.)
    2. Giants. (it's difficult to take a SB team [with cap restraints] and make them better, but that's just what UCFfinfan did. Unfortunately I felt Boik took more chances [ones that paid off], so I give Matt the edge.)
    3. Texans. (I think BigE did a solid job of tearing apart a great team and rebuilding it when it would've been easier to remain complacent with the current, successful, Houston roster. Bigs took the most risk, and for that I give him tremendous credit for.)
    Team on the Rise: Colts. (Griddles didn't have a lot to work with, but IMO he did a great job of accomplishing what he set out to do.)
    Team Built for Now: Jags. (The #6 defense combined with a Maurice Jones Drew offense that's been upgraded with Peyton Manning & Reggie Wayne = Win Now.)
    Free Agent Steal of the Year: Steelers, Soliai. ( Like previously mentioned by UCF, I don't know how Boik landed the Samoan for three million on a Dolphins forum b/c I paid five elsewhere, so Matt can just kiss my rear for that one. lol.)
    Draft Steal of the Year: Mark Barron, Titans, Paul. (There are other draft picks that had a greater differential between GM pick and actual pick but IMO that doesn't trump getting a top 7 pick at the end of the first round. )
    Trade of the Year: Ngata. Luckily Silverphin had a great draft etc or else I would've called his mom about this trade. :lol:
    Best in Trades- Buffalo. (I might be the first idiot to vote for himself, but I'm giving myself "first in trades" b/c it took me a while and a lot of trades to gradually build them up to the point of landing Von Miller, Pat Willis, Connor Barwin, Russell Okung, Marcedes Lewis, Jacoby Ford, Greg Little, James Casey, and creating enough cap space to add Calais Campbell at 16.0M and then some.)
    Best in Free Agency- Steelers (IMO Boik did a great job of filling needs and getting good value with his FA moves.)
    Best in Draft- Ravens (barely edged out Schisno IMO. I personally give Silverphin credit for pretty accurately projecting McClellin's draft stock despite his pick of McClellin falling before the actual pick.)
    Feud of the Year- Me vs Mods of course. :D
    Most Improved GM - FinOops
    Rookie GM of the Year - Tough call but I'll go with Bdog for having the nuggets to quickly nail gown Manning.
    Best Offense - Steelers (I like the balance, depth, and improved Oline)
    Best Defense - Tough call for me, but my vote is for the Giants.
    Best Offensive Weapons (RB/WR/TE) - Browns (if McFadden can remain healthy, this skill group is a nightmare for defenses. Would've liked to have seen a better TE, but there's still enough here to get my vote.)
    Best Offensive Line - Jets (by a ball hair)
    Best Front Seven - Toss up between Giants and Bills, but I'll give it to NY b/c they have no question marks at one LB position.
    Best Secondary - Raiders sneak it out.

7. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    GM OF THE YEAR
    1. Cincinnati Bengals
    The Cincinnati Bengals really improved on both offense and defense. Having a player of Alshon Jeffrey's caliber next to AJ Green could be very deadily and it will only help this young offense grow. They did an overhaul on the offensive line giving them one of the best offensive lines in the league. On defense, they added Adrian Clayborn to pair up with Carlos Dunslap then signed Broderick Bunkley as well. Their linebackers could use some work but Rome wasn't built in a day. Pairing up Brent Grimes with Brandon Carr is going to be very scary in Cincinnati and I think the Bengals took a semi-competitive team and turned them into a very competitive team for years to come if Andy Dalton can take the next step.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars
    The Jacksonville Jaguars took a "go big or go home" approach by trading for Peyton Manning and I really like the ballsy move. It gives them more time to develop Blaine Gabbert and Manning can turn chicken crap into chicken salad. However the Jaguars gave Manning weapons such as an old friend in Reggie Wayne, a big target in Malcom Floyd, and a good tight end in Brent Celek. Their offensive line could be very good as well with the addition of Mike Iupati, Jammal Brown, and Brandon Brooks. They added some nice players on defense such as Osi Umenyioia, Justin Smith, Kelvin Sheppard, Asante Samuel, Nate Allen, and Dawan Landry. That Colts GM made a gutsy call by trading Peyton Manning within the division if Manning stays healthy.

3. Carolina Panthers
    The Carolina Panthers didn't make a lot of trades this year and honestly I don't know if they made a single one. I really liked the free agent additions in Cliff Avril and Dashon Goldson, two young playmakers at their respective position. I think the offense additions that the Panthers made were great because they will grow with Cam Newton. Malcolm Floyd is an excellent wide receiver prospect and he'll learn plenty from Steve Smith as wel as make an instant impact. I am also a big fan of the Taylor Thompson addition, while it will take some developing... it may be a top combination in the next few years.

Indianapolis Colts
    I really like what I did so I will give myself a vote; I think I have a lot of young players surrounding Luck that after a year or two, the Colts should be on top of the division... and Ryan Grigson must have been taking notes here because they brought in the Stanford connection in Andrew Luck and Coby Fleener.

TEAM BUILT FOR NOW
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    The Jaguars are in win now mode with Peyton Manning and Blaine Gabbert is certainly the "emergency option" at quarterback that they don't want to use in 2012.

How Paul Soliai went under $8M in free agency on a Dolphins forum is beyond me... complete steal.

DRAFT STEAL OF THE YEAR
    The Titans nabbed a player who went in the top six in the NFL draft at the bottom of the first round... that is a steal; plain and simple.

TRADE OF THE YEAR
    Indianapolis Colts/Jacksonville Jaguars "Peyton Manning Trade"
    This really changed the overall outlook and attitude of the Jaguars; big move without question.

BEST IN TRADES
    New York Giants
    UCFinFan86 always seemed to be on the upper hand of most of his trades that he made. He did a great job of maximizing his assets.

BEST IN FREE AGENCY
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Boik did a very good job in free agency getting players for a very good price such as Paul Soliai, Kendall Langford, Jake Scott, and Dwight Lowery.

BEST IN DRAFT
    New York Jets
    Schisno continued to trade down in the draft and he wound up getting three players (Hightower, Smith, Jones) he drafted in rounds two and three that went in the first round of the NFL Draft.

FEUD OF THE YEAR
    schisno vs. FA Bidders
    I am pretty sure that a few of the other GMs really wanted to see schisno be banned from the GM League with his free agency plan of attack.

MOST IMPROVED GM
    Big E
    I think Big E did a much better job this year than in years past; other than signing Carson Palmer at least.

ROOKIE GM OF THE YEAR
    Bdogtitan11
    Bdogtitan11 did a very good job his first year in the GM League but I was very impressed with how active and knowledgable all the first year GMs were this year.

BEST OFFENSE
    New England Patriots
    The Patriots may have moved on from Tom Brady to Philip Rivers but when you have Julio Jones, Wes Welker, Jerome Simpson, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Hernandez as receiver options? That's scary.

BEST DEFENSE
    New York Giants
    The Giants have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL and are extremely deep at linebacker and in the secondary. They made a good defense even better this year.

BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPONS
    Philadelphia Eagles
    LeSean McCoy, Andre Johnson, and DeSean Jackson? If Brandon Weeden is as NFL-ready as some say he is; he should have no problems in Philadlephia with these three elite playmakers.

BEST OFFENSIVE LINE
    Cincinnati Bengals
    The Bengals added All-Pro guard Carl Nicks and former UNI Panther Chad Rinehart to their offensive line... with Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith already there, it makes up the best offensive line.

BEST FRONT SEVEN
    Buffalo Bills
    Calais Campbell, Marcell Darreus, Kyle Williams, Connor Barwin, Von Miller, and Patrick Willis... it's a no contest in my book.

BEST SECONDARY
    Oakland Raiders
    They Raiders brought back Tyvon Branch to their secondary but they added Cortland Finnegan and Ladarius Webb to the secondary... that's pretty damn good.

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Most improved votes? Wtf was wrong with my Phins last year? Granted Gabbert over Newton was a mistake, but I got you Lesean McCoy and Troy Polomalu!! The defense was a monster!?!?

By the way, Rams beat Colts 10 times out of 10....up and coming??? Pshhh!!

9. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Todd says "I didn't really expect much from him, so for him to exceed my minimal expectations of him was worthy of "Most Improved GM" in my eyes. :D "

unluckyluciano and Fin-Omenal like this.
  10. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    With Tony Sparano as your head coach? You'll be lucky to get one win.

11. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Actually should I even vote on most improved? I wasn't even in last year :lol:. I voted based off last time I played.

12. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Meh... doesn't make much difference to me. Usually people seem to take the Most Improved GM Award as an insult. :lol:

Big E, Fin-Omenal and BuckeyeKing like this.
  13. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    GM OF THE YEAR
    NY Giants

TEAM ON THE RISE
    Carolina Panthers

TEAM BUILT FOR NOW
    Washington Redskins

DRAFT STEAL OF THE YEAR

TRADE OF THE YEAR
    New York Giants/Baltimore Ravens "Haloti Ngata Trade"

BEST IN TRADES
    Buffalo Bills

Best in FA
    Bengals

Best in Draft
    Baltimore Ravens

FEUD OF THE YEAR

MOST IMPROVED GM
    Skeet84

ROOKIE GM OF THE YEAR
    ToddsPhins

BEST OFFENSE
    New England Patriots

BEST DEFENSE
    Buffalo Bills

BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPONS
    Philadelphia Eagles

BEST OFFENSIVE LINE
    Cincinnati Bengals

BEST FRONT SEVEN
    Buffalo Bills

BEST SECONDARY
    Philadelphia Eagles

Vengeful Odin and schisno like this.
  14. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Hmmm, you know I won this the year before. Hard to improve on BEST TEAM EVA!

15. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    GM of the year:
    1. Colts
    2. Steelers
    3. Rams

Team on the rise: Colts

Team built for now: Redskins

FA steal of the year: Lardarius Webb (Raiders)

Draft steal of the year: Mark Barron (Titans)

Trade of the year: "Andre Johnson Trade"

Best in Trades: Jets

Best in FA: Steelers

Best in Draft: Titans (that was a nasty draft. Loved every pick)

Feud of the year: schisno vs FA bidders

Most improved GM: Skeet84

Rookie GM of the year: Anonymous

Best offense: Cowboys

Best defense: Giants

Best offensive weapons: Patriots

Best offensive line: Chiefs

Best front 7: Bills

Best secondary: Eagles

16. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    GM of the Year:
    Ravens- Really liked what he did overall. Though he built a SB team.
    Giants- Thought he did a pretty good job filling in for FA losses and made what was already a great defense even better. Ngata was an enormous get.
    Eagles- Made some great pickups on both offense and defense. Johnson and Jackson are dangerous and will make Weedon's life easy and the upside of guys like McClain, Berry, and Fairly on defense is scary.

Team On The Rise:
    Colts- Andrew Luck makes the majority of this decision, but there were also some other very nice moves in there that should set this team up for a while.

Team Built for now:
    This was really tough. I could have gone with any of my GMOY candidates. I'll say the Ravens.

Free Agent Steal:
    I guess Soliai out of those candidates. He is better than that price tag.

Draft Steal:
    Barron. This was tough for me because it could have easily been Broyles as I feel he's a 1st round WR when healthy. He isn't though (completely at least), so I'll go with Barron, who was the only elite S prospect in the draft and I was badly hoping he'd get to my pick. I realize a couple of those other guys went much higher in the actual draft, but I don't feel they should have, so I'm staying with where I had guys on my board.

Trade of the Year:
    The Ngata trade. This was another tough one because I love what Andre Johnson will bring to the Eagles, and I thought that the Long/Miller trade is a great one for both parties. To me though, Ngata is such a game changer and is going to a team that already has an amazing line. It's going to be impossible to keep that front 4 back.

Best In Trades:
    Giants. I already mentioned why. Ngata mostly, but I liked their other moves too.

Free Agency:
    Bucs. I don't like voting for myself, but I do feel like I had the best FA additions. I overspent on some, but I cleared the room knowing I would need to overspend. At the end of the day I don't think another team added more talent to their roster via free agency than I did and that's why I'm voting for Tampa here.

