1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gruden QB Camp Videos

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ckparrothead, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Links put together by chrispepper at FinHeaven. I'm borrowing for here. I think these are great, whether you think Gruden is a joke or a football hero. By the way, I believe FFCA is Fired Former Coaches of America.

Andrew Luck Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAi...DvjVQa1PpcFO53-ymsInQCB8yk53hqAX3EDDgHJYznDU=
    Andrew Luck Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JorN...DvjVQa1PpcFO53-ymsInQCB8yk53hqAX3EDDgHJYznDU=
    Robert Griffin III - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyZE...DvjVQa1PpcFO53-ymsInQCB8yk53hqAX3EDDgHJYznDU=
    Brandon Weeden - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFGjqRawAs&feature=relmfu
    Brock Osweiler - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKGM9FCyxg&feature=youtu.be
    Russell Wilson -
    Kellen Moore -
    Kirk Cousins -
    Case Keenum -
    Nick Foles -
    Ryan Tannehill -

The Osweiler one is...interesting...I would say.

SMOKE, dolfan7171, Bulldog and 4 others like this.
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Links not working

3. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Like Clark said these links do not work.

4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
  5. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    The links work now I think.

6. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I couldn't tell if Brock was just playing it up, but man he seems like a douche. On the bright side he has one of the fastest releases I have seen in a long, long time.

7. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

So does Gruden produce the videos before or after the fellatio?

Bulldog, UCF FINatic and Nappy Roots like this.
  8. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    During :shifty:

9. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    BW was pure money! need to lland him at 2-8 wether we trade down or not....Hope we do trade down tho

10. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    If Weeden's is their guy we should grab him, but how nice would that be to grab the BPA at 8 and then get him in the 2nd. Probly too good to be true.

11. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    If Weeden's is their guy we should grab him, but how nice would that be to grab the BPA at 8 and then get him in the 2nd. Probly too good to be true.

12. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Brock: "... I'm not out to prove people wrong, but what I do know is that with my leadership, with my toughness, with my work ethic, I'm going to do everything within my power to prove those people wrong..."

13. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    In my perfect world we trade down with say Dallas and go
    Fleener in 1st
    Weeden and Curry in second
    WR say Childs and Iloka in the 3rd
    Streeter in the fourth
    Through the first 4 rounds we fill OLB/DE, TE, QB, 2WR and S.
    Dare to dream

Aquafin likes this.
  14. jazz

jazz Active Member

Mar 6, 2010
    if i have to hear gruden say spider 2 wide banana one more time i'm punching him in the junk. man is he smug.

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Remembering your lines can be a *****!

16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

Steve-Mo and emocomputerjock like this.
  17. Bofin

Bofin Member

Apr 22, 2008
    i like the weed and hope he ends up in miami,,, even if it means we take him at #8. 6-8 years of really good qb play is not bad value, the hell with his age he can sling it, he understands defense, and he is bright/can learn... took me til that interview to commit to it but i'm there now.

Aquafin likes this.
  18. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Me too.

Oh and I like Weeden.

thisperishedmin and Hiruma78 like this.
  19. Bofin

Bofin Member

Apr 22, 2008
    yeah,,, ha ha,,, a little distraction from the fact i am in favor of a 28 year old rookie qb,,, must be high huh??

20. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    This is what I got from the interviews:

Luck - Very much of the same mold as the Mannings. He could be a long-lost brother. He will fit very nicely in Indy (as far as the fans are concerned). He was comfortable in the interview. His acuity for football (and everything else, for that matter) is apparent. Good kid all-around. I think the way he will lead his team is somewhere between Eli and Peyton, meaning he is not as vocal as Peyton, but not as quiet as Eli. I wonder how he will handle the pressure of "replacing" Peyton in Indy? Will he play his game, or play by trying to replace Peyton?

Griffin III - Another good kid. He is a willing pupil, and seems to have a slight chip on his shoulder (but in a good way). Genuinely respectful. He is extremely confident in his ability (on the field, and off). He lives for the challenge and will put in the work to succeed. He has the qualities of a natural leader, but I wonder how quickly he will grow out of the "kid" and into a man? Engaging charisma.

Weeden
    - Laid back kind of guy (can't call him kid because we're about the same age) who has a good attitude about his situation. Has experienced "life" and has his second chance, which will help him transition nicely. Plays football "naturally". In other words, it is not about the X's and O's, but rather, who is open. Reminds me a little of Marino in that regard. A guy's guy. I think he would fit in nicely in any locker room. I wonder if he can pick up a playbook quickly enough to succeed if he starts/plays as a rookie?

Osweiler
    - Is this guy running for office?? Obviously trying to sell himself, which comes off as flaky. I do not think he is a "plug and play" guy. I think he has to be in the right situation in order for him to succeed. I think he expects to do well. I am very curious about the true back-story to his decision to not play basketball at Gonzaga. Worked his way up the ladder to start at ASU. This experience will certainly have to be his rock as he transitions into the league. Very much the wild-card of this foursome.

21. bakedmatt

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    He should grow a beard.

22. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Fair assessment. Osweiler is certainly the wild card of the four since he is the only one not a true 1st round prospect. Maybe some would say that Weeden isn't, but discount the age and he absolutely is. Osweiler I think warrants a 3rd round grade, maybe a team that really likes him would be willing to give a late 2nd.

23. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    According to my Directv guide, there is no episode for Ryan Tannehill. He must be online only. Says a lot about that if it is true. I mean projected 3rd, 4th, and UDFA are getting on air tv time and Tannehill isn't getting any love. Maybe it hasn't made it to the guides yet, but I am DVR'ing the entire series and his episode isn't on the queue.

24. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    HAHA...I was about to write, "Brock needs a better writer!"

25. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Meh...I wouldn't use who is on ESPN's TV show to decide who's a 1st round QB and who isn't.

26. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Haha poor kid he is trying hard to sell himself there.
    He does have the size advatage and if he fills out some he could be a big QB.

27. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    He already is a big QB, problem is he might not be a very smart QB. I think that's what the Gruden video sort of emphasizes when they bring up examples of plays where he just forgets to wave this guy in motion, or doesn't notice that he's got the wrong personnel, forgets which pass he should be throwing, etc. Clearly has the enthusiasm, but his attention to detail has not been good.

28. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Osweiler to me is a very confident kid with talent ..... who had NO idea what's in store for him at the next level. Three guys to take him down? Please, I can hear Mario Williams now going, "Challenge accepted."

The thing for this kid will be how he responds once he's humbled at the NFL level, and make no mistake, he is going to be humbled. He will get his bell rung, he'll throw a few picks, and maybe a couple pick six's early on, but how will he learn from these experiences?

If he improves from them, gets a little more grounded in his value of himself, while still remaining confident, he could be an elite QB in a few years. Or, he could descend into Ryan Leaf territory. And I challenge anyone who thinks they know with any grade of certainty which way he will go. That said, if he's still sitting there early in the third round, and we still need a QB, that's probably the right time to take a chance on a guy like this!

29. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think that's something I would emphasize as well.

Cam Newton also came off at times like he was trying too hard, scripted. But he was just trying to get his personality to be as big as the moment. I mean, that guy was so talented and such a ridiculous gamer, he had a destiny. Brock Osweiler doesn't have the same destiny. How well is this shtick going to work when he's sitting the bench and forgetting all the details in practice, trying to get by on enthusiasm rather than brains or attention to detail? I think it'll get old, and so the environment around him will not be as rewarding as what Cam Newton has, which is nothing from support from his teammates because he's out there playing excellent football and either winning games or coming damn close.

30. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    I'm very leery of Osweiler. I don't see a kid with QB skills that will translate to a good NFL QB. Also, and not to change the subject, but I'm also not sold on Newton. Yes, he had arguably the greatest rookie season ever for an NFL QB. However, he's not that bright (going off of his past here) and I'm not sure if he can develop into the type of QB that can change his game in order to fool defenses. NFL coaches will find his weaknesses and if he can't change it up, he'll be a flash in the pan.

RedPitSea likes this.
  31. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I love how they all take notes! That's so absurd. You think Andrew Luck saved his notes and reads them every once in a while, you know, just to remember all the sage wisdom Gruden has bestowed upon him. I bet these guys throw that paper in the trash!

Seriously though, I enjoy these videos. Its nice when ESPN focuses on actual X's and O's.

32. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    LOL yeah the notes thing is weird. But in Osweiler's case I thought it was good because:

1. I think Osweiler genuinely didn't realize that being tall means that all the defenders get a much better look at your eyes
    2. Osweiler is a big fan of motivational quotes, and so I think he really will remember, "Potential just means you haven't done it yet"

In Weeden's case Gruden tried to get Brandon to write something inane down and it was like, "Are you serious? Where's my pen (Christ, what a pain)." I was laughing.

I thought Osweiler did really well on the whiteboard. He comes off sometimes as unintelligent but I think he knows his football X's and O's. I just think what he lacks is attention to detail in the moment, which you saw in the mistakes Gruden brought up, because he's unable to keep himself calm. He ends up skipping important steps and taking shortcuts.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  33. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2012-Grudens-QB-Camp-sched.pdf

April 24th, 5PM.
    Google is your friend.

CANEPHINS and LandShark13 like this.
  34. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

Brock strikes me as a guy who has survived on his football instinct/gifts and hasn't really needed to work hard.

It's how he responds to pressure and why he decided to leave early. Neither are good.

I kinda interested on why Ryan Lindley isn't in "QB Camp"

funkdat and DolfanTom like this.
  35. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    As far as the proving people wrong quote, he said it weird but it was obvious to me what he meant. That he doesn't make it his #1 priority to care about proving people wrong, but that he is going to.

Gruden was creeping me out a bit too when Osweiler said "That fires me up" and then Gruden sinks back into his chair and says softly "Yeah you like that?"

36. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    The more I think about it the more I think we are in the ideal position to pick Brandon Weeden. We can trade back this year, try our best to pick up an additional 1st next year and possibly another 3rd this year.

If we trade back behind number 22 the Browns will probably take Tannehill then we could either pick Weeden with our first or sit tight and pick him with our 2nd round pick. Then this season you let Weeden battle it out with Moore. If Weeden does really well you have your next QB for the next 7 years. If he flops or just does average you can try your best to trade up next year for Barkley (you could trade our 1st, the 1st we got by trading down this year, the 3rd we got from the Bears and possibly a future 1st).

37. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Not many QBs are productive through the age if 37

38. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I would love any scenario that gets us weeden. I like him alot more than tannehill

funkdat likes this.
  39. bakedmatt

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Now, I feel bad for him. DAMMIT!

40. Bofin

Bofin Member

Apr 22, 2008
    would really like this scenario,,, but i don't think weeden makes it to our pick in the 2nd round,,, hope i'm wrong