1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schedule to be announced Tuesday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BlameItOnTheHenne, Apr 16, 2012.

1. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    According to Shefter...

2. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I'm pretty sure that was the schedule we were all trolled with a few weeks ago.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Only thing interesting about that schedule is to see how close the person gets it to the official schedule when it comes out tomorrow.

Still...that took someone quite some time to put together. Not a bad job at all.

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    September 1 o'clock games please!!!!!!

TiP54 and DolfanTom like this.
  7. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    This schedule CAN'T be right.

The Dolphins bye in week 10???? I don't think we've ever had a bye that late in the season. Seems our bye has always (or at least as I recall) during week 5.

And how in GOD'S NAME....do we get scheduled against the Texans...AGAIN???? I could understand it if our records were close to being the same, but last year? The Texans go to the playoffs and we're eliminated from the playoffs at week...what, 10?

I guess we keep getting scheduled against them because we're 0-lifetime against Houston.

8. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    We either play their division or finish in the same position in division.

9. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    That schedule ISN'T right, 100 percent confirmed. Not only does it break a multitude of NFL rules (CBS 4:15 week 1, Niners/Raiders scheduling, enhanced TNF rules starting this year among others) the guy who made it came out and said it was fake. Unfortunately, incarceratedbob took it and posted it as his own and then went on to say the NFL was scrambling to change the schedule because of his glorious breaking news. Yeah, I was thinking douche too . . .

As if anyone cares, I am working on my Phins schedule research (going through previous years to see when we played what team, I'm through 2004 right now) and will have it tonight along with my schedule guess. A little preview, I think we will open with two straight road games!

PhinGeneral and TiP54 like this.
  10. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Because we play the entire AFC South. Houston, Jacksonville, Colts and Tenn. Just the way it worked out.

11. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    No shocker there.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Guarantee u that fat kid on Facebook who goes to every game and has Dolphins PJs leaks it first....I'll post the link when he does.

13. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Just looking at our opponents...HOU, TEN, JAC, IND, OAK, CIN, SFO, SEA, ARI, STL...interesting.

Really the only killers on the schedule are the Patriots x2, the Texans and the 49ers. Everything else is sort of up for grabs with teams that are 9-7 (Cincinnati, Tennessee), 8-8 (Jets x2, Oakland, Arizona), had a losing record (Buffalo x2, Jacksonville, Seattle), or were absolutely awful (Indianapolis, St. Louis).

Given our division, it's about as good as we could ask, IMO. I suppose it would have been nice if we hadn't been handed 3rd place division standing instead of 4th place division standing, even though we won the higher draft pick over Buffalo. Then we'd get to add another terrible team (Cleveland) to the schedule.

I just see a lot of up-for-grabs games on the schedule. Should make for yet another exciting 6-10 or 7-9 record.

Home schedule will be: NWE, BUF, NYJ, TEN, OAK, JAC, SEA, STL.

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Not unless Ross sells the team to someone who isnt afraid of the sun.

15. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Couldn't have asked for anything better than that.

16. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Okay guys, here are my findings as far as when we played each non division team since the merger, obviously some have a bigger pool of numbers than others . . .

Jags:
    14, 13,
    Titans:
    10, 15, 3, 16, 1
    Rams:
    13, 7
    Seahawks:
    10, 11,
    Niners:
    15, 12
    Cards:
    2, 9
    Raiders:
    13, 12, 11, 4, 12
    Texans:
    2, 16, 6, 5, 4,
    Colts:
    2, 17
    Bengals:
    8, 17

With all of that in mind, here is my best guess mock schedule, though we usually have more numbers to go by over nine years. This is just one of those years with rare opponents, I guess . . .

1. @ Colts
    2. @ Cardinals
    3. Jets (MNF)
    4. @ Texans
    5. Rams
    6. BYE
    7. Bills
    8. @ Bengals
    9. Seahawks
    10. @Patriots
    11. Raiders
    12. @ Jets
    13. Jaguars (TNF)
    14. Titans
    15. @ Niners (MNF)
    16. Patriots
    17. @ Bills

Discussion: Given that the NFL has indulged Ross' ridiculous request of no 1pm home games the past several years, I see no reason why they will not continue to do so. This means that Miami either has to play on the road week 1 or at home against SEA/STL in a 4:15 alternative game and Miami is still too much of a national brand to put it with GB/SF on FOX week 1 (the game I think will be in that slot). I put Miami on the road again in week 2 because the Marlins are at home, despite not sharing a stadium anymore, the NFL frowns on scheduling baseball and football in the same town on the same day (see Phillies/Eagles as prime example).

I have Miami with three primetime games and I can already hear you guys, THREE, THIS GUYS IS CRAZY! Well the TNF game with Jacksonville is due to the fact that every team must be on NFLN once and can't play more than one time zone away. Jacksonville was unsexy enough to be an NFLN game. I think we can all agree that Miami will get at least on MNF game against the Jets or Patriots, I went with the Jets and with the early MNF slot they like to put us in. As for that last one, I feel Mia/SF is the kind of late season big name game ESPN would love. Plus, looking at SF's opponents, if I am right and the GB game is on FOX, that leaves five games (plus one NFLN) to be in primetime as they should get the max allowed. Now I think the NYG and NO games will go to SNF along with either the NE or NYJ games (one goes to NBC, the other stays with FOX) and either the CHI or DET game will also go the MNF (but not both, I can't see FOX allowing all of NYG, NO, CHI, and DET to go ESPN) which leaves MIA, BUF, MIN, or NFCW team . . . the answer ends up being pretty obvious.

So there you have it, I've been doing this for three years and only gotten five games exactly right, but we will see how wrong I am come tomorrow! I will be happy to answer any questions regarding my thought process or the NFL on tv in general. As a bonus, here is my week 1 prime picks . . .

Week 1
    WNF: Cowboys @ Giants
    CBSE: Steelers @ Bengals
    FOXE: Eagles @ Redskins
    FOXL: Niners @ Packers
    SNF: Patriots @ Ravens
    MNF1: Texans @ Jets
    MNF2: Chargers @ Raiders

Thought process: We already know the WNF kickoff game, but I went with SF/GB as the showcase FOX game based on rumblings I heard that it would involve the Packers (which I think makes sense). The SNF and MNF1 games are very tough to predict given what I've heard that the NFL does not want to showcase Denver early in prime in case Manning should not be ready or have a set back. Given that restriction, it is always a good bet to see a lot of AFC prime games week 1 given the CBS restrictions with the US Open coverage. Thus the sexiest game I found not involving Denver or burning off another divisional game early (ala BAL/PIT or NYJ/NE) was an AFC Championship rematch with two teams that will certainly get the max 3 SNF games. The MNF1 game went to HOU/NYJ as it was a good enough matchup without being something CBS would protest too much over loosing. I would think PHI/WAS would be great here, but FOX for the lead early makes too much sense for that one. The MNF2 slot was actually pretty easy, with the Niners in the FOXL slot, the Raiders either have to play early on Sunday or the late MNF slot . . . given that they have not appeared in that slot in a couple of years and the NFL will have to use either OAK or SEA in this slot, so how about killing two birds with one stone.

Hope your heads aren't spinning, TV is my industry so I can get a little carried away.

17. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I still can't faarkin BELIEVE the NFL went and changed the rules for travel around and SCREWED 1,000s of Dolphin fans in Seattle out of seeing their team this year. Bastitches.

18. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    No way there are 3 primetime games. No marquee players on offense (sorry, Reggie Bush isn't getting use primetime gigs) and coming off another losing season = cutback in primetime games.

As you stated, we are required by the league to be in 1 primetime game and that will be a Thursday night tilt...and odds are that it will be a road game. Poor home attendance + first year coach + coming off back to back losing seasons + no top flight marquee name = 1 road primetime game.

19. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Good work as always on this. I think three prime time games is possible, but I'm more inclined to go with 2. Even though all teams get at least one national broadcast, I can't see the NFL sticking it's network with a potential turd like Mia-Jax as late as week 13. They seem to like putting Interconference matchups on the network, so you might see something like Mia-SF there instead.

B.Sebo likes this.
  20. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Thanks! I agree that two is probably more realistic, but that SF game just screamed that nostalgia factor ESPN has had in a few recent years. But I would not at all be shocked if Miami only gets a Jets/Patriots MNF'er in addition to the the NFLN game.

I do agree that NFLN seems to like interconference games, but with the new rules and expanded schedule, they will have to have a vast increase in intraconference games as well. SF/MIA wouldn't work because they are more than one time zone apart, thus cannot play each other on NFLN Thursday broadcast. However, basically any team other than SF, ARI, OAK, SEA could be in that slot. I wen't with Jacksonville because it was just crappy enough with just enough of a niche ("It's a battle for AFC supremacy in the Sunshine State when Blaine Gabbert leads the Jaguars down to South Beach to take on Reggie Bush and the Dolphins.") . . . just seems like a promo that would tickle the NFLN fancy, plus I don't think CBS will be at all upset to lose JAC/MIA.

PhinGeneral likes this.
  21. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Yeah, the one time zone thing slipped my mind. It isn't so much that I couldn't see a Mia/Jax prime time game, it's that I don't see it being on any later than, say, week 8. Personally I'm going to go with a Miami-Cincinnati Thursday match-up.

22. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I just hope Miami stops getting ****ed on Bye weeks. We've had early ones for like 5 years now.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  23. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Is that why we can't win games in the beginning of the season?

24. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Not sure which thread to post leak information, so I will post it in both.

1. The first MNF game will be the Bengals @ Ravens, still no word on the west coast half. However, this does blow up my week 1 predictions already. Oh well . . .

2. The Patriots will have four primetime games and open on the road/finish at home.

3. The Saints home games are scheduled for Sept 9, Sept 16, Oct 7, Nov 5, Nov 11, Nov 25, Dec 16, Dec 30 which means they will be on MNF once on Nov. 5.

I will try and keep everyone up to date on leaks . . .

Aqua4Ever04 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  25. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    fixed that for you. :knucks:

B.Sebo likes this.
  26. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    One thing is for sure once this schedule is released: I will see at least three different message board posters or twitter followers complain that the NFL screws us over every year. Just putting that out there.

siciliansith likes this.
  27. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    So do you think there will be more complainers than Dolphin primetime games?

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  28. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    LOL. Yes. I'll take that prop bet.

29. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Leak #2

Looks like Niners @ Packers will be the week 1 late doubleheader game on FOX.

Steelers @ Broncos is the week 1 SNF game on NBC.

So we know the kickoff game, main FOX game, SNF, and MNF1 so far . . . I still say it is pretty likely we see Oakland in that last MNF2 slot.

------------

Also, thanks CANE, I guess that doesn't preclude them from having a road MNF game, not sure where my mind was on that one! :hi5:

And trust me Aqua, I feel the same way brother!

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  30. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Leak #3

Bears open up vs. Indianapolis and then play @ Green Bay on the TNF game of the year . . .

Full Giants schedule:

Week 1 - vs. Dallas Cowboys (Wed, Sept. 5)

Week 2 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 3 - at Carolina Panthers (Thursday)

Week 4 - at Philadelphia Eagles

Week 5 - vs. Cleveland Browns

Week 6 - at San Francisco 49ers

Week 7 - vs. Washington Redskins

Week 8 - at Dallas Cowboys

Week 9 - vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 10 - at Cincinnati Bengals

Week 11 - BYE (Nov. 18)

Week 12 - vs. Green Bay Packers

Week 13 - at Washington Redskins

Week 14 - vs. New Orleans Saints

Week 15 - at Atlanta Falcons

Week 16 - at Baltimore Ravens

Week 17 - vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Of those the week 4 NYG/PHI game will be on SNF and the week 8 game with DAL will be on FOX as the late doubleheader leading into the World Series. This next part is just speculation, but I would be shocked if that week 12 game against GB wasn't on SNF, that is the last Sunday in sweeps . . .

With GB/CHI and NYG/CAR confirmed for TNF, the NFL is certainly trying to make that early season package attractive to buyers, they are going to sell the week 2-9 Thursday package before the next season. Both those games so far have been recent SNF games . . .

More to come . . .

--------
    EDIT: 4:37 CDT

Leak #4

Vikings @ Packers week 16 which almost certainly means Packers @ Bears for week 17.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  31. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Leak #5

How about this one, Patriots @ Jets week 1 on CBS . . .can't confirm, but I have heard that is the case. Also hear the Pats will play three of first four on the road.

32. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    What happened to leak #4?

33. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Leak #4 was added onto Leak #3 because they were so close to each other . . . :)

34. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    almost time

35. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    if true, the start of the year will be known as the DOME or HOME section of the 2012/13 schedule:

1. @ Colts
    2. @ Cardinals
    3. Jets (MNF)
    4. @ Texans
    5. Rams
    6. BYE
    7. Bills

lets get off to a great start if this is the case....

36. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Leak #6

Eagles @ Browns week 1, Ravens @ Eagles week 2 . . .

Bears are supposedly getting THREE MNF games, 10/1 @ Dallas, 10/22 vs Detroit, 11/19 @ San Fran . . . as well as a SNF game vs. Houston 11/11 which would be curious as that is sweeps and that is a decidedly unsexy game for NBC.

Schedule release in five, looks like this is all for the leaks this year, thanks for watching!

37. jpep13

Dec 2, 2007
    9/9 at houston 1pm -Revenge

38. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Only one primetime game against the Bills, week 11 Thursday Night game. My guess is the bye is later this year.

39. jpep13

Dec 2, 2007
    Pats 2xtimes in Dec

40. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]