1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Phinz420, May 3, 2012.

1. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    So we finally have confirmation
    Other details so far....

-3 Factions

-Open World PVP in Cyrodiil

-Possible to "fight for control of the throne"

-No screenshots have been released so far

-They are aiming for a 2013 release on PC & Mac.

-Developed by ZeniMax Online Studios(Owned by same parent company who owns iD, Bethesda). The President of ZOS was a long time Dev with Mythic Entertainment(Dark Age of Camelot).

-The main enemy will be a Daedric prince called Molag Bal, who is attempting to transport all of Tamriel into a demonic realm

http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1224248p1.html

http://www.ign.com/wikis/elder-scrolls-online

dolfan32323 likes this.
  2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    It was only a matter of time.

3. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Sigh. Is this the end of the video games? Suppose you cant fault them theyll make more money with an MMO

4. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    probably won't be as good as the offline modes IMO... thats what makes Elder Scrolls so special.

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I lost all interest when they said it was going to be in third person

6. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Generally all MMO's have first/3rd person options. Just those that play in first person in pvp would be at a disadvantage.

I'm only mildly curious at this point only because the 3 factions bit sounds a lot like DAoC which had the best pvp going. If it has a strong PvP game I might go for it.

7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Exactly. I did the trial of WoW once, and hated all the interaction with human players and that's why I've always loved the Elder Scroll game because they are the closest to a WoW type game without the interaction with other people. I know that makes me anti-social and probably in the minority. Oh well.

8. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I'm with ya. The only sort of MMOish game I ever got addicted to was Guild Wars... partly because you could play it alone if you wanted to.

9. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Almost all modern MMOs allow you to basically solo all the way to the top. My buddy who just got into the new Star Wars MMO is doing just that...he literally hasn't grouped once and he is about to hit max level. I did the same in WoW when I played it, even using a tank class as a warrior. Often times its just a race to the end game to where the cooperative gameplay starts to shine with raids & group dungeons that require more out of the players than simply beating a mob until its dead.

Guild Wars was ok, but the controls in that game were horrendous and there were cookie cutter builds for the popular classes that essentially destroyed the whole depth to picking abilities. Guild Wars 2 looks pretty interesting though, it seems to be more of a mix between what we had in GW and a typical MMORPG's persistent world. The one thing I am wary about with that is the microtransactions.

10. John.Y

John.Y New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I think the interest in MMORPG's lies in playing a game and at the same time feeling that you are connected with other people. I especially fellt it when playing skyrim, it was a lot of fun playing, but you still feel that you are only playing with bots. When I am playing WOW it is different. From the game play i prefer skyrim to WOW, but my Longines still tells me, that I spend much more time playing WOW, because it's like a social activity. A new elder scroll as an MMO, will totally change the online game market.

11. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Anybody else excited for this? As a fan of the Elder Scrolls series and not a fan of mmo's, maybe this gives me an mmo to get into.

I have an extra beta key if anyone wants it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

12. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    If you still have it, I would be interested. If not, that is OK as well.

13. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Check PM. For anyone else interested, curse.com has 500,000 beta keys to give away to members.

dolfan32323 and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  14. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Loving this beta so far, obvious bugs aside. The biggest fear I had as both a TES fan and someone who hates MMO's, was Zenimax making it fell too much like an MMO and less like a TES game. Well it feels very much like a TES game. The combat feels good. I hate the MMO style of mashing number keys to fight. It's dull and stupid in my opinion. Now TESO does have abilities, but only 5 + 1 ultimate ability active at a time so combat is still mostly based on the first person manually controlled swinging and aiming we're all used to.

The main story so far is good. Anyone who plays TES games and knows the lore should be able to get into it easily. I haven't done much crafting, but the crafting system looks very solid, and stays pretty true to the crafting system in Skyrim. Alchhemy, cooking, blacksmith, woodworking, tailoring, and of course enchanting. Another thing this game does a great job at is actually making you want to explore. Making you want to run from one place to the next instead of using fast travel. Never know what kind of loot, skyshards, runes, quests, etc you'll find on the way. In fact, I just found a chest in a ship wreckage on a way to complete another quest which had a letter in it leading me on a treasure hunt which was actually really fun as it had no waypoints and I had to use the clues in the letter to find it.

Oh yea and I'm rolling with a Redguard Dragonknight in the beta. Definitely a 1 hander plus shield tanking setup but I've noticed I've really enjoyed sneaking up on enemies and taking them out with 1 hit. I really enjoyed the stealthy approach to Skyrim as well so I'll probably roll with a dual wield stealth class when the game releases.

The community in game has been awesome, answering questions through zone chats with quickness but we'll see how that goes when it releases as most of us playing the beta are likely hardcore gamers.

I can answer questions if anyone has any. But as of right now, Elder Scrolls fans, have no fear, I think you're going to really enjoy TESO, especially if you're not a huge fan MMO's like me. The biggest question I have at this point is whether or not I'm going to play it on PC or PS4.

15. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    A couple more tidbits from the beta.

Questing. I like the main story. Definitely better than most other MMO's out there which barely have anything even resembling q story. Side quests. Doesn't matter what game it is except for the Witcher games, side quests are always some form of fetch and kill quest. TES games are pretty guilty of this already, but they do make a solid effort to hide it and try to give them some kind of story. TESO is no different. There are some little things thrown in to make some of them interesting, and some of them do have interesting storylines. Some quests offer decisions that have to be made. No idea what kind of effect these decisions have but hopefully Zenimax does something with that. I do know one of the first quests in the main story has decisions to make which do have a big impact on how easy the main mission is to accomplish.

At the end of the day this is, after all, a multiplayer game, and that means one thing to me. PvP. I have yet to experience the PvP, but it's definitely the thing I'm most excited about, and will probably be spending most of my time doing.

While I did say TES fans should be able to enjoy TESO, they need to come in with an open mind, especially if new to MMO's. At the end of the day, this is an MMO afterall, so if you come in expecting Skyrim, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

16. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Have they changed their mind about the $15/month subscription yet? That's the only thing that would get me interested in this game.

17. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Is anyone playing this? I started playing it this week, like it a lot so far, the gameplay is just like the Elder Scrolls games which I like a lot. Haven't had the time to get too far into it though.

18. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Yea I'm a level 20 battle mage in the daggerfall covenant

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

19. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Nice I've only had a very little amount of time to play it, I'm only a lowly level 9 sorcerer but its a lot of fun, I like the combat style and the quests are not too boring or lengthy for a starter. I need a mount though..