Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: No love for Moore?

  1. #1
    'Parcells' Guy OkiePhin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,283
    Fist Bumps
    813
    My Posts Inspired:
    500 Fist Bumps in 328 Posts
    Rep Power
    50

    Default No love for Moore?

    Shocker, I know... I don't think Moore is top 10 but I didn't think he was at the bottom either..



    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

  2. #2
    Insensitive to the Touch HardKoreXXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,470
    Fist Bumps
    6,238
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,093 Fist Bumps in 6,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    962

    Default

    LOL at Henne and Moore being 31 and 32. *Sigh* Those rankings just about sum up my frustration with the Miami Dolphins.

    Moore had a nice 9 game stretch against some weak opponents in meaningless games, but has yet to prove he can win against elite teams. He withered against the Cowboys and Pats last year. I think he is what he is, a solid backup.


    "Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

  3. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to HardKoreXXX for a solid post:


  4. #3
    Season Ticket Holder rafael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    20,408
    Fist Bumps
    3,876
    My Posts Inspired:
    15,342 Fist Bumps in 7,430 Posts
    Rep Power
    1070

    Default

    I like Moore. In fact, I was one of the few who praised his signing last season, but he has not shown the ability to make plays when things break down. Last season our pass blocking improved towards the end of the season and he showed the ability to pass well from a clean pocket. That allowed him to put up stats and you can win in the regular season with that level of QB. But that isn't a QB that will carry a team, a QB that will win in the playoffs against the better defenses that disrupt your offense more regularly. I think he's a little low on that list (I actually disagreed with much of it), but we'll need an upgrade before we become relevant again.


  5. #4
    Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz Ultimate Cheesy Shape Shooter Champion Table tennis Champion Cards 'n Chips Champion Word Buster 2 Champion Life Turn Champion The Feeder Champion Killcode: Red Bowls Jelly Champion International IQ Test Champion Hungry Dino Champion pennphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,742
    Fist Bumps
    1,519
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,521 Fist Bumps in 1,321 Posts
    Rep Power
    190

    Default

    LOL at andrew luck at 16 and griffin at 22 already. This article is a joke.

  6. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to pennphinfan for a solid post:


  7. #5
    Transform and Transcend PhinsRDbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the next dimension
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,989
    Fist Bumps
    2,264
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,736 Fist Bumps in 968 Posts
    Rep Power
    198

    Default

    I might flip him with John Skelton but that's about where I think he projects.

  8. This Member gave PhinsRDbest a FIST BUMP for this post:


  9. #6
    Insensitive to the Touch HardKoreXXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,470
    Fist Bumps
    6,238
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,093 Fist Bumps in 6,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    962

    Default

    One thing you have to keep in mind is I think this is purely from a Fantasy standpoint. The Jags and Dolphins, at least on paper, project to have poor offenses. Ergo, Henne and Moore near the bottom.


    "Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

  10. This Member gave HardKoreXXX a FIST BUMP for this post:


  11. #7
    The horror, the horror MrClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    No matter where I lay my head, my heart is always in OREGON!
    Posts
    54,945
    Fist Bumps
    23,897
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,548 Fist Bumps in 12,092 Posts
    Rep Power
    1806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkiePhin View Post
    Shocker, I know... I don't think Moore is top 10 but I didn't think he was at the bottom either..



    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream
    He's not bottom ten. Not to anyone who actually watches the games and pays attention.
    <a href=http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3672737/600full-kirby-griffin.jpg target=_blank>http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3672737/...by-griffin.jpg</a>

  12. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to MrClean for a solid post:


  13. #8
    Meet the Kraken xphinfanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,412
    Fist Bumps
    4,986
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,844 Fist Bumps in 1,026 Posts
    Rep Power
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pennphinfan View Post
    LOL at andrew luck at 16 and griffin at 22 already. This article is a joke.
    I agree on the joke part.
    Big Ben at number 3 is a joke to me. He is good but number 3?
    We could have spent 10 mil and jumped up to 29 with Flynn lol.
    That's why they play the games!

