1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B+ A- From Nfl analyst Chris Kouffman..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, May 3, 2012.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Seeing that he's to humble to post it himself..he's a member here that goes by CKparrothead.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/...Kouffman/92f9b2c8-ad70-449a-a158-ea16676b8828

Some highlights from the interview..

Thinks we have a future tandem at running back with Lamar Miller and not Bush, not Thomas, but Jonas gray, our rookie free agent from Notre dame, after the fumble at the 1 against south Florida, Kouffman talks about how this kid beasted the rest of the season, averaging bout 7 yards a carry at 5'10 230 lbs for about 800 yards and 12 tds..thinks we really need to play the move right, and I think he means if we try to stash him he ain't gonna last on the P.s.

Thinks that Rishard Matthews is gonna have a bright future for us..talked about being the more diverse receiver between he and Cunningham, the better athlete, better route runner, and just plain stronger to get off that jam at the LOS..

I get from the interview that he loved Brandon Weeden, and liked Ryan Tannehill, talks about too good a skillset, too may intangibles and qb athleticism to fail..Wasn't much else talked about in terms of our new Qb.

He really likes the addition of Mike Egnew, has some serious explosiveness this kid, read somewhere that he retimed Egnews forty time, and is very confident that our new seam buster, at 6'5 252 lbs who has fine hands, ran a 4.48... For which all I got to say is daaaaaaaaaaam..happy happy happy.

Thinks that Lamar Miller has some developing to go on his body, but thinks the kid has a nice ceiling, and if he had to guess, would be our first probowler outside of Tannehill.

This is an analyst that puts in the time to watch a lot of tape, is an up and comer on the draft scene, so an A- is pretty cool..I don't agree with the grade, but it must be respected, because I don't think your gonna find a more objective, thorough opinion, amongst all the draft media.

P.s.. Just wanna give a shout out to the people that run this site...I know it's the best in the business for many different reasons, cool people, cutting edge analysis, friendship, respect, big time personalities, and the fact that y'all keep me laughing and interested all the time..I hope we always have it.:up:

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    His being interviewed skills have improved a lot. Great job CK!

ckparrothead likes this.
  3. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Great interview CK. Best review of the Dolphins draft this year.

ckparrothead likes this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Great interview man! Completely agree on Rishard Matthews. 3rd round pick that fell to the 7th!

ckparrothead likes this.
  5. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i really like jonas gray he was a beast until he tore his ACL

6. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Awesome work Chris!
    Proud to say I knew you from back when.:knucks:

ckparrothead likes this.
  7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    when did he tear his ACL, was it last season?

8. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    cool, good interview.

ckparrothead likes this.
  9. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I don't know if this CK stranger can be trusted :tongue2:

Pandarilla likes this.
  10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    That was a horrible wrestling promo ck!

Paul 13 likes this.
  11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

:yes:

12. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    After the draft I have been watching alot of videos on these players and I have to say without a doubt I feel Lamar Miller is going to be something special! I LOVE the way he sees the field. Check out this video and see what I mean. Hes got excellent BURST and is very nible in traffic deeking people out. What impressed me mostly was that alot of his runs were up the middle and not bouncing outside all the time. He's tough and fast.

Bush, Miller, and Thomas, Gray will make an excellent backfield for us for the next few years.. I imagine Bush will be #1 and Thomas and Miller would be used in packages often.. Two back Miller and Bush... Who you covering??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7dxPzUBoi4

xphinfanx, PhinsRock and rafael like this.
  13. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Skip to about 2:30 for the reverse mentioned in the video.

[video=youtube;1UcLKuGBq0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1UcLKuGBq0s#t=160s[/video]

Pandarilla, gunn34, sws84 and 2 others like this.
  14. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Watching highlights of him is fun. I remember someone saying he has amazing balance, and you can see it as he pinballs from one hit to the next. Also what impresses me is how he seems to shrink when runs into a crowd of defenders as to avoid the hit and then bursts through the hole.

15. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Thank you for finding that. The play just floored me. Usually on plays like that what happens is the receiver kind of reverses field a little bit and then when the defenders all try and reverse with him they find a bunch of blockers mowing them down. In this case he's got two guys overpursuing a little bit but they have him and he has to make a sharp cut inside without losing speed, which he does and leaves them in the dust, then he's got two more guys that actually dive and make contact with him trying to tackle him and he just waltzes right through their tackle attempts, and from there he's got to outrun the big defensive lineman I think that might be Billy Winn, which he does of course. I call that making 5 guys miss.

gunn34 and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  16. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Excellent stuff Chris. I think the interview got better and better. Culminating with the Jonas Gray discussion. Oh and Drayton and Sims >>> Madison and Stradford (i think it was) during the Ireland interview this week.

Anybody else catch the draft grade that Adam Schein gave our Dolphins? An F... And he bases it mostly on Tannehill because he thinks the Dolphins reached. :lol: Just to give the thread an opposite view :tongue2:

Matthews reminds me of Hines Ward...

ckparrothead likes this.
  17. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Penn State WR Roye catches my eye....if he can sneak a couple of cycles of HGH he could become a real force for our WR depleted roster.

18. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    What gets me about this draft is while we are going to be running a west coast offense, I think Sherman and Philbin are creating an offense that tailors to a young QB with all these picks. I imagine were going to be using alot of running plays and short screens in this offense and allow the players to get the yards instead of forcing 30+ yard passes.

I want to see the old T formation come back with 3 RB's in the backfield!!

19. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    lol :)

20. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I hate this line of thinking. By that logic, the Dolphins wouldn't have reached if they'd finished at 10-6 last year and had selected Tannehill with the 23rd pick. Never mind that there wasn't a single player on the board at #8 who could make the type of impact Tannehill could.

I liked CK's breakdown of the draft. Good stuff.

ckparrothead likes this.
  21. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I think we may run more than the Packers do, because our backfield could potentially be much better than theirs, and I believe Philbin and staff worry more about adapting to strengths then putting the square peg in the round hole. This could be our best backfield since Ricky in 2002 imo.

22. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Nov 19, 2011

23. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

HOLY HELLL!!!!

DUDE....Im so psyched for ya CK. Wow. Cant wait to listen to it.....

ckparrothead likes this.
  24. MrClean

Who is Adam Schein?

Actually, I found BJ reminiscent of Hines Wards. I ain't decided who Matthews reminds me of yet. :)

25. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Adam Schein is one of the few NFL radio personalities that I really don't like. He really seems to hate the Dolphins for some reason. He goes out of his way to distort and drama queen any bit of negative press that involves the Fins. He's often on with Rich Gannon and occasionally they really pile on with this type of rhetoric.

Pay no attention. He's really biased.

Paul 13 and MrClean like this.
  26. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    good stuff...your voice sounds somewhat familiar, sort of sounds like Troy Aikman to me

27. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    In one of his interviews you can tell Jeff Ireland really, really WANTED to make a comparison with Rishard Matthews, but he caught himself before he did it. I have no idea who he wanted to compare him to, but if I had to guess someone from Jeff Ireland's past I would say Miles Austin, because of the leg strength.

28. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
  29. MrClean

Thanks. I was just curious. The only sports radio dude I give a sh!t about enough to listen to regularly is Colin Cowherd. All the rest of them blow chunks as far as I'm concerned.

30. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Excellent interview:theman: CK!

this entire Dolphin experience :dolphin:
    has been an A for me, can't wait to get this one into pads

31. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I really like the Fins Radio people to be honest. Jesse Agler is good people, AND he's good at what he does. And he's not a total shill for the team, either. Sam Madison sometimes...he's asking a question and I'm just not even sure what he's asking or what he's saying, he contradicts himself so much. But Troy Drayton and Keith Sims are really good and they ask nice and direct questions, and topical too. The producer kind of asked me real quick beforehand if there was a guy that I liked, didn't like, etc...and Troy was right on it when he asked me about Rishard Matthews. He was either listening or he got the info from the producer, either way the question was pretty seamless.

32. MrClean

I get the same thing with Sam when he is on Finsiders. Always prefer to see Sims and Drayton as the former players with Agler.

33. gandalfin

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    First, I want to mention I really don't like much the NFL Network on television. I don't like most of the personalities very much. Many of them are downright obnoxious and too opinionated even on a station where opinions are obviously important. Now on my birthday last October my wife got me a Sirius radio module for my car and a subscription to NFL Radio, and I have to say it may be the best birthday gift I ever received. The personalities are much more low key (except for Schein), generally quite knowledgable (I like Pat Kirwan, Ross Tucker, Bob Papa just to name a few). They have a lot of callers and at least try to have sensible discussions with them, lot's of player guests, and I thoroughly enjoy listening when I'm driving, which I have to do a lot of.

Just thought I'd pass this on since I really do like NFL radio.

Paul 13 and MrClean like this.
  34. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I like the way CK breaks away from the standard guruspiel most of which is copied from other guruspeil to give us a a completely fresh and optimistic look at our draft.:yes:

Excellent job CK :up:

eltos_lightfoot and ckparrothead like this.
  35. gandalfin

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    BTW I like Cowherd too.

36. MrClean

Excellent review of the Phins draft. Best I've read so far. Would only like to point out you are referring to Martin Rucker as Michael Rucker, who is his older brother, the former Panthers DE.

37. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm fairly certain he's a Jets' fan. Seriously.

38. MrClean

I don't drive enough to get good use of Sirius in my car, but it sounds good if that ever changes. I cheat and listen to The Herd on ESPN News on TV in the morning. Also listen to the Scott Van Pelt Show and to be honest he is a decent sports radio dude as well. So, I guess I should have included him in the same breath as Colin.

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  39. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Sam Madison is like the opposite of Kevin Smith. Smith will go on a 15 minute story that your not sure where it's going but makes it's way back to the original point. Sam goes on a 15 minute story and the question changes 3 times while he's telling it.

40. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    He is. He used to host a jets pregame postgame show on MSG network here in NY. He's a snide little turd who knows little and whose opinions I respect even less. I pay about as much attention to him as I do to Colin Cowherd or Jim Rome.

As for the review, great work CK and I wish you continued success in following your dream. :up: