Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 105

Thread: B+ A- From Nfl analyst Chris Kouffman..

  1. #1
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    54,960
    Fist Bumps
    18,423
    My Posts Inspired:
    20,844 Fist Bumps in 10,535 Posts
    Rep Power
    1799

    Default B+ A- From Nfl analyst Chris Kouffman..

    Seeing that he's to humble to post it himself..he's a member here that goes by CKparrothead.

    http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/v...8-ea16676b8828

    Some highlights from the interview..

    Thinks we have a future tandem at running back with Lamar Miller and not Bush, not Thomas, but Jonas gray, our rookie free agent from Notre dame, after the fumble at the 1 against south Florida, Kouffman talks about how this kid beasted the rest of the season, averaging bout 7 yards a carry at 5'10 230 lbs for about 800 yards and 12 tds..thinks we really need to play the move right, and I think he means if we try to stash him he ain't gonna last on the P.s.

    Thinks that Rishard Matthews is gonna have a bright future for us..talked about being the more diverse receiver between he and Cunningham, the better athlete, better route runner, and just plain stronger to get off that jam at the LOS..

    I get from the interview that he loved Brandon Weeden, and liked Ryan Tannehill, talks about too good a skillset, too may intangibles and qb athleticism to fail..Wasn't much else talked about in terms of our new Qb.

    He really likes the addition of Mike Egnew, has some serious explosiveness this kid, read somewhere that he retimed Egnews forty time, and is very confident that our new seam buster, at 6'5 252 lbs who has fine hands, ran a 4.48... For which all I got to say is daaaaaaaaaaam..happy happy happy.

    Thinks that Lamar Miller has some developing to go on his body, but thinks the kid has a nice ceiling, and if he had to guess, would be our first probowler outside of Tannehill.

    This is an analyst that puts in the time to watch a lot of tape, is an up and comer on the draft scene, so an A- is pretty cool..I don't agree with the grade, but it must be respected, because I don't think your gonna find a more objective, thorough opinion, amongst all the draft media.

    P.s.. Just wanna give a shout out to the people that run this site...I know it's the best in the business for many different reasons, cool people, cutting edge analysis, friendship, respect, big time personalities, and the fact that y'all keep me laughing and interested all the time..I hope we always have it.


  2. #2
    I drink your milkshake! Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    20,792
    Fist Bumps
    2,164
    My Posts Inspired:
    10,253 Fist Bumps in 5,548 Posts
    Rep Power
    734

    Default

    His being interviewed skills have improved a lot. Great job CK!

  3. This Member gave Dol-Fan Dupree a FIST BUMP for this post:


  4. #3
    Season Ticket Holder Ludacris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,824
    Fist Bumps
    2,476
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,145 Fist Bumps in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    213

    Default

    Great interview CK. Best review of the Dolphins draft this year.

  5. This Member gave Ludacris a FIST BUMP for this post:


  6. #4
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,052
    Fist Bumps
    5,089
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,350 Fist Bumps in 2,002 Posts
    Rep Power
    353

    Default

    Great interview man! Completely agree on Rishard Matthews. 3rd round pick that fell to the 7th!

  7. This Member gave Anonymous a FIST BUMP for this post:


  8. #5
    Senior Member bran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,667
    Fist Bumps
    652
    My Posts Inspired:
    596 Fist Bumps in 372 Posts
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djphinfan View Post
    Seeing that he's to humble to post it himself..he's a member here that goes by CKparrothead.

    http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/v...8-ea16676b8828

    Some highlights from the interview..

    Thinks we have a future tandem at running back with Lamar Miller and not Bush, not Thomas, but Jonas gray, our rookie free agent from Notre dame, after the fumble at the 1 against south Florida, Kouffman talks about how this kid beasted the rest of the season, averaging bout 7 yards a carry at 5'10 230 lbs for about 800 yards and 12 tds..thinks we really need to play the move right, and I think he means if we try to stash him he ain't gonna last on the P.s.

    Thinks that Rishard Matthews is gonna have a bright future for us..talked about being the more diverse receiver between he and Cunningham, the better athlete, better route runner, and just plain stronger to get off that jam at the LOS..

    I get from the interview that he loved Brandon Weeden, and liked Ryan Tannehill, talks about too good a skillset, too may intangibles and qb athleticism to fail..Wasn't much else talked about in terms of our new Qb.

    He really likes the addition of Mike Egnew, has some serious explosiveness this kid, read somewhere that he retimed Egnews forty time, and is very confident that our new seam buster, at 6'5 252 lbs who has fine hands, ran a 4.48... For which all I got to say is daaaaaaaaaaam..happy happy happy.

    Thinks that Lamar Miller has some developing to go on his body, but thinks the kid has a nice ceiling, and if he had to guess, would be our first probowler outside of Tannehill.

    This is an analyst that puts in the time to watch a lot of tape, is an up and comer on the draft scene, so an A- is pretty cool..I don't agree with the grade, but it must be respected, because I don't think your gonna find a more objective, thorough opinion, amongst all the draft media.

    P.s.. Just wanna give a shout out to the people that run this site...I know it's the best in the business for many different reasons, cool people, cutting edge analysis, friendship, respect, big time personalities, and the fact that y'all keep me laughing and interested all the time..I hope we always have it.
    i really like jonas gray he was a beast until he tore his ACL
    Quote Originally Posted by byroan View Post
    Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

  9. #6
    Premium Member Den54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raccoon City
    Age
    50
    Posts
    5,724
    Fist Bumps
    1,427
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,728 Fist Bumps in 1,709 Posts
    Rep Power
    272

    Default

    Awesome work Chris!
    Proud to say I knew you from back when.

  10. This Member gave Den54 a FIST BUMP for this post:


  11. #7
    crap...here we go again Ohio Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,508
    Fist Bumps
    10,475
    My Posts Inspired:
    4,581 Fist Bumps in 2,325 Posts
    Rep Power
    426

    Default

    when did he tear his ACL, was it last season?
    <img src=http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm271/micclark1313/J-E-S-Tcombo.jpg border=0 alt= />

  12. #8
    Season Ticket Holder JMHPhin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,857
    Fist Bumps
    1,401
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,666 Fist Bumps in 1,045 Posts
    Rep Power
    161

    Default

    cool, good interview.


    If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
    Theodore Roosevelt

  13. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to JMHPhin for a solid post:


  14. #9
    Season Ticket Holder DePhinistr8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,966
    Fist Bumps
    1,280
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,027 Fist Bumps in 775 Posts
    Rep Power
    187

    Default

    I don't know if this CK stranger can be trusted

  15. This Member gave DePhinistr8 a FIST BUMP for this post:


  16. #10
    For My Hero JetsSuck unluckyluciano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    50,958
    Fist Bumps
    25,177
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,471 Fist Bumps in 10,816 Posts
    Rep Power
    1752

    Default

    That was a horrible wrestling promo ck!
    thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


    Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

  17. This Member gave unluckyluciano a FIST BUMP for this post:


  18. #11
    Initiated Fin-Omenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Age
    33
    Posts
    29,584
    Fist Bumps
    13,744
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,682 Fist Bumps in 4,496 Posts
    Rep Power
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Fanatic View Post
    when did he tear his ACL, was it last season?


  19. #12
    Senior Member Dorfdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    Fist Bumps
    289
    My Posts Inspired:
    641 Fist Bumps in 329 Posts
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    After the draft I have been watching alot of videos on these players and I have to say without a doubt I feel Lamar Miller is going to be something special! I LOVE the way he sees the field. Check out this video and see what I mean. Hes got excellent BURST and is very nible in traffic deeking people out. What impressed me mostly was that alot of his runs were up the middle and not bouncing outside all the time. He's tough and fast.

    Bush, Miller, and Thomas, Gray will make an excellent backfield for us for the next few years.. I imagine Bush will be #1 and Thomas and Miller would be used in packages often.. Two back Miller and Bush... Who you covering??


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7dxPzUBoi4

  20. These 3 users offered FIST BUMPS to Dorfdad for a solid post:


  21. #13
    Motion 3:16 CaribPhin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Bahamas
    Posts
    13,007
    Fist Bumps
    5,704
    My Posts Inspired:
    6,002 Fist Bumps in 2,838 Posts
    Rep Power
    505

    Default

    Skip to about 2:30 for the reverse mentioned in the video.



    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    ~Aristotle

  22. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to CaribPhin for a solid post:


  23. #14
    Junior Member finsincebirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,965
    Fist Bumps
    317
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,670 Fist Bumps in 833 Posts
    Rep Power
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfdad View Post
    After the draft I have been watching alot of videos on these players and I have to say without a doubt I feel Lamar Miller is going to be something special! I LOVE the way he sees the field. Check out this video and see what I mean. Hes got excellent BURST and is very nible in traffic deeking people out. What impressed me mostly was that alot of his runs were up the middle and not bouncing outside all the time. He's tough and fast.

    Bush, Miller, and Thomas, Gray will make an excellent backfield for us for the next few years.. I imagine Bush will be #1 and Thomas and Miller would be used in packages often.. Two back Miller and Bush... Who you covering??


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7dxPzUBoi4
    Watching highlights of him is fun. I remember someone saying he has amazing balance, and you can see it as he pinballs from one hit to the next. Also what impresses me is how he seems to shrink when runs into a crowd of defenders as to avoid the hit and then bursts through the hole.

  24. #15
    Premium Member ckparrothead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    47,129
    Fist Bumps
    6,366
    My Posts Inspired:
    54,115 Fist Bumps in 18,059 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingMotion View Post
    Skip to about 2:40 for the reverse mentioned in the video.

    Thank you for finding that. The play just floored me. Usually on plays like that what happens is the receiver kind of reverses field a little bit and then when the defenders all try and reverse with him they find a bunch of blockers mowing them down. In this case he's got two guys overpursuing a little bit but they have him and he has to make a sharp cut inside without losing speed, which he does and leaves them in the dust, then he's got two more guys that actually dive and make contact with him trying to tackle him and he just waltzes right through their tackle attempts, and from there he's got to outrun the big defensive lineman I think that might be Billy Winn, which he does of course. I call that making 5 guys miss.
    Twitter: @ckparrot

  25. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to ckparrothead for a solid post:


  26. #16
    Chaotic Neutral Paul 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    56,912
    Fist Bumps
    21,076
    My Posts Inspired:
    17,634 Fist Bumps in 9,347 Posts
    Rep Power
    1530

    Default

    Excellent stuff Chris. I think the interview got better and better. Culminating with the Jonas Gray discussion. Oh and Drayton and Sims >>> Madison and Stradford (i think it was) during the Ireland interview this week.

    Anybody else catch the draft grade that Adam Schein gave our Dolphins? An F... And he bases it mostly on Tannehill because he thinks the Dolphins reached. Just to give the thread an opposite view

    Matthews reminds me of Hines Ward...
    Do you think you have what it takes to be a GM? Go here to find out more.

  27. This Member gave Paul 13 a FIST BUMP for this post:


  28. #17
    Initiated Fin-Omenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Age
    33
    Posts
    29,584
    Fist Bumps
    13,744
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,682 Fist Bumps in 4,496 Posts
    Rep Power
    733

    Default

    Penn State WR Roye catches my eye....if he can sneak a couple of cycles of HGH he could become a real force for our WR depleted roster.

  29. #18
    Senior Member Dorfdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    Fist Bumps
    289
    My Posts Inspired:
    641 Fist Bumps in 329 Posts
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsincebirth View Post
    Watching highlights of him is fun. I remember someone saying he has amazing balance, and you can see it as he pinballs from one hit to the next. Also what impresses me is how he seems to shrink when runs into a crowd of defenders as to avoid the hit and then bursts through the hole.
    What gets me about this draft is while we are going to be running a west coast offense, I think Sherman and Philbin are creating an offense that tailors to a young QB with all these picks. I imagine were going to be using alot of running plays and short screens in this offense and allow the players to get the yards instead of forcing 30+ yard passes.

    I want to see the old T formation come back with 3 RB's in the backfield!!

  30. #19
    Senior Member Dorfdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    Fist Bumps
    289
    My Posts Inspired:
    641 Fist Bumps in 329 Posts
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fin-omenal View Post
    penn state wr roye catches my eye....if he can sneak a couple of cycles of hgh he could become a real force for our wr depleted roster.
    lol

  31. #20
    Insensitive to the Touch HardKoreXXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,437
    Fist Bumps
    6,237
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,074 Fist Bumps in 6,110 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul 13 View Post
    Excellent stuff Chris. I think the interview got better and better. Culminating with the Jonas Gray discussion. Oh and Drayton and Sims >>> Madison and Stradford (i think it was) during the Ireland interview this week.

    Anybody else catch the draft grade that Adam Schein gave our Dolphins? An F... And he bases it mostly on Tannehill because he thinks the Dolphins reached. Just to give the thread an opposite view

    Matthews reminds me of Hines Ward...
    I hate this line of thinking. By that logic, the Dolphins wouldn't have reached if they'd finished at 10-6 last year and had selected Tannehill with the 23rd pick. Never mind that there wasn't a single player on the board at #8 who could make the type of impact Tannehill could.

    I liked CK's breakdown of the draft. Good stuff.


    "Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

  32. This Member gave HardKoreXXX a FIST BUMP for this post:


Similar Threads

  1. Week 9 analyst picks
    By Desides in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 11:42 AM
  2. Week 8 analyst picks
    By Desides in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 09:49 AM
  3. Week 6 analyst picks
    By Desides in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
  4. Financials need at least $1 trillion: analyst
    By joeydolfan in forum Political Forum (POFO)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •