1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No love for Moore?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by OkiePhin, Apr 6, 2012.

1. OkiePhin

OkiePhin Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
  2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    LOL at Henne and Moore being 31 and 32. *Sigh* Those rankings just about sum up my frustration with the Miami Dolphins.

Moore had a nice 9 game stretch against some weak opponents in meaningless games, but has yet to prove he can win against elite teams. He withered against the Cowboys and Pats last year. I think he is what he is, a solid backup.

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I like Moore. In fact, I was one of the few who praised his signing last season, but he has not shown the ability to make plays when things break down. Last season our pass blocking improved towards the end of the season and he showed the ability to pass well from a clean pocket. That allowed him to put up stats and you can win in the regular season with that level of QB. But that isn't a QB that will carry a team, a QB that will win in the playoffs against the better defenses that disrupt your offense more regularly. I think he's a little low on that list (I actually disagreed with much of it), but we'll need an upgrade before we become relevant again.

4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    LOL at andrew luck at 16 and griffin at 22 already. This article is a joke.

Agua, gunn34, padre31 and 1 other person like this.
  5. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I might flip him with John Skelton but that's about where I think he projects.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  6. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    One thing you have to keep in mind is I think this is purely from a Fantasy standpoint. The Jags and Dolphins, at least on paper, project to have poor offenses. Ergo, Henne and Moore near the bottom.

Aquafin likes this.
  7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Agua, gunn34, Ozzy and 2 others like this.
  8. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I agree on the joke part.
    Big Ben at number 3 is a joke to me. He is good but number 3?
    We could have spent 10 mil and jumped up to 29 with Flynn lol.

9. MrClean

At Dallas he passed for 288 yds, 9 yards per attempt, and a 99.5 passer rating.
    At New England, he passed for 281 yds, 8.8 yards per attempt, and a 98.6 passer rating.

Yeah, he really fell apart.

jdang307, gunn34 and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  10. MrClean

If I may, I was suggesting he'd be a good signing for us back in May 2011.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  11. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think this list is more along the lines of trying to get clicks through antagonism than anything.

12. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You're a smart guy. Smart enough to know what the definition of "wither" is, I assume.

Also, as I stated earlier, this is article based on Fantasy Rankings.

13. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    He had multiple chances to win the Dallas game. It shouldn't have been left up to the defense. He also had a big fumble in that game.

jdang307 likes this.
  14. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I don't think this is a fantasy standpoint based on the Brees write up -

I'm not sure I agree with Moore and Henne at the bottom, but bottom half of the league absolutely. And some of you wonder why the fact we have retained Ireland makes me sick to my stomach. The last starting QB of this team and the current (projected) starter rank near the bottom. Jeff Ireland does not perceive the QB position as critical. That won't change as long as he's the GM.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  15. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Damn, maybe you're right. Supposedly Jason Smith is a "Fantasy Analyst" and a lot of the write-ups sound like he's going that route.

16. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, MMoore was Top 15, granted at the back end of the list.

Putting RG3 and Luck over anyone is pure NFL media chowder head bunkum.

first&goal likes this.
  17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Takes a team, Dolfans are so mental about the offense some overlook the fact the D blew 4 4th qtr leads and lost 4 other games by 12 points or more.

xphinfanx likes this.
  18. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    He should've handled that one.

19. MrClean

I know the definition of wither. It didn't fit Moore in those two games, so I cannot assume you know the definition however.

20. MrClean

Passer rating, Moore was 12th. PFF rated him 9th. For YPA he was 16th.

first&goal and xphinfanx like this.
  21. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    He put up 19 points against Dallas, and missed numerous chances to put the game away. He didn't do much of anything in the second half against New England. I could throw in the Giants game as well.

22. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't buy into the whole "D Blew leads" thing. You can't expect the defense to hold every lead. At some point, you need to score points. The defense was 6th in PPG last year, so a 6-10 record means the offense was downright horrible.

23. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Of course, that would then require to examine facts, be objective, and come to well thought out conclusion.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  24. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Which are quite decent numbers for basically his first full year as a starter in the NFL.

The thing I prefer about Garrard over MMoore is his running ability and I think he is a bit more accurate.

25. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    29) Matt Flynn, Seattle Seahawks: He could be higher on this list, but how am I seriously supposed to gauge a guy with two NFL starts in a four-year career?

The same way you judge two QBs that haven't even been drafted yet!

16) Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts: Yes, I'm projecting his selection by the Colts at No. 1. (Pretty bold!) He's not this highly rated for no reason, guys. And you'd take him and his potential for the 2012 season over anyone else between here and 32.

21) Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins: Projecting his selection at No. 2 by Washington. You can't just say he's the next Cam Newton, but you can't say he isn't either. If I thought he would throw for a high completion percentage right off the bat, I'd have him just behind Luck.

These two may be great but save the credit until they have at least taken a snap in the NFL. Of course he probably gave the same type of credit to Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith.

Aqua4Ever04 and padre31 like this.
  26. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I like Moore because it allows Miami to draft a young QB that needs a year or two. Moore is a good enough quarterback.

27. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Moore is good enough. For now!!

28. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Me too. As long as he's not viewed as a long term solution. And if we draft a Tannehill / Weeden, I'd let up on a lot of my criticism of Jeffry. But something tells me he's going to stick to his "vision" and not touch a QB this draft or at least not pick one till the bottom half of the draft.

29. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    As much as I hate Ireland as a GM, I don't think he ever viewed Moore as the long term solution. The problem is I don't think he has a long term solution. God I hope I'm wrong.

30. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I believe if Moore was considered a long term solution he would have recieved a new contract and David Garrard would not have been signed.

31. southbeachbeast

southbeachbeast New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    man when did people get so stupid???? It seem like no one even watches the games anymore just red zone channel. fantasy football really has taken down IQs. You guys do realize that last year we only lost 1 game by more than 3 that Moore started and finished. and the other games we lost @ NYG by 3, @ NE by 3, @ Dal by 1. And that was in a lock out year with a new offense to learn and he was our back up. How many reps you think he got with the 1st team????? And that was with Colombo starting at RT, Brandon Marshall would have been a better Right Tackle than that joke. People have 0 patience now a days for real. Every signing needs to be a franchise QB, u guys realize theres 53 players on a roster. We had the #3 run defense in NFL last year, and just hired a D co. who specializes in creating turnovers with the secondary (look up his record) which has really been our only real problem on D the last couple years. and our offensive and head coaching is going to be 10 times better this year which makes a huge difference. Im tired of all these whiny fans just looking for stuff to complain about. How many ppl said we would go 11-5 the year after 1-15?????

MrClean likes this.
  32. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011

where's the stat for dropped snaps, not knowing the snap count and blundered red zone opportunities?

how can u defend his performace in the dallas game?

33. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    We lost 24-6 to the Jets, 26-10 against the Eagles. Also, in Moore's 6 losses, the offense scored the following: 6, 15, 17, 19, 10 and 24 points, respectively.

34. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    and if the list is about fantasy numbers, moore and henne belong at the bottom. neither should be drafted in standard scoring one qb leagues. period.

hell only the first 12 actually matter

35. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I seem to recall him missing a huge play (I can't remember the exact play, it may be a run for first down but he decided to pass it and missed) at the end. He's not fully to blame, but partially.

36. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    this was why i have been praying for the dolphins to get some real good receivers and a couple more tightends . i am intreaged about our running game I AGREE with you on this and on paper we dont look good .

37. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dallas gm was the one with the botched snap that led to a cheapy Cowboys Td.

38. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Moore is what he is. He is a very good backup QB who can come in and led his team to victories against the other bad to mediocre teams in the NFL. That is about it. He certainly isn't the type QB who is going to lead a team on a playoff run.

While I have my negative view regarding Ireland and Ross, I did agree with them when they stated after the season that the number one priority of the Dolphins should be to upgrade the QB play on the team. Unfortunately Manning decided to go play with the Broncos and Luck and RG3 are destined to play elsewhere. Garrard is no upgrade and Moore will be good for 5-6 victories this coming season. I suspect the Dolphins will once again have a top ten draft pick next season. Hopefully they can make a Redskin type trade next year and move up to select Matt Barkley with the first pick in the 2013 draft.

Until the QB position is resolved, the Dolphins will remain one of the bottom tier teams in the NFL.

39. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Blow for Barkley.

40. MrClean

Garrard, according to him, has experience in the WCO. That may give him a leg up.