Best In Draft:
    Ravens. No one had a stellar complete draft, but the Ravens did a nice job at the top. His first 4 picks were all very solid.

Feud Of The Year:
    ToddPhins. This was the only one I noticed, so that's what I'm going with.

Most Improved GM:

Rookie GM:
    Bdogtitan11

Best Offense:
    Steelers

Best Defense:
    Ravens

Best Weapons:
    Eagles

Best OL:
    Steelers

Best Front Seven:
    Giants

Best Secondary:
    Steelers

Vengeful Odin, Boik14 and UCFinfan86 like this.
  17. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    GM of the Year: 1. Jags 2. Rams 3. Bills

Team On The Rise: Rams

Team Built for Now: Jags

Free Agent Steal: Dwight Lowery, $300K - Pittsburgh Steelers

Draft Steal: A.J. Jenkins (Falcons)

Trade of the Year: Phillip Rivers Trade

Best In Trades: Bills

Free Agency: Steelers

Best In Draft: Ravens

Feud Of The Year: don't have a clue

Most Improved GM: Skeet

Rookie GM: myself

Best Offense: Patriots

Best Defense: Giants

Best Weapons: Eagles

Best OL: Browns

Best Front Seven: Giants

Best Secondary: Eagles

18. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I dunno you seem a lot better more so than usual :lol:

19. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Todd: "Well in that case I change my vote of FinO as most improved GM to "worst GM of 2011". :shifty: lol. "

20. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    And also:

"Toddsphins asked me to tell you guys he had a great time in the league, thanks GIK for the invitation, and looks forward to beating everyone's tail next year. :shifty:"

He also said he's "taking applications for designated 2013 GM League posters, so anyone who would like to volunteer for this prestigious honor, please PM him at Mach's site". "Minimum restrictions are: the ability to spell, 24 hour internet access, and must not be less than 3 reprimands away from a permaban." :lol:

Big E and Paul 13 like this.
  21. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Im going to put my vote out tomorrow. And dont want to lobby. But im a little surprised I haven't gotten most improved votes. I thought i did awful with the Rams last year. I mean, down tight terrible. I actually like what I did with the Hawks

22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    You can have ALL mine Napps.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  23. Bdogtitan11

Bdogtitan11 New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    GM of the Year:

1. Tennessee
    2. NYG
    3. Philadelphia
    Analysis: Credit to Tennessee for taking over a limited team midway through and making some good things happen. It’s easy to build with good teams, hard to do what Paul did. Amazing job in a limited time span, I’m glad he wasn’t around the entire years…Giants were spot on this entire year. Good value in every trade, GM did an excellent job of recognizing team needs and improving Super Bowl champ…So many other good GMs (KC, Pitt, IND, NYJ, Oak) but I really liked what Philly did in terms beefing up offense and adding some impact players on D.

Team on the Rise: Tennessee – An excellent draft and good grasp of personnel makes this a no-brainer for me.

Team Built for Now: NYG – Who other than the Super Bowl champs? Their D got significantly better (come on Baltimore, WTF)and I liked the addition of Hilton to an already strong WR group and the rookie TEs.

FA Steal of the Year: Dwight Lowery, Pitt- Ah, the one that got away. This was my one “why did I do that” move. I let Lowery slip through the cracks and didn’t bring him back. Pitt—who dominated free agency—got a fantastic, versatile DB that will be a consistent starter for the league minimum.

Draft Steal of the Year: Mark Barron, Tennessee- Superb value for a very consistent player. Very little bust potential. I would have voted for Trent Richardson though if he were an option.

Trade of the Year: Giants acquiring Nogta. Green Bay had a good one with Cleveland to bolster its front 3, but my fellow UCFer had the steal of all steals with this one. Again I say WTF Baltimore. This move probably won UCFinfan86 the league, IMO…Also, I do want to add that my 1.23 for DE Justin Smith, LG Mikue Iupati and 3.94 could have been in this category too.

Best in Trades: Giants. Tough not to vote for myself here because I feel that I did so much with so little, but I love what the Giants did via trade. Sure, they had pieces to make deals happen, but the GM filled holes and got value with every move.

Best in FA: Pittsburgh. Indy was close, but the Steelers did good on all fronts. Side note: Pitt was 4[SUP]th[/SUP] for my GM of the Year vote.

Best Draft: Baltimore. This was the toughest call so far, but Baltimore rocked it with its first three picks.

Feud of the Year: PSG vs. Chip Kelly suitors. I wasn’t a Kelly suitor, but this one pissed me off the most.

Most Improved GM: NA. This is my first year so I can’t say.

Rookie GM of the Year: Bdogtitan 11- Jacksonville Jaguars. Is it a faux pas to vote for yourself? I think I deserve it. I took a team no one wanted and maximized minimal assets
    while building around my current strengths to take my team to the top of its division. Good chance to flip records (5-11 to 11-5) with this team.

Best Offense: Kansas City Chiefs- Not sure why Eagles aren’t on here, but the Chiefs have an explosive backfield and a solid offensive line. Some serious potential here.

Best Defense: NYG. Tossup between Buffalo and NYG, but I think the Giants are a tad more complete.

Best Weapons: Philly. No brainer here.

Best OL: Cleveland. Very good overall.

Best Front 7: Bills. Giants are cleaning up, so I’ll give the tie to another deserving ROTY candidate.

Best Secondary: Philly.

24. Big E

Big E Plus sized porn star

Nov 29, 2007
    Bloomington, IN.
    Thanks everyone for voting, I dont usually vote, not my thing, but again, thanks everyone who is and did.

25. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    GM OF THE YEAR
    Baltimore Ravens
    Buffalo Bills
    Carolina Panthers 3
    Chicago Bears
    Cincinnati Bengals 2
    Cleveland Browns
    Dallas Cowboys
    Denver Broncos
    Green Bay Packers
    Houston Texans
    Indianapolis Colts
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Kansas City Chiefs
    New England Patriots
    New York Giants
    New York Jets
    Oakland Raiders
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Pittsburgh Steelers 1
    San Diego Chargers
    San Francisco 49ers
    Seattle Seahawks
    St. Louis Rams
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tennessee Titans
    Washington Redskins

New York Jets

TEAM BUILT FOR NOW
    Philadelphia Eagles

DRAFT STEAL OF THE YEAR

TRADE OF THE YEAR
    Philadelphia Eagles/Houston Texans "Andre Johnson Trade" (i think people forget about this due to how early it was

BEST IN TRADES
    New York Jets

BEST IN FREE AGENCY
    Cincinnati Bengals

BEST IN DRAFT
    Baltimore Ravens

FEUD OF THE YEAR

MOST IMPROVED GM
    Fin-Omenal (id vote for myself, but fin-o normally sucks, he was decent this time, like being tallest midget)

ROOKIE GM OF THE YEAR
    Bdogtitan11 (i like todd, but Bdog did awesome)

BEST OFFENSE
    Jacksonville Jaguars (how can i have the best weapons, but not nominated for best offense?!?! lol)

BEST DEFENSE
    Baltimore Ravens

BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPONS
    Philadelphia Eagles

BEST OFFENSIVE LINE
    Cincinnati Bengals

BEST FRONT SEVEN
    Philadelphia Eagles

BEST SECONDARY
    Philadelphia Eagles

Not affraid to vote for myself, i feel i did well, my weapons and secondary are down right nasty. I had a ton of fun, and am glad I did this again. Next year will be good!!

26. Big E

Nov 29, 2007
    Bloomington, IN.
    :up:

27. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I hate u all.

The Phins team i put together last year would've likely won in this "down" year.

U all love *****.

Paul 13 likes this.
  28. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    GM of the Year
    Cleveland Browns
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Team on the Rise
    St Louis Rams: Fin-O helped fix the defence, but not enough of the offence which means this team will be rising longer than the other nominees as he adds more pieces next offseason.

Team Built for Now
    Washington Redskins: You acquire Tom Brady, you better win now, before he retires within the next 3 years.

