Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Elliot Harrison Draft Do-Over

  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    221
    Fist Bumps
    37
    My Posts Inspired:
    76 Fist Bumps in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Elliot Harrison Draft Do-Over

    heres a 2007 draft do-over that I thought was pretty cool... lets hope we dont have another draft like this ever again, ridiculous

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...content_stream

    Ginn had two great kick returns versus the Jets in 2009 -- and that's about it. John Beck, the club's second-round pick, did nothing in a Miami uniform, which is why the team flirted with both
    Peyton Manning
    and
    Matt Flynn
    this offseason. Other than defensive tackle
    Paul Soliai
    and punter
    Brandon Fields
    , every other player taken in that draft is no longer a Miami Dolphin: Ginn, Beck,
    Samson Satele
    ,
    Lorenzo Booker
    , Reagan Mauia, Drew Mormino,
    Kelvin Smith
    , and Abraham Wright.

  2. #2
    U Mad Miami?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Miami FL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    39,549
    Fist Bumps
    21,526
    My Posts Inspired:
    10,788 Fist Bumps in 5,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    960

    Default

    The Ginn lovers arent going to want to hear that.
    http://i.imgur.com/OrydD22.png

    Quote Originally Posted by MonstBlitz View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

  3. #3
    Initiated Fin-Omenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Age
    34
    Posts
    31,373
    Fist Bumps
    14,664
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,182 Fist Bumps in 4,771 Posts
    Rep Power
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frumundah Finnatic View Post
    The Ginn lovers arent going to want to hear that.
    The Quinn lovers dont wanna talk about it. (90% of you)

  4. These 3 users offered FIST BUMPS to Fin-Omenal for a solid post:


  5. #4
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    931
    Fist Bumps
    451
    My Posts Inspired:
    127 Fist Bumps in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frumundah Finnatic View Post
    The Ginn lovers arent going to want to hear that.
    There Are Ginn lovers?
    2013 draft wish list (10/10/12)
    Round 1 - Keenan Allen - WR - Cal
    Round 2 - Kenny Vaccaro - FS - Texas
    Round 2 - Jordan Poyer - CB/KR - Oregon State
    Round 3 - Tank Carradine - DE - FSU
    Round 3 - Kevin Reddick - ILB - North Carolina

  6. #5
    'Parcells' Guy GARDENHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,578
    Fist Bumps
    2,870
    My Posts Inspired:
    4,219 Fist Bumps in 1,733 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Yes, our 2007 draft sucked. This is not news.

  7. #6
    The Twisted Spork of Doom Jigsaw: Cherry Tomatoes Champion Atomica Champion Fin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    55,532
    Fist Bumps
    25,826
    My Posts Inspired:
    24,630 Fist Bumps in 10,428 Posts
    Rep Power
    1934

    Default

    Effing Ireland!!! How did he blow that draft so bad for us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    We should protest.

    Lemme guess the Ireland lovers are gonna blame that on Parcells, right?!?!?!?!?


    ......



    ......




    .......

    What?
    The Awesome Tree is as follows (and is inarguable):
    The Shat > Jack Palance > Samuel L. Jackson > Art Donovan > Bruce Campbell > Snoop Dog > Elvis > Chuck Norris > The Hoff




  8. These 8 users offered FIST BUMPS to Fin D for a solid post:


  9. #7
    U Mad Miami?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Miami FL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    39,549
    Fist Bumps
    21,526
    My Posts Inspired:
    10,788 Fist Bumps in 5,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fin-Omenal View Post
    The Quinn lovers dont wanna talk about it. (90% of you)
    The Quinn lovers realize that the guy we wanted is crap.
    The Ginn lovers still think there is a chance for Ginn to be somewhat bad, instead of complete crap.
    http://i.imgur.com/OrydD22.png

    Quote Originally Posted by MonstBlitz View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

  10. #8
    I drink your milkshake! Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,635
    Fist Bumps
    2,377
    My Posts Inspired:
    11,138 Fist Bumps in 6,040 Posts
    Rep Power
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frumundah Finnatic View Post
    The Quinn lovers realize that the guy we wanted is crap.
    The Ginn lovers still think there is a chance for Ginn to be somewhat bad, instead of complete crap.
    How is that love?

  11. #9
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy smahtaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in a van down by the river.
    Posts
    7,862
    Fist Bumps
    5,247
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,089 Fist Bumps in 975 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    236

    Default

    My goodness, how is this anything anyone would contemplate. What a waste of time.


