Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2012 should be a very simple draft for Miami

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,875 Fist Bumps in 1,072 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by finyank13 View Post
    I hope they keep making an embarrassment of themselves, and lose every game until the GM is gone.

really? you want them to lose because of the GM? why don't you find a better team with a perfect GM then...
    Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth
    is finished:
    If you're alive, it isn't.

2. This Member gave DOLPHAN1 a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    5,486 Fist Bumps in 2,879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the 23rd View Post
    Ozzy

1) I'm not laughing about any of this & fail to see the humor in berating/degrading our WR Corp (or in general terms our team). I have presented a legitimate case in the Receivers' behalf. you are not obliged to agree with it but certainly not obligated to ridicule an honest statement that has been presented in an informative way.
    If you don't want me to laugh then stop saying Brian Hartline has the potential to be a number one wide receiver. Otherwise, I'll have to feel obligated to chuckle some more.

You had it right when you said the system will help these guys a lot. Although every single system thrives by having a true #1 Wr. A playmaker, who can a lot of the directional routes, and turn them into long Td's. Jerry Rice killed it in the West Coast offense. Brian Hartline will never be close.
    http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

4. This Member gave Ozzy a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by dsteve View Post
    and then you tell the orginal poster everything he is saying is wrong so you agree with me....

btw, did your last post really need a whole new thread? what is wrong with you?
    Do you know what a new thread means? Or are you asking me to start one about you?

As for your first sentence. I never said I disagreed with any POINTS that you made in this thread. I take offense to you using silly name calling. So "what is wrong with you" is something you might want to ask a mirror!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    I am not as down on our WRs as most. I think that Philbin has a vision for what he wants out of that group and its different that what many other teams want and what most fans are used to. I think that if you had asked most fans what they thought of GB's group a couple of seasons ago they would not have made many top 10 lists and quite a few bottom 10 lists. Here's a quote from Philbin regarding the GB WRs back in 2009:

"I'm not sitting here saying we've got five all-world receivers," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "There's some talent. I think there's five guys that at least played in some games and made some contributions.".
    I really like Greg Jennings, and Jordy Nelson was a favorite of mine coming out of college. They may not be in a top ten class but both would be considered excellent #2's in most Coryell systems.

I'm not down on the Dolphins group except I think they need one more that's better than what is currently on the roster. Bess is the perfect slot Wr, and Hartline is not the perfect go to guy. We have no clue if Wallace or Moore will improve so much that no other Wr, a playmaker, is needed. Too many if's, if you ask me!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,509 Fist Bumps in 11,347 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOLPHAN1 View Post
    really? you want them to lose because of the GM? why don't you find a better team with a perfect GM then...
    I keep sayin, the inability to differenciate theplayers from the front office is disturbing, if you wanna cuss out the gm and criticize the front office thats fine, but to let that criticism bleed into your players that have npothing to do with it, is BS..Thats why I get excited about every team every year, because you cant underestimate a team that may come together, play hard and tough, with some good coaching, they have nothing to do with the front office so why make them suffer in terms of a lack of support..??..disturbing from a fans perspective..

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,509 Fist Bumps in 11,347 Posts

Jennings..J nelson..Cobb..Driver...absolute top 10 receiver core, top 5 more like it.

Starter
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    127 Fist Bumps in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    I am not as down on our WRs as most. I think that Philbin has a vision for what he wants out of that group and its different that what many other teams want and what most fans are used to. I think that if you had asked most fans what they thought of GB's group a couple of seasons ago they would not have made many top 10 lists and quite a few bottom 10 lists. Here's a quote from Philbin regarding the GB WRs back in 2009:

"I'm not sitting here saying we've got five all-world receivers," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "There's some talent. I think there's five guys that at least played in some games and made some contributions."

That's hardly high praise and I expect we'll hear a similar quote about the Miami WRs in a a couple of months (except that we'll probably have 3 vets and 2 rooks). Two years later GB is talked about as one of the best in the league despite having no true #1 WR. He used a group of interchangeable #2s. I expect that Philbin is trying to replicate that here. IMO Hartline's skill set is very similar to what Philbin had in GB and that he . I don't think it's an coincidence that they're extending him. I know many here see Hartline as a low end #2, I just don't think Philbin agrees with that assessment. I also think that it's likely Philbin sees Bess as potentially a very productive wideout. I believe that in the right system Bess can be as productive as Welker is in NE. I don't expect that Philbin is looking for Bess to be a 100 reception guy, but I do think he reasonably sees Bess as a 70 reception WR. I also like what I see in Gates. I think he can be that 'stretch the field' element for us. IMO this draft is a very deep WR draft. There aren't a ton of #1s but there are multiple guys that fit what I think Philbin wants in a WR (especially in 3rd and 4th round range). I understand that fans want guys that are "proven", I just don't believe that exists when you move players into new systems. I'm an evaluator and I project what players will be in new systems. I can see why many will consider the WR corp poor. I'll wait to see what we have before the season, but IMO we are in a good spot to develop this WR group into something as effective as what GB's has become.

Sure we can develope them, let's just trade for Aaron Rodgers first
    2013 draft wish list (10/10/12)
    Round 1 - Keenan Allen - WR - Cal
    Round 2 - Kenny Vaccaro - FS - Texas
    Round 2 - Jordan Poyer - CB/KR - Oregon State
    Round 3 - Tank Carradine - DE - FSU
    Round 3 - Kevin Reddick - ILB - North Carolina

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    66 Fist Bumps in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Marino was viewed as one of if not the most talented QB comming out, he started 6 games into the season. And yes he was considered a starter and franchise QB. Shula drooled over the fact he was dropping and we had a shot at him. He guided Miami to the playoffs and was voted to the pro bowl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Marino

Like Weeden.....both will drop b/c of an "external issue" to their playing ability.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." -Charles Darwin

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,303 Fist Bumps in 1,543 Posts
    Blog Entries

round one=Tannehill
    rounds 2-3-3-4=best value on the board regardless of position
    plenty of OL & WR will be available, maybe one will fall right in the draft
    if not, pick & compete
    - Competition is the Elixir of Success -

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    31 Fist Bumps in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the 23rd View Post
    round one=Tannehill
    rounds 2-3-3-4=best value on the board regardless of position
    plenty of OL & WR will be available, maybe one will fall right in the draft
    if not, pick & compete
    I agree completely. Want Tannehill. Round two should be spent on a possible WR if he falls. Also hear that Nick Perry could fall to us. Which would be awesome! WRs I would like would be Criner (rd 3), Broyles (rd 4/5), Streeter (rd 5). Would also love Janoris Jankins with one of our 3rd rounders, but he just seems like a guy the Patriots will take in one of the first two rounds. A lineman like Massie in round 3 maybe. A safety would be nice too, but they're very thin. Maybe a guy like Brandon Taylor or Markelle Martin if either fall into the 5th or so.

Grabbing anyone of these guys would be amazing. Really like Criner, think he'll be a steal.