  14. #9
    Consume Me Asteroids Champion Valentine'em Champion Try To Escape Champion The Wizard's Boxes Champion Funny Sheep Champion Traffic City Champion ASCIIvader Champion Egg Drop Champion Asteroescape Champion car game, don't drink Champion The Platforms Game Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 3 Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 4 Champion Jorinapeka Champion Pair Mania - Japanese Champion FLIXED BALL Champion Jennifer Rose: Restaurant Love Champion Aqua4Ever04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    24,513
    Fist Bumps
    3,713
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,028 Fist Bumps in 6,380 Posts
    Rep Power
    1030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    I like Moore. In fact, I was one of the few who praised his signing last season, but he has not shown the ability to make plays when things break down. Last season our pass blocking improved towards the end of the season and he showed the ability to pass well from a clean pocket. That allowed him to put up stats and you can win in the regular season with that level of QB. But that isn't a QB that will carry a team, a QB that will win in the playoffs against the better defenses that disrupt your offense more regularly. I think he's a little low on that list (I actually disagreed with much of it), but we'll need an upgrade before we become relevant again.
    If I may, I was calling for him to be the starter after the pre-season game in Atlanta.

    But I have to admit, half of that was because of how much I hated Chad Henne and how awful he was. Remember how his first pass of the pre-season was a pick? Lol, I know it wasn't his fault, but it was still funny.
    Sig by GridIronKing34

  15. #10
    The horror, the horror MrClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    No matter where I lay my head, my heart is always in OREGON!
    Posts
    54,945
    Fist Bumps
    23,897
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,548 Fist Bumps in 12,092 Posts
    Rep Power
    1806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HardKoreXXX View Post
    LOL at Henne and Moore being 31 and 32. *Sigh* Those rankings just about sum up my frustration with the Miami Dolphins.

    Moore had a nice 9 game stretch against some weak opponents in meaningless games, but has yet to prove he can win against elite teams. He withered against the Cowboys and Pats last year. I think he is what he is, a solid backup.
    At Dallas he passed for 288 yds, 9 yards per attempt, and a 99.5 passer rating.
    At New England, he passed for 281 yds, 8.8 yards per attempt, and a 98.6 passer rating.

    Yeah, he really fell apart.
    <a href=http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3672737/600full-kirby-griffin.jpg target=_blank>http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3672737/...by-griffin.jpg</a>

  16. These 3 users offered FIST BUMPS to MrClean for a solid post:


  17. #11
    Consume Me Asteroids Champion Valentine'em Champion Try To Escape Champion The Wizard's Boxes Champion Funny Sheep Champion Traffic City Champion ASCIIvader Champion Egg Drop Champion Asteroescape Champion car game, don't drink Champion The Platforms Game Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 3 Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 4 Champion Jorinapeka Champion Pair Mania - Japanese Champion FLIXED BALL Champion Jennifer Rose: Restaurant Love Champion Aqua4Ever04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    24,513
    Fist Bumps
    3,713
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,028 Fist Bumps in 6,380 Posts
    Rep Power
    1030

    Default

    As for the rest of the list, Aaron Rodgers #5? Did he watch any games besides that playoff one? Stafford behind Vick, Ryan, Rivers, Newton and Manning? Please. Flacco ahead of Cutler and Schaub? Did he see the Bears pre and post-Cutler injury?

    This dude is a schlub.
    Sig by GridIronKing34

  18. #12
    The horror, the horror MrClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    No matter where I lay my head, my heart is always in OREGON!
    Posts
    54,945
    Fist Bumps
    23,897
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,548 Fist Bumps in 12,092 Posts
    Rep Power
    1806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04 View Post
    If I may, I was calling for him to be the starter after the pre-season game in Atlanta.

    But I have to admit, half of that was because of how much I hated Chad Henne and how awful he was. Remember how his first pass of the pre-season was a pick? Lol, I know it wasn't his fault, but it was still funny.
    If I may, I was suggesting he'd be a good signing for us back in May 2011.
    <a href=http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3672737/600full-kirby-griffin.jpg target=_blank>http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3672737/...by-griffin.jpg</a>

  19. This Member gave MrClean a FIST BUMP for this post:


  20. #13
    Season Ticket Holder Disgustipate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16,789
    Fist Bumps
    2,103
    My Posts Inspired:
    13,436 Fist Bumps in 5,689 Posts
    Rep Power
    920

    Default

    I think this list is more along the lines of trying to get clicks through antagonism than anything.

  21. #14
    Insensitive to the Touch HardKoreXXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,470
    Fist Bumps
    6,238
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,093 Fist Bumps in 6,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    At Dallas he passed for 288 yds, 9 yards per attempt, and a 99.5 passer rating.
    At New England, he passed for 281 yds, 8.8 yards per attempt, and a 98.6 passer rating.

    Yeah, he really fell apart.
    You're a smart guy. Smart enough to know what the definition of "wither" is, I assume.

    Also, as I stated earlier, this is article based on Fantasy Rankings.


    "Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

  22. #15
    Consume Me Asteroids Champion Valentine'em Champion Try To Escape Champion The Wizard's Boxes Champion Funny Sheep Champion Traffic City Champion ASCIIvader Champion Egg Drop Champion Asteroescape Champion car game, don't drink Champion The Platforms Game Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 3 Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 4 Champion Jorinapeka Champion Pair Mania - Japanese Champion FLIXED BALL Champion Jennifer Rose: Restaurant Love Champion Aqua4Ever04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    24,513
    Fist Bumps
    3,713
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,028 Fist Bumps in 6,380 Posts
    Rep Power
    1030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HardKoreXXX View Post
    You're a smart guy. Smart enough to know what the definition of "wither" is, I assume.
    The NEw England game I can admit, that sucked. But he drove us down for what should've been the game winning drive in that Dallas game before the defense let us down. The last play of the game was a Dallas field goal. He didn't get a chance for retribution.
    Sig by GridIronKing34

  23. #16
    Insensitive to the Touch HardKoreXXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,470
    Fist Bumps
    6,238
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,093 Fist Bumps in 6,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04 View Post
    The NEw England game I can admit, that sucked. But he drove us down for what should've been the game winning drive in that Dallas game before the defense let us down. The last play of the game was a Dallas field goal. He didn't get a chance for retribution.
    He had multiple chances to win the Dallas game. It shouldn't have been left up to the defense. He also had a big fumble in that game.


    "Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

  24. This Member gave HardKoreXXX a FIST BUMP for this post:


  25. #17
    Nobody's Fart Catcher MonstBlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    19,359
    Fist Bumps
    8,434
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,411 Fist Bumps in 4,089 Posts
    Rep Power
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HardKoreXXX View Post
    One thing you have to keep in mind is I think this is purely from a Fantasy standpoint. The Jags and Dolphins, at least on paper, project to have poor offenses. Ergo, Henne and Moore near the bottom.
    I don't think this is a fantasy standpoint based on the Brees write up -

    If fantasy were reality, Brees would sit atop this list. But it isn't, so he doesn't. Like Brady, too many things outside of his control have kept him from winning more. (Like playing those pesky road playoff games.)
    I'm not sure I agree with Moore and Henne at the bottom, but bottom half of the league absolutely. And some of you wonder why the fact we have retained Ireland makes me sick to my stomach. The last starting QB of this team and the current (projected) starter rank near the bottom. Jeff Ireland does not perceive the QB position as critical. That won't change as long as he's the GM.

    The (FIRED) Pasty White Legs of Failure.





  26. This Member gave MonstBlitz a FIST BUMP for this post:


  27. #18
    Insensitive to the Touch HardKoreXXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,470
    Fist Bumps
    6,238
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,093 Fist Bumps in 6,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MonstBlitz View Post
    I don't think this is a fantasy standpoint based on the Brees write up -



    I'm not sure I agree with Moore and Henne at the bottom, but bottom half of the league absolutely. And some of you wonder why the fact we have retained Ireland makes me sick to my stomach. The last starting QB of this team and the current (projected) starter rank near the bottom. Jeff Ireland does not perceive the QB position as critical. That won't change as long as he's the GM.
    Damn, maybe you're right. Supposedly Jason Smith is a "Fantasy Analyst" and a lot of the write-ups sound like he's going that route.


    "Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

  28. #19
    Premium Member padre31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    inching to 100k posts
    Posts
    98,155
    Fist Bumps
    18,546
    My Posts Inspired:
    36,519 Fist Bumps in 20,635 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    2886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pennphinfan View Post
    LOL at andrew luck at 16 and griffin at 22 already. This article is a joke.
    Exactly, MMoore was Top 15, granted at the back end of the list.

    Putting RG3 and Luck over anyone is pure NFL media chowder head bunkum.

  29. This Member gave padre31 a FIST BUMP for this post:


  30. #20
    Premium Member padre31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    inching to 100k posts
    Posts
    98,155
    Fist Bumps
    18,546
    My Posts Inspired:
    36,519 Fist Bumps in 20,635 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    2886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HardKoreXXX View Post
    He had multiple chances to win the Dallas game. It shouldn't have been left up to the defense. He also had a big fumble in that game.
    Takes a team, Dolfans are so mental about the offense some overlook the fact the D blew 4 4th qtr leads and lost 4 other games by 12 points or more.

  31. This Member gave padre31 a FIST BUMP for this post:


Similar Threads

  1. Why no love for Kellen Moore?
    By Jack Clews in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 04:25 PM
  2. Gods I used to love Demi Moore....
    By Pagan in forum Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 03:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •