Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: List of UDFA's invited to Rookie Camp

  1. #1
    Reality. phinnhedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,102
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 567 Posts
    Rep Power
    98

    Default List of UDFA's invited to Rookie Camp

    QB Jacory Harris, University of Miami draft profile

    WR Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M draft profile

    C Kreg Hunter, Ball State University draft profile

    S Myron Johnson, Arkansas Tech University draft profile youtube

    TE Nick Mandich, Southern Connecticut State University draft profile

    DB Justin Haulcy-Bateman, Cal-Lutheran draft profile

    OL Kyle Bogumil, University of Rhode Island draft profile

    OL Joel Figueroa, University of Miami draft profile

    LB Cort Dennison, University of Washington draft profile

    S Kelcie McCray, Arkansas State draft profile

    OL Terence Brown, Brigham Young University draft profile

    OL Josh Samuda, University of Massachusetts draft profile

    OL Dustin Waldron, Portland State University draft profile

    DB Joseph Wylie, Tennessee State University draft profile

    S Albert Evans, Purdue University draft profile

    LB Cameron Collins, Oregon State draft profile

    RB Jonas Gray, Notre Dame draft profile

    WR Derek Moye, Penn State University draft profile

    DE Jacquies Smith, Missouri draft profile

    DE Derrick Shelby, Utah draft profile

    OL Derek Dennis, Temple draft profile

    LB Shelly Lyons, Arizona State University draft profile

    DT Chas Alecxih, Pitt draft profile

    DE Jarrell Root, Boise State draft profile

    CB Kevyn Scott, Syracuse University draft profile



    * I'm not sure how many of these are confirmed as most are found via twitter.












  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to phinnhedd For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Stitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Age
    30
    Posts
    43,481
    Thanks
    15,820
    Thanked 16,838 Times in 8,922 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    1322

    Default

    Good work on the list (and links). A lot of those guys were signed to contracts though, while others I believe were merely invited to the rookie mini-camp this weekend (such as Jacory Harris). As I understand it, coming to the rookie camp doesn't mean they're invited to the actual training camp.

  4. #3
    Reality. phinnhedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,102
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 567 Posts
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
    Good work on the list (and links). A lot of those guys were signed to contracts though, while others I believe were merely invited to the rookie mini-camp this weekend (such as Jacory Harris). Coming to the rookie camp doesn't mean they're invited to the actual training camp.
    Do you know which ones were given contracts? Hmm have to edit the title to rookie camp.












  5. #4
    ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Stitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Age
    30
    Posts
    43,481
    Thanks
    15,820
    Thanked 16,838 Times in 8,922 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    1322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phinnhedd View Post
    Do you know which ones were given contracts? Hmm have to edit the title to rookie camp.
    Sadly no, not all of them. There's little confirmation from the media as to who was given a contract and who wasn't. It seemed like the agent (on twitter) was the best source as to who got a contract and who didn't, but even then they didn't always say specifically that a contract was given more like "congrats on player X going to the dolphins."

    I want to say that around 14 were actually given contracts, but that may be off (high or low) by a good margin.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stitches For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Premium Member Den54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raccoon City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,509
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    313

    Default

    Joel Figueroa could be an interesting prospect. Played mostly RG AND RT at the U.
    6'6 323.

  8. #6
    Reality. phinnhedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,102
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 567 Posts
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Den54 View Post
    Joel Figueroa could be an interesting prospect. Played mostly RG AND RT at the U.
    6'6 323.
    Yeah I agree. Only things I remember about him is when he made a boneheaded play or penalty (when else do you hear a linemans name right?)

    EDIT: I found on twitter that his agent Donte Robinson @drobinson_elite said that he had signed with Seattle on the 28th of April? @procanes had said figs was offered invite to Dolphins rookie camp. Dunno?












  9. #7
    No riders allowed mommabilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,041
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 676 Times in 437 Posts
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phinnhedd View Post
    Do you know which ones were given contracts? Hmm have to edit the title to rookie camp.
    They were all given contracts. A player cannot participate or be connected to any NFL team without signing a contract. For the most part, they were all one year contracts. Love this each year but in reality, they are all practice fodder. If ONE makes the roster it would be a lot. None of the Oline will make the roster or practice squad. No different then college. The ones need a body to bang on.
    [SIGPIC]http://images.thephins.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3648_5.gif[/SIGPIC]

  10. #8
    No riders allowed mommabilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,041
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 676 Times in 437 Posts
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Den54 View Post
    Joel Figueroa could be an interesting prospect. Played mostly RG AND RT at the U.
    6'6 323.
    Practice fodder
    [SIGPIC]http://images.thephins.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3648_5.gif[/SIGPIC]

  11. #9
    No riders allowed mommabilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,041
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 676 Times in 437 Posts
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phinnhedd View Post
    Yeah I agree. Only things I remember about him is when he made a boneheaded play or penalty (when else do you hear a linemans name right?)

    EDIT: I found on twitter that his agent Donte Robinson @drobinson_elite said that he had signed with Seattle on the 28th of April? @procanes had said figs was offered invite to Dolphins rookie camp. Dunno?
    Joel Figueroa, practice fodder
    [SIGPIC]http://images.thephins.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3648_5.gif[/SIGPIC]

  12. #10
    Chaotic Neutral Paul 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    66,892
    Thanks
    26,716
    Thanked 22,299 Times in 11,515 Posts
    Rep Power
    1921

    Default

    rooting extra for Justin Haulcy-Bateman

    This is Adam Engroff (Dolphins' scout) timing him during his pro day




  13. #11
    'Parcells' Guy Nappy Roots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bradenton,FL
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9,232
    Thanks
    2,707
    Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,849 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Wait....I was so excited because I thought we picked up Cyrus Gray from Tex A&M as a UDFA this whole time. I thought this post was a typo, googled it, and sure enough, Jonas Gray the ND back. Cyrus was picked in the 6th round. Damn it. I don't know much about Jonas Gray. But now I am a little upset it was not Cyrus now.

  14. #12
    Chaotic Neutral Paul 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    66,892
    Thanks
    26,716
    Thanked 22,299 Times in 11,515 Posts
    Rep Power
    1921

    Default

    BTW, we have room for 17 UDFA's on the 90 man roster. Prior to the draft we had 64 players under contract. Add in the 9 drafted to get to 73 total. The OP has 25 names in his post. The following 16 have been "signed"

    Jacquies Smith, DE, Missouri
    Jonas Gray, RB, Notre Dame
    Derrick Shelby, DE, Utah
    Derek Moye, WR, Penn State
    Kelcie McCray, S, Arkansas State
    Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M
    Derrick Dennis, OL, Temple
    Albert Evans, S, Purdue
    Shelly Lyons, OLB, Arizona State
    Jarrell Root, DE, Boise St
    Derrick Shelby, DE/OLB, Utah
    Josh Samuda, OL, UMass
    Terence Brown, OL, BYU
    Dustin Waldron, OT, Portland State
    Myron Johnson, S, Arkansas Tech
    Kevin Scott, CB, Syracuse

    the remainder are "invitees" not yet "signed." An invitee would not count against the 90 man roster limit, hence the designation that I'm making. Doesn't mean that any one of the 16 "signed" can't be axed at any point during or shortly after the upcoming mini camp. Or course an invitee can also go try out for another NFL team (be invited to their mini camp the following week.... unless he's signed ).... which is why I think it's an advantage to get your mini camp this weekend as opposed to next weekend. First crack!

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul 13 For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    Reality. phinnhedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,102
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 567 Posts
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mommabilly View Post
    Joel Figueroa, practice fodder
    I think most of us are aware that the majority brought in as an UDFA have a rare chance to make it. Simply posting the list and commenting what I know. Thanks for adding.












  17. #14
    Chaotic Neutral Paul 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    66,892
    Thanks
    26,716
    Thanked 22,299 Times in 11,515 Posts
    Rep Power
    1921

    Default

    so I'm following the players coming in this weekend for the camp on twitter and Kelvin Bolden is not coming to Miami. He's headed to the Washington Redskins for a tryout there.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul 13 For This Useful Post:


  19. #15
    Inglourious Basterd MrClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The home state of Ndamukong Suh.
    Posts
    63,462
    Thanks
    28,004
    Thanked 28,637 Times in 14,863 Posts
    Rep Power
    2270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul 13 View Post
    rooting extra for Justin Haulcy-Bateman

    This is Adam Engroff (Dolphins' scout) timing him during his pro day



    You sure that is Engroff? It looks nothing like his bio pic on miamidolphins.com. I'd guess Engroff is at least early 40s in age. The guy with the stopwatch in the pic looks 20 something.


  20. #16
    Chaotic Neutral Paul 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    66,892
    Thanks
    26,716
    Thanked 22,299 Times in 11,515 Posts
    Rep Power
    1921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    You sure that is Engroff? It looks nothing like his bio pic on miamidolphins.com. I'd guess Engroff is at least early 40s in age. The guy with the stopwatch in the pic looks 20 something.

    yeah it's him. I'll find you a link to some add'l pics from that day.

    edit:

    http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/mar/...ff-skills-for/

    go to the picture slides (11 of them).

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul 13 For This Useful Post:


  22. #17
    Season Ticket Holder rafael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22,491
    Thanks
    4,957
    Thanked 17,876 Times in 8,413 Posts
    Rep Power
    1218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul 13 View Post
    BTW, we have room for 17 UDFA's on the 90 man roster. Prior to the draft we had 64 players under contract. Add in the 9 drafted to get to 73 total. The OP has 25 names in his post. The following 16 have been "signed"

    Jacquies Smith, DE, Missouri
    Jonas Gray, RB, Notre Dame
    Derrick Shelby, DE, Utah
    Derek Moye, WR, Penn State
    Kelcie McCray, S, Arkansas State
    Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M
    Derrick Dennis, OL, Temple
    Albert Evans, S, Purdue
    Shelly Lyons, OLB, Arizona State
    Jarrell Root, DE, Boise St
    Derrick Shelby, DE/OLB, Utah
    Josh Samuda, OL, UMass
    Terence Brown, OL, BYU
    Dustin Waldron, OT, Portland State
    Myron Johnson, S, Arkansas Tech
    Kevin Scott, CB, Syracuse

    the remainder are "invitees" not yet "signed." An invitee would not count against the 90 man roster limit, hence the designation that I'm making. Doesn't mean that any one of the 16 "signed" can't be axed at any point during or shortly after the upcoming mini camp. Or course an invitee can also go try out for another NFL team (be invited to their mini camp the following week.... unless he's signed ).... which is why I think it's an advantage to get your mini camp this weekend as opposed to next weekend. First crack!
    I haven't seen film on all of them, but the three that stand out to me are, Jonas Gray, RB, Derrick Shelby, DE and Josh Samuda, OL. FYI, I haven't seen anything on Moye, Lyons and Scott and the Ss are practically impossible to scout from highlight films so I haven't reached any opinion on those guys.


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to rafael For This Useful Post:


  24. #18
    Draft Forum Moderator ckparrothead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    61,108
    Thanks
    10,353
    Thanked 73,888 Times in 23,918 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    4502

    Default

    I see a Wylie in there!

    Seriously, is he related to Wiggles in any way?
    Twitter: @ckparrot

  25. #19
    Inglourious Basterd MrClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The home state of Ndamukong Suh.
    Posts
    63,462
    Thanks
    28,004
    Thanked 28,637 Times in 14,863 Posts
    Rep Power
    2270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I see a Wylie in there!

    Seriously, is he related to Wiggles in any way?
    Seriously doubt it. Joseph Wylie is black and from Fort Lauderdale.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to MrClean For This Useful Post:


  27. #20
    Inglourious Basterd MrClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The home state of Ndamukong Suh.
    Posts
    63,462
    Thanks
    28,004
    Thanked 28,637 Times in 14,863 Posts
    Rep Power
    2270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    I haven't seen film on all of them, but the three that stand out to me are, Jonas Gray, RB, Derrick Shelby, DE and Josh Samuda, OL. FYI, I haven't seen anything on Moye, Lyons and Scott and the Ss are practically impossible to scout from highlight films so I haven't reached any opinion on those guys.
    I agree. Those 3 also impress me the most too along with Myron Johnson. I found some Penn State stuff, but Moye didn't grab me that much. He is tall and thin, very skinny long arms. Not sure how well he will handle the physicality of the NFL, though maybe the kind of guy who looks good in mini camp, then disappears in training camp.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to MrClean For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Is there an UDFA list ?
    By Wayne Kjelsrud in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM
  2. UDFA Interest List
    By ckparrothead in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM
  3. UDFA (Can we list them here as they come in)
    By mroz in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 12:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •