1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Athlon disses Tannehill

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miamian, May 2, 2012.

1. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-draft-grading-first-round

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    A athlon, that brings back memories at a time before the internet.

CWBIII and rafael like this.
  3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Never mind his WRs dropped 79 passes.

Da 'Fins, bran, dolfan7171 and 2 others like this.
  4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    jsizzle, bran, smahtaz and 5 others like this.
  5. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I noticed that, but I'm not the author's mother, so I wasn't going to correct it. I happened to think at the time that that level of carelessness may also indicate careless research.

Two Tacos and Fin D like this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    My first thought was "who" second thought "who cares"

I trust my eyes with what I see in Ryan, and this is coming from someone who hated him until about two days before the draft when I objectively watched him.

7. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I hope that Tannehill not only reads it, but uses it as motivation to make the author eat his words.

dolfan7171 and Alex44 like this.
  8. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    so a typo discredits his article? I think his lack of football knowledge does that all on its own. why would his team choking have any bearing on him as a player? Ive watched those games and tanny looks pretty good. sure he made a mistake here and there but i also saw fumbles, balls bouncing off wrs chests for ints, wrs not looking for the ball when they were in the hole of a zone d etc.

in short, this guy was a moron.

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That's was my first thought too. I haven't read one of those in years. Their information is always so out of date that I just don't bother.

10. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'll trust the scouts and my own 2 eyes before all these clowns who have no idea what they're talking about.

steveincolorado likes this.
  11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    If you're going to publish an article on the net or in print, as a professional and it has these types of typos, then it does speak to your level of professionalism and attention to detail.

For example, as a graphic designer I have typos on everything and i freely admit I pay no attention to detail.

bran, USArmyFinFan and Miamian like this.
  12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Before you were born we used to read these things called magazines. These magazines would have information that was easy to be found, like with the internet today. One of these magazines were Althon who released a yearly NFL special telling people all of the offseason moves with draft analysis. When I was young there were about three of these magazines. Althon was one of my favorite because it had pretty pictures.

Now in the future I am surprised they still exist in any shape or form. In fact I didn't think they did anymore until Miamian posted this article. This is almost like learning that the Dodo is still alive on a distant island. Just about 1 billionth as cool.

Disclaimer: No part of this post is supposed to make fun of the poster being replied to. Just to emphasis how little I care about Althon saying anything about anything.

USArmyFinFan, Agua and Alex44 like this.
  13. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011

lol whatever man, can't you just agree with me for once or atleast get the point of what I was saying? The article sucks, the guy obviously doens't know what to look for when judging qb talent as he cites numerous things that have no bearing on how tannehill will translate to the nfl, which is what he should be writting his article for. The spelling and gammar could have been flawless and I'd still be able to say the dude who wrote it is a football moron.

14. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    It would appear to have morphed into a website.

15. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    It's pretty much what everybody has said about Tannehill.

He isn't as sure fire as Luck and doesn't have the athletic prowess and experience of RGIII.

There's no disrespect. The red flag that they raise is 21 interceptions on 19 starts which has nothing to do with receivers dropping balls. Besides if we don't want receivers dropping their balls shouldn't we be watching peewee football?

16. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I wonder if Street & Smith's has a web site too? When I was a kid that was the one and only magazine to buy for NFL Football, College Football, MLB, NHL, or NBA. I used to buy all the annuals. Still have a few from the 60s stored away in boxes somewhere, very well worn.

smahtaz and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    For the NFL, I would study them for hours. I would know every player on every team and every player including every draft pick and unsigned free agent for the Dolphins

18. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Just as a side note, he threw 21 interceptions and how many TDs did he score through pass or run?
    If they want to use how his college team choked or how bad they were just look at John Elway's team while he was at Stanford. Elway had a 20-23 record at Stanford and they never went to a bowl game, but you can't blame that on Elway. And I am not saying Tannehill is another Elway. Just don't use A&M's team record as any indication of Tannehill's performance.

Miamian, bran and USArmyFinFan like this.
  19. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Cocaine is a helluva drug!

20. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Already I think some Dolphin fans are being way too sensitive about our new QB. What's so terrible about what this person wrote (besides the typo)? He is not saying Tannehill will be a failure. He even said loads of upside. Isn't that the way most of us feel about him? I know we're all rainbows, gumdrops and lollypops about the kid right now. I am too. But let's not get so damn defensive about everything that might be a criticism. This is what has caused the fans to become so emotionally attached to Dolphin QBs in the past. John Beck, Chad Henne, etc.

To clarify, I loved the pick. But I'm not going to beef if someone in the media calls it a reach. Tannehill has plenty of time to prove guys calling the pick a reach wrong. Let's hope he can.

21. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Jest :shifty: a point of order, if you're going to go out and do this, take the time to proofread. I'm not perfect with everything by no means, but.......just sayin'.

22. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Jest a point of order?

LOL.

23. Noodle Arm

Noodle Arm and you are?

Mar 6, 2010
    Orlando,FL
    They also gave our entire draft a D

24. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    that article is trying to tell you people the same many of us smarter fans havebeen saying and that Tannehill was wave overrated at A&M we took him too high . so you folks are going to see more people that knows what we do around the big 12 and that Sherman and Tannehill are the next version of Cam Cameron and Cleo Lemon but we shall se . dolphin fans seem to cling to the lesser talented players so it doesnt suprise me one bit that Miami is getting a average draft grade.. what sad is that nobody wants to get better then the pats therefore Miami wont finish better then 4 th in the east until we get some impact players.

25. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That doesn't make any sense.

26. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    hahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, "us smarter fans".

bran, USArmyFinFan and TotoreMexico like this.
  27. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Before you condescend anyone, you may want to take a long hard look at what you typed and how you typed it.

28. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Your retarded

Jan 4, 2008
    Mexico
    Are you the author of that "article"?

29. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I dropped a bunch of change on those yearbooks before the internet cames into its own .The yearbooks were thick ,full of photos but had very little worthy content and it was usually dated.But to a football starved fan thats all there was.In fact I would buy any yearbook I could find in those days.

The content on Athlon looks like just another blog now .Give me Universal draft anytime

30. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I'm glad you caught that entirely planned typo..........:lol: I was hoping someone would.

DOLPHAN1 and Fin D like this.
  31. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

32. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    What a joke. "This pick was essentially made by first-year Dolphins Offensive Coordinator Mike Sherman"

If these morons knew what they were talking about, they'd know that Ireland has loved Tannehill SINCE 2010!

To think of the money these clowns make.

33. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    :lol: So did I. Granted I'm only 25 but I remember being so excited to pick up the new preview magazine for that season when I was younger. And you're right, there wasn't even much worth reading, but it was still something.

34. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Not to mention DeCastro played RG, while Martin played LT. That's hardly next to each other.

jsizzle, bran and smahtaz like this.
  35. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX

Again, we haven't finished 4th place in the AFCE since 2007 despite lacking all these "impact players."

jsizzle and Rhody Phins Fan like this.
  36. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Take it easy on him, he's a "smarter fan" after all. :rolleyes:

37. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

When you say smarter, I'm guessing you mean better dressed.

38. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011

you and the23rd are now in the running for worst posters of the preseason. congrats.

jsizzle likes this.
  39. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I think that what a lot of us are saying is that criticism is fine, so long as it's justifiable. Blaming a team's record on the quarterback when there are 21 other positions on the field and the playcalling comes in from the sidelines sounds like trying to make an argument fit a conclusion.

40. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I dont care 1 iota about the criticism. No matter what. Some of it is understandable, at 8 some say that when you have a certain risk whether you have the talent for pick 8 or not it is too high. That is the fair criticism. The unknown with Tannehill, the decision making make him a higher risk. That was Billicks point. It is fair. I believe it was the rght move, a move we had to make.

In years past I would have said get Tannehill but oinly in a trade down where the risk is mitigated by teh value. but now the way teh rookie wage scale is. and the coach's we have. it was a mve we had to make, he wasnt getting past Seattle, so trading down was tricky. He most certainly has the upside for pick 8, so there isnt any question there. He is a guy that has a great work ethic and wants to be a qb, comes off in the media very well but has that swagger you want. Seems coachable.

The other criticism is the ones hedging their bets, wanting to be right. That is ifTannehill fails they can tout their scouting skills by saying I was on record as saying. If Tannehill makes it, noone will even care what they said 3 yrs ago.