    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

  12. This Member gave smahtaz a FIST BUMP for this post:


  13. #10
    Meet the Kraken xphinfanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,411
    Fist Bumps
    4,986
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,844 Fist Bumps in 1,026 Posts
    Rep Power
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finascious D View Post
    Effing Ireland!!! How did he blow that draft so bad for us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    We should protest.

    Lemme guess the Ireland lovers are gonna blame that on Parcells, right?!?!?!?!?


    ......



    ......




    .......

    What?
    After all Ireland had complete control wasn't he the Florida dictator at the time.

    I do thank Ginn for making those Jet games bearable. To bad he couldn't catch unless we were playing the Jets.
    That's why they play the games!

  14. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to xphinfanx for a solid post:


  15. #11
    Senior Member Onehondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Posts
    2,538
    Fist Bumps
    718
    My Posts Inspired:
    820 Fist Bumps in 529 Posts
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    I still remember the stupid press conference Cam Cameron had to announce Ginn and his whole family being drafted. If I remember right he mainly talked about Ginn being a good return man and developing into a good WR. I remember the audience loudly booing Cameron and the Ginn pick.


    Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller take responsibility for the Ted Ginn pick.

  16. #12
    Initiated Fin-Omenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Age
    34
    Posts
    31,373
    Fist Bumps
    14,664
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,182 Fist Bumps in 4,771 Posts
    Rep Power
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frumundah Finnatic View Post
    The Quinn lovers realize that the guy we wanted is crap.
    The Ginn lovers still think there is a chance for Ginn to be somewhat bad, instead of complete crap.
    Nobody is pretending Ginn was a good pick, but picking Quinn would've been much worse.

    And I remember almost everyone getting a hard on for Quinn, and then Quinn nation hated Ginn automatically because of it. He contributed to the Dolphins a helluva lot more than Jason Allen did and they were 7 picks from eachother.

    Ginn deserved the hate no question, but Jason Allen deserved a lot more and the biggest reason people loved trashing Ginn more than Allen? It stemmed from the initial reaction of passing on their beloved Quinn. The most accurate thing anyone couldve said at the time was....they all suck.

  17. This Member gave Fin-Omenal a FIST BUMP for this post:


  18. #13
    Premium Member DonShula84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,392
    Fist Bumps
    1,671
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,503 Fist Bumps in 2,195 Posts
    Rep Power
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fin-Omenal View Post
    Nobody is pretending Ginn was a good pick, but picking Quinn would've been much worse.

    And I remember almost everyone getting a hard on for Quinn, and then Quinn nation hated Ginn automatically because of it. He contributed to the Dolphins a helluva lot more than Jason Allen did and they were 7 picks from eachother.

    Ginn deserved the hate no question, but Jason Allen deserved a lot more and the biggest reason people loved trashing Ginn more than Allen? It stemmed from the initial reaction of passing on their beloved Quinn. The most accurate thing anyone couldve said at the time was....they all suck.
    I'd still take a flyer on Quinn....

  19. #14
    Season Ticket Holder sports24/7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,321
    Fist Bumps
    6,777
    My Posts Inspired:
    5,085 Fist Bumps in 2,426 Posts
    Rep Power
    419

    Default

    Interesting, but I can promise you the Lions would not take Peterson over Revis or Willis.
    Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

  20. #15
    'Parcells' Guy
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,149
    Fist Bumps
    5,093
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,403 Fist Bumps in 2,029 Posts
    Rep Power
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frumundah Finnatic View Post
    The Quinn lovers realize that the guy we wanted is crap.
    The Ginn lovers still think there is a chance for Ginn to be somewhat bad, instead of complete crap.
    I think it's kind of sad what you're trying to do here.

  21. #16
    'Parcells' Guy MAFishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,804
    Fist Bumps
    2,327
    My Posts Inspired:
    306 Fist Bumps in 165 Posts
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    quinn or ginn, either way it wouldn't have mattered...i'd have rather taken the shot on a qb over a wr, but in the end both failed so who cares?..that's like picking the skinniest girl in the fat girl competition

  22. #17
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,413
    Fist Bumps
    168
    My Posts Inspired:
    550 Fist Bumps in 308 Posts
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    I don't see how that draft is worse than Chicago's.
    Ted Ginn - we got a decent KR/PR but that;s something you invest a 6th round pick in.
    John Beck is a backup QB. Not a total whiff
    Samson Satele is still starting in the league
    Lorenzo Booker is back in the league ... as another freaking KR/PR guy
    Paul Soliali is a very good DT
    Reagen Maui'a basically kicked around the league as a backup/practice squad guy for a few years, which for a 6th rounder is about par for the course
    Drew Mormino - got cut, not surprising for a 6th rounder
    Kelvin Smith - bounced around a few practice squads, again which is what happens to most 7th rounders
    Brandon Fields - we picked up an extremely good punter.

    I've seen worse drafts, like the '07 Bears or the '06 Dolphins.

    If one of the top 4 picks had been a star we'd be talking about how good this draft was.
    In some ways if you take away hindsight I still like the Ted Ginn pick, the man has speed that is otherworldly. He just didn't have the courage to take the hits that you need to make the big plays in the NFL on a consistent basis, which isn't something you can really tell from college games because his athletic advantage was big enough in college that he could make plays without getting hit.

  23. This Member gave Pauly a FIST BUMP for this post:


  24. #18
    Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    984
    Fist Bumps
    514
    My Posts Inspired:
    153 Fist Bumps in 96 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    I don't see how that draft is worse than Chicago's.
    Ted Ginn - we got a decent KR/PR but that;s something you invest a 6th round pick in.
    John Beck is a backup QB. Not a total whiff
    Samson Satele is still starting in the league
    Lorenzo Booker is back in the league ... as another freaking KR/PR guy
    Paul Soliali is a very good DT
    Reagen Maui'a basically kicked around the league as a backup/practice squad guy for a few years, which for a 6th rounder is about par for the course
    Drew Mormino - got cut, not surprising for a 6th rounder
    Kelvin Smith - bounced around a few practice squads, again which is what happens to most 7th rounders
    Brandon Fields - we picked up an extremely good punter.

    I've seen worse drafts, like the '07 Bears or the '06 Dolphins.

    If one of the top 4 picks had been a star we'd be talking about how good this draft was.
    In some ways if you take away hindsight I still like the Ted Ginn pick, the man has speed that is otherworldly. He just didn't have the courage to take the hits that you need to make the big plays in the NFL on a consistent basis, which isn't something you can really tell from college games because his athletic advantage was big enough in college that he could make plays without getting hit.
    Your...common...sense...is...making...my...head... hurt!

    Somewhere along the line someone got into Ginn's head about taking hits. I mean, I can't blame a guy for wanting to protect himself, but he turned into a raging coward. It's one thing to flinch or aligator arm it when you're 180 lbs coming across the middle, but when you refuse to even get tackled and run out of bounds instead...well, you shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

  25. #19
    Giggity Chopper Challenge Champion Tarakan Champion Kill The Wabbits - Winter Edition Champion Apple Puff Pastry Champion Plumet 2 Champion invasion Champion Valentine Hearts Champion Wack A Mole Champion Kokak! Champion Fruitshock Champion Fillerz Champion Alchemyst Champion Click Bots Champion Pair Mania - Politics Champion Doodle Hop Champion Archery Training Champion War of the Words Champion Baby Stacker Champion Computer Acronym Quiz Champion Silencing Champion Bomber Chomp Champion Beauty Crazy Spot V2 Champion Color Breaker Champion byroan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,818
    Fist Bumps
    1,294
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,906 Fist Bumps in 3,621 Posts
    Rep Power
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frumundah Finnatic View Post
    The Quinn lovers realize that the guy we wanted is crap.
    The Ginn lovers still think there is a chance for Ginn to be somewhat bad, instead of complete crap.
    Ginn helped us beat the Jets twice, that alone was worth it.

  26. This Member gave byroan a FIST BUMP for this post:


  27. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    524
    Fist Bumps
    75
    My Posts Inspired:
    70 Fist Bumps in 47 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i wanted patrick willis from ole miss. I didn't mind the ginn pick only because it meant we weren't gonna waste 3 years on quinn but the ginn pick made me realize cam cameron wouldn't be around much longer. I think the only WR taken in the top ten under 6 foot? holy **** what an idiot cameron was. This is why I still have faith that flacco can be a good qb if cameron leaves sooner rather than later.


    lets all agree on something, ginn was worth the pick just to embarass the jets.

Similar Threads

  1. Rodney Harrison on NBC
    By steveincolorado in forum Other NFL
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
  2. Colts set to release WR Harrison
    By Jackson in forum Other NFL
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 01:06 PM
  3. How well do we really know the distant Harrison?
    By ATVZ400 in forum Other NFL
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •