1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably my last post.......have cancer.

Discussion in 'Rest In Peace' started by jetssuck, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Things have taken a drastic turn for the worst for me lately. Next Tuesday I have an operation to address some tumors on my spine before I'm completely paralyzed. Following that I will be in rehab for about a month and then I've been given anywhere from 3 months to a year to live, depending how the surgery goes.

I made it to 50 years old, have had an amazing family saw man first walk on the moon and saw the Dolphins win 2 Super Bowls, myself being present for 5 home games during the undefeated season. So don't be feeling sorry for me, up until this past year, life has been pretty good to me. I've been 'jetssuck' or 'JS' on forums since the late 90's and have made a lot of friends, I wish a good life and good luck to you all. And keep demanding more from the Dolphins, don't settle for anything less than returning that team to being a legitimate contender. Take care fellas, it's been fun.

JShady, Daben, TNphinfan and 230 others like this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Wow, way to make the best out of life man. I hope the best for you and your family.

3. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Damn brother my thoughts go out to you and your family. No matter how long you live your memory will stay alive here within this family.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    You have a great attitude. Personally, I believe our journey doesn't end here, but continues on. Best of luck to you.

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Hopefully, you get more time to spend with family and friends than they are predicting. best to you and your family man.

Ozzy likes this.
  6. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear that man. I wish you the best for as long as you have. Take care.

7. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Sorry to hear that.

[​IMG]

ToddPhin likes this.
  8. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    smile when you finally have peace and think to yourself...

The Jets signed Tebow..

God bless you brother.

finyank13 likes this.
  9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Dude wtf??!! Is it ok if I feel sorry for myself? **** man this ****ing sucks..................................

Ozzy, Big E, finyank13 and 2 others like this.
  10. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I'll miss you bro.much love

finyank13 and SICK like this.
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Damn, this is sad. I wish you the best JS. Have always enjoyed your thoughts on the forum and have wondered at times where you were. Unfortunate situation it has proved to be.

Ozzy and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  12. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Cancer sucks... My prayers are with you JS and I do remember you from posts long before, in forums before these.

I wished I had experienced all those great football moments which you had. To witness perfection with your own eyes must have been fulfilling. All the best!

13. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Terribly sorry to hear about your situation, and only wish you and your family the best man.

14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    JS excuse me for coming off as a "*****" but I'm literally crying right now. When I was doing my dumb little radio show on the Internet you took off as my producer private messaging the masses