Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Jerry Jones, Charley Casserly and Gil Brandt come to defense of Ireland and Ross

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,897 Fist Bumps in 1,120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToddsPhins View Post
    Exactly, you can't. Why do we have to prove he's a good GM when we're not saying he is or isn't one? But like my momma always told me "Ignance is ignance, no sense arguin with it".

7-9, 7-9, 6-10 is simply a correlation. There's absolutely no causation there.

How did Burnett play once he got settled into a new defense thanks to a shortened offseason? Did the defense begin creating more plays than it did with Crowder?
    How did Matt Moore play compared to the rest of the guys available? Did he exceed your expectations?
    Did Daboll seem like an improvement over Henning? In my eyes he sure as heck did.

So you liked the Reggie Bush signing, and the drafting of Clay and Pouncey. That's 2 of our 4 picks through 6 rounds. What about Jimmy Wilson? Was he a 7th round find? You didn't like the Gates pick (a guy who many thought had 2nd round potential and greater upside than Johnny Knox but we got in the 4th round)? Do you understand that he's from a small school and as such would likely require a few years of developing and growing accustomed to the faster game speed? Do you also understand that Daniel Thomas needs some developing as well since he was more raw at the position than most?

By my accounts, not one of his 2011 moves has proven to be a bust, and the ones with question marks still have the potential to turn out good. Judging a player as bust or success after his rookie year is really quite silly and unfair b/c that's not the standard the NFL holds.
    It's a direct correlation to the front office being bad at their jobs. Parcells, Ireland, Aponte, they all suck.

I never said anything about anybody being a bust. I said they sucked last year, which is fact. I'm not waiting around for Ireland to ruin a few more drafts to see that's for sure. And it works both ways. Reggie Bush had a good year last year, but that could easily be nothing but a fluke looking at the rest of his career. Then what? Did the defense create more plays than with Crowder? I would say no. We had the same amount of takeaways last year, and only 2 less sacks. Burnett sucked for most of the year, and made one big play all year. Huge disappointment, certainly overpaid as of right now.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,897 Fist Bumps in 1,120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Ok. They were better. But they didn't take away the ball. According to your logic, they're mediocre.
    They were much better in scoring defense, as I pointed out, and much better in pass defense. Yea they couldn't take the ball away, but they were still a top 10 defense in my opinion. Probably closer to that 10. While I'd put Miami around 15th. So Pittsburgh wasn't that far off from mediocre, as evidenced by the playoffs.

'Parcells' Guy
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,403 Fist Bumps in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    They were much better in scoring defense, as I pointed out, and much better in pass defense. Yea they couldn't take the ball away, but they were still a top 10 defense in my opinion. Probably closer to that 10. While I'd put Miami around 15th. So Pittsburgh wasn't that far off from mediocre, as evidenced by the playoffs.
    I can't agree with that but to each their own.

I drink your milkshake! Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    11,429 Fist Bumps in 6,181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MonstBlitz View Post
    Me personally, the fact that Andy Dalton did what he did as a rookie more than makes up for the difference in QBR. Also considering Matt Moore's career rating is approx. 77, I like the upside of the rookie.
    Career rating is 80.1