1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elliot Harrison Draft Do-Over

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dol Fan99, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Dol Fan99

Dol Fan99 Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    heres a 2007 draft do-over that I thought was pretty cool... lets hope we dont have another draft like this ever again, ridiculous

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0900...in-2007-draft-redo?module=HP11_content_stream

2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The Ginn lovers arent going to want to hear that.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    The Quinn lovers dont wanna talk about it. (90% of you)

Tone_E, Bulldog and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  4. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    There Are Ginn lovers?

5. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yes, our 2007 draft sucked. This is not news.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Effing Ireland!!! How did he blow that draft so bad for us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

We should protest.

Lemme guess the Ireland lovers are gonna blame that on Parcells, right?!?!?!?!?

What?

7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The Quinn lovers realize that the guy we wanted is crap.
    The Ginn lovers still think there is a chance for Ginn to be somewhat bad, instead of complete crap.

8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    How is that love?

9. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

My goodness, how is this anything anyone would contemplate. What a waste of time.

gafinfan likes this.
  10. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    After all Ireland had complete control wasn't he the Florida dictator at the time.

I do thank Ginn for making those Jet games bearable. To bad he couldn't catch unless we were playing the Jets.

Bulldog and Fin D like this.
  11. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I still remember the stupid press conference Cam Cameron had to announce Ginn and his whole family being drafted. If I remember right he mainly talked about Ginn being a good return man and developing into a good WR. I remember the audience loudly booing Cameron and the Ginn pick.

Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller take responsibility for the Ted Ginn pick.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Nobody is pretending Ginn was a good pick, but picking Quinn would've been much worse.

And I remember almost everyone getting a hard on for Quinn, and then Quinn nation hated Ginn automatically because of it. He contributed to the Dolphins a helluva lot more than Jason Allen did and they were 7 picks from eachother.

Ginn deserved the hate no question, but Jason Allen deserved a lot more and the biggest reason people loved trashing Ginn more than Allen? It stemmed from the initial reaction of passing on their beloved Quinn. The most accurate thing anyone couldve said at the time was....they all suck.

Bulldog likes this.
  13. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I'd still take a flyer on Quinn....

14. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Interesting, but I can promise you the Lions would not take Peterson over Revis or Willis.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I think it's kind of sad what you're trying to do here.

16. MAFishFan

MAFishFan Team Tannehill

Sep 20, 2011
    Massachusetts
    quinn or ginn, either way it wouldn't have mattered...i'd have rather taken the shot on a qb over a wr, but in the end both failed so who cares?..that's like picking the skinniest girl in the fat girl competition

17. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I don't see how that draft is worse than Chicago's.
    Ted Ginn - we got a decent KR/PR but that;s something you invest a 6th round pick in.
    John Beck is a backup QB. Not a total whiff
    Samson Satele is still starting in the league
    Lorenzo Booker is back in the league ... as another freaking KR/PR guy
    Paul Soliali is a very good DT
    Reagen Maui'a basically kicked around the league as a backup/practice squad guy for a few years, which for a 6th rounder is about par for the course
    Drew Mormino - got cut, not surprising for a 6th rounder
    Kelvin Smith - bounced around a few practice squads, again which is what happens to most 7th rounders
    Brandon Fields - we picked up an extremely good punter.

I've seen worse drafts, like the '07 Bears or the '06 Dolphins.

If one of the top 4 picks had been a star we'd be talking about how good this draft was.
    In some ways if you take away hindsight I still like the Ted Ginn pick, the man has speed that is otherworldly. He just didn't have the courage to take the hits that you need to make the big plays in the NFL on a consistent basis, which isn't something you can really tell from college games because his athletic advantage was big enough in college that he could make plays without getting hit.

Bulldog likes this.
  18. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Your...common...sense...is...making...my...head...hurt!

Somewhere along the line someone got into Ginn's head about taking hits. I mean, I can't blame a guy for wanting to protect himself, but he turned into a raging coward. It's one thing to flinch or aligator arm it when you're 180 lbs coming across the middle, but when you refuse to even get tackled and run out of bounds instead...well, you shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

19. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Ginn helped us beat the Jets twice, that alone was worth it.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  20. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    i wanted patrick willis from ole miss. I didn't mind the ginn pick only because it meant we weren't gonna waste 3 years on quinn but the ginn pick made me realize cam cameron wouldn't be around much longer. I think the only WR taken in the top ten under 6 foot? holy **** what an idiot cameron was. This is why I still have faith that flacco can be a good qb if cameron leaves sooner rather than later.

lets all agree on something, ginn was worth the pick just to embarass the jets.

21. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Guilty as charged.

22. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The only crap is what you're spewing. Ginn did a fine job returning punts and kicks for the 49ers last year. Anyone who thinks we couldn't have benefited from him doing the same for us is a blind fool.

Yeah he was overdrafted. Was that his fault? Is that a reason to hate him? Not for any sane rational person.
    I don't hate him. I don't love him. Why does it have to be either extreme? I can see he is one of the better combination punt/kick returners in the league and well worth more than the 5th round pick we got in return.

Fin-Omenal and Tone_E like this.
  23. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The crazy thing about that draft is we still have two starters from it on the team. We only have 1 starter left from the 2008 draft (Long) and only two guys left from that draft on the team (Merling).

And had we kept Samson Satele (NOT A PARCELLS PROTOTYPE DERP) we wouldn't have had to use a 1st Rounder on Mike Pouncey.

24. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'm guessing nobody would have mentioned Ireland in this thread if you hadn't. But keep stirring the pot and creating controversy where it shouldn't exist.

25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    i agree. We haven't drafted well. I was also the most vocal poster against Parcells when it was said he was coming here. I got swept away by 11-5 and fell for it hook line and sinker. Which is why I'm adamant now, about Ireland needing a couple of seasons away from the The Big Fupa, before I'll pass judgement either way. I don't want to get caught up in the silliness anymore.

26. Dol Fan99

Dol Fan99 Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA

haha if you like having a team filled with "not a total whiff" back ups, then sure this draft wasnt bad at all but cmon now.. who are you trying to kid here other than yourself? you make it as if drafting a good kr/pr with the 9th overall pick and a back up qb, at most, in the second round wasnt a bad thing. we drafted one player that year

27. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Sigh.
    Did I say that this was a good draft? Did I say that drafting a return guy with the 9th overall was a good thing or did I say that it was a pick that should have been made in the 6th round?

My point was simply that it wasn't the worst draft of any team in 2007, and not as bad as our 2006 draft.
    We drafted a perfectly serviceable centre, who who gave away for next to nothing because we changed our scheme. Most 2nd round and later QBs end up being backups so despite hoping that John Beck would be the second coming of Dan Marino the realistic expectation that a career backup what you get with 2nd round QB.

The failure of the '05 and '06 drafts hurt us more than the '07 draft.

28. Dol Fan99

Dol Fan99 Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Yes I see what youre saying.. my point is that theres no way to come out of that draft with any positives, but i guess there has been worse for us

quite frankly, the failure of most of our drafts after round 1 have hurt us.. but id say last year wasnt too shabby, jimmy wilson is a good young player, daniel thomas seems like he will be a great rb soon enough, gates can be very beneficial with his speed, and charles clay is a great playmaker and athlete... not bad

Pauly likes this.
  29. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Redo drafts are like *******s every nfl analyst has one.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012