Ladarius Webb 2.5M & #18: Webb for Shea Mclellin, pretty fair.

Draft Steal of the Year-
    Matt Kalil, 1.7 - KC Chiefs: Keeps the guy that runs your offence up right, elite prospect.

Trade of the Year
    Indianapolis Colts/Jacksonville Jaguars "Peyton Manning Trade" - If it pays off Jaguars become immediate contenders. Most upside of any trade.

Best in Trade
    New York Jets - Mainly gave up late round picks for veterans that should help, also traded back in the draft a lot to get guys that I wanted for maximum value.

Best in FA
    Cincinnati Bengals - Had a good mix of big names, all the way down to guys that will impact the team without the name recognition.

Best in Draft
    New York Jets - Thought I manipulated the draft really well, and still got three 1st rounders outside of the 1st round. Also only 2 of 14 players were undrafted in the real NFL Draft but were a 6th and 7th rounder.

Feud of the Year
    GridIronKing34 vs Boik14/BuckeyeKing - Demanding rules be changed in the middle of FA, threats of not playing next year. A commissioner losing his long snapper at the last minute. It was pure madness.

Most improved GM
    SICK - Should have named him WELL with the improvements this year.

Rookie GM of the Year
    Laces Out - He played the game well, a good communicator and was a pleasure to deal with in trade talks. He made some underrated moves and is a class act through and through as highlighted by being a voice of reason during the FA Rules feud.

Best Offense
    Pittsburgh Steelers - He made his offence deeper than the other teams, if he were to lose a WR or RB to injury they wouldn't miss a beat continuing on.

Best Defense
    Buffalo Bills - Defensive line to linebackers, they should be able to make the opposing offences one dimensional and more predictable.

Best Offensive Weapons
    Cleveland Browns - Especially after what they had to start with.

Best Offensive line
    New York Jets - Very good to elite level players at key positions, veteran depth and versatile lineman with a pretty good price tag.

Best Front Seven
    New York Giants - It starts with Ngata in the middle and is pretty solid/scary to the linebackers.

Best Secondary
    Oakland Raiders - Most well rounded group.

29. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    First off, a hat tip to everyone in the league this year. There's only so many votes to go around, unfortunately.

GM OF THE YEAR
    1. Kansas City Chiefs - Solid in FA, solid in draft, good effort all the way around. The offense is downright scary. A little thin in areas, but overall a team not to be underestimated.
    2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Got better and younger in all areas of need. I'm not super excited about the offense, but the defense should be pretty incredible.
    3. New York Giants - Offensive line is still a work in progress, but the Giants will continue to frighten opposing defenses.
    Honorable Mention: Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets

TEAM ON THE RISE - Indianapolis Colts: Yes, I believe that Andrew Luck will be one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL by 2015. And in today's NFL, that's really all you need.

TEAM BUILT FOR NOW - Philadelphia Eagles: Once Philly solves it's QB controversy they're going to have a short window to make their mark, regardless whether it's Weeden or Cassel under center.

FREE AGENT STEAL OF THE YEAR - Dwight Lowery, $300K - Pittsburgh : By the time I got ready to bid on Lowery he was already gone. An underrated and ascending player at FS that could start for at least 2/3rds of NFL teams.

DRAFT STEAL OF THE YEAR - Mark Barron 1.32 - Tennessee Titans: With the proliferation of the TE and spread offensive concepts in the NFL, a centerfielder safety has developed into a must-have. I hate voting for Paul but I guess I have to.

TRADE OF THE YEAR - Buffalo Bills/Denver Broncos "Von Miller/Chris Long Trade": Mostly because I tried like hell to pry Von Miller away from PSG and failed.

BEST IN TRADES - Jacksonville Jaguars: I loved how ballsy the Jags were, making some big trades and bringing in some familiar names. The deals were for the most part pretty fair and balanced across the board.

BEST IN FREE AGENCY - Pittsburgh Steelers: Any time you are nominated for 3 "Steals of the Year" then you're doing pretty well for yourself.

BEST IN DRAFT - Kansas City Chiefs: Both Matt Kalil and Trent Richardson went way later than they should have. KC picks up 2 impact players and simultaneously solves the LT spot and gives Jamaal Charles a deadly backfield partner. I liked the late round picks as well.

FEUD OF THE YEAR - schisno vs. FA Bidders: Pretty sure that most folks wanted schisno booted out of the league at some point. Hey, I've been there (see Canty, Chris or Khalil, Ryan). I found it entertaining however.

MOST IMPROVED GM - Fin-Omenal: :shifty:

ROOKIE GM OF THE YEAR - Anonymous: I liked what the Jaguars and San Diego did, but I felt like they made a couple mistakes along the way. Trading Phillip Rivers didn't make a lot of sense to me, mostly because I was planning to draft RGIII at 4 overall. (Hey, my name is Vengeful Odin after all.) Trading for Brady is a win, as he's still one of the NFL's top QBs and should mesh well with what Washington has at WR. I love the combination of Fasano and Cook at TE as well.

BEST OFFENSE - Kansas City Chiefs: Seriously. Vick, Charles, Bowe, Baldwin, and Richardson. Guys like Brad Smith, Steve Breaston, and a returning Tony Moaeki should add depth. And, as I'll mention later, the offensive line is suddenly solid. Wow.

BEST DEFENSE - Pittsburgh Steelers: Got younger and better across the board. Both Langford and Solia will solidify the line for the next 5 to 10 years. The secondary continues to be impressive and Keith Brooking will help offset the loss of Harrison.

BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPONS - Philadelphia Eagles: This was a tossup between my team and SICK's. Andre and Fitz is a wash, as is Jackson and Nelson. I give a slight edge to DJ Williams over Ben Watson, and a slight edge to McCoy over McFadden. You win this time, SICK.

BEST OFFENSIVE LINE - New York Jets: Added Trent Williams to an already very good group of lineman. Don't sleep on KC. I think both Rodney Hudson and Jon Asamoah will surprise this year.

BEST FRONT SEVEN - New York Giants: Just disgusting.

BEST SECONDARY - Oakland Raiders: Best CB duo in the league, even with Finnegan's monster contract.

SICK, Tractor Traylor, Big E and 6 others like this.
  30. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    GM of the Year
    1. Boik - such a tight bastard
    2. Todd - such a loose whore
    3. GIK - he had the best writeup.

Team on the Rise
    Indianapolis Colts... Andrew Luck, that's all you need.

Team Built for Now
    NY Giants... Defending SB champs

For the record, don't like any of these choices. But I'll go with Mathis.

Draft Steal of the Year-
    Devier Posey, St Louis Rams... He went in the sixth round here. :lol: But I'm not voting for myself... this time.

Trade of the Year
    Von Miller / Chris Long trade... since i had a hand in it mwahahahaha... right Todd? oh he can't talk now :tongue2:

Best in Trade
    New York Jets

Best in FA
    Pittsburgh Steelers. Some good bargains in there around $1m or so. Bennett, Brown, Ross...

Best in Draft
    KC Chiefs. Kalil and Richardson? Nice draft.

Feud of the Year
    Todd vs Mods... :shifty:

Most improved GM
    FINO? Didn't he win a couple years ago? For some reason I don't remember what he did last year... eh I'll give him a pass. I'll vote for Big E. How could he do worse than last year? :shifty:

Rookie GM of the Year
    Bdogtitan11

Best Offense
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Best Defense
    Buffalo Bills

Best Offensive Weapons
    Patriots

Best Offensive line
    New York Jets

Best Front Seven
    New York Giants

Best Secondary
    Oakland Raiders

31. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    TEAM ON THE RISE---To me this means a team that is on the verge of jumping into the elite class so this eliminates the better teams( Pitt, NE, etc)
    Colts....He won the suck for Luck lotto and added some nice peices along the way.

TEAM BUILT FOR NOW---How is NE not on this list??
    NY Giants-Well they are the defending SB champs and they added some solid players so.

FA STEAL
    Rashean Mathis, $1.5M - Tampa Bay Buccaneers- One of the most underrated players I have ever seen.

DRAFT STEAL
    Mark Barron- a top 10 player who could be a Pro Bowler THIS season.

TRADE OF YEAR
    Philadelphia Eagles/Houston Texans "Andre Johnson Trade"

BEST IN TRADES
    Bills- Look at the defensive talent he acquired, he has 2-3 players on his team that would NEVER be traded on their current teams.

BEST IN FA
    Steelers- Added quality players and used his cap # well.

BEST IN DRAFT
    Titans- Great job on all his early picks.

FUED OF YEAR
    ToddsPhins vs. Moderators-Ultimately led to his demise..and now im friendless.

MOST IMPROVED GM
    Big E- The Texans were in a bad spot financially so he had to make some moves, still a solid job compared to last season...and the season before and the season before that and....

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
    Bdogtitan11- Todd couldve gotten him maybe if his offense was a tad better, but the rookies did very well IMO

BEST DEFENSE
    NE- Look at that front 7...WOW, and some fine DB's as well. Nice job by Skeet.

BEST OFF WEAPONS
    Philly- They all compliment eachother so well that it would be impossible to stop them if they were assembled in real life.

BEST OL
    Rams- Sorry folks but that unit is getting no credit, go look at PFF and see how they all graded.

BEST FRONT SEVEN
    Bills- Like I said that front 7 is insane, one of the best Ive seen in GML history.

BEST SECONDARY
    Philly- Getting Eric Berry was huge, he also has solid depth at this position.

2012 GM OF THE YEAR: This was tough as in years past I think we had some teams that were obviously heads above the rest, not this year. But...here goes.

3. New England Patriots (Skeet) He took the teams biggest weakness and made it a strength (defense) he added quality WR's, yes he traded Tom Brady but getting Philip Rivers certainly softens the blow. Overall I think he did a good job and that is an even better football team.

2. Jacksonville (Bdogiton..or W.E) Didnt like what he did at RB but sometimes you have to break some eggs to make the omlette, fine job adding playmakers and suring up the defense. With such a talentless team he makes a strong case for 1st place here.

And the winner is.................

1.) Philadelphia Eagles (Sick) Coming in he took a team that was full of talent....and improved the talent. Adding Berry to the already solid secondary will make it VERY hard to pass on this team. And thats if Nick Perry and Trent Cole do not sack you first, then you have Rolondo just waitng for you to try and run the ball. On offense he has a rookie QB with some very very good weapons including the best all around RB in football in McCoy. Andy Reid and those guys will no doubt make Brandon Weeden a 1st year pro bowler. Excellent job imo.

BONUS TIME!!!

Division Winners

AFC EAST- Patriots
    AFC NORTH- Steelers
    AFC SOUTH- Jacksonville
    AFC WEST- Kansas City

NFC EAST- Eagles
    NFC NORTH- Lions
    NFC SOUTH- Panthers
    NFC WEST- Rams

--side note-- The AFC NORTH is friggin stacked with beastie teams.

Love ya too.

Paul 13, SICK, Bdogtitan11 and 3 others like this.
  32. Big E

Nov 29, 2007
    Bloomington, IN.
    I didnt play last yr......

33. Bdogtitan11

Bdogtitan11 New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Thanks for the props Fin-O, although I'm not sure what I did (or didn't do) at RB...with Jennings being fully healthy this year, I feel he's a fine compliment to MJD, the NFL's leading rusher.

Big E likes this.
  34. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Wait? I fidnt see MJD on ir roster? You still have him?

35. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    there's a funny punch line here somewhere...

Big E likes this.
  36. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Until McClain misreads and hits the wrong gap, as usual.

37. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    When I get a chance i am going to edit all these posts to ensure I win everything.

Big E, Paul 13, Stitches and 2 others like this.
  38. Bdogtitan11

Bdogtitan11 New Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Sure do, he'll be my starting RB and Jennings will be No. 2.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  39. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    And I can edit your edits though to ensure I win or so you don't win.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  40. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm not gonna lie. I'd be a bit peeved if I didn't get draft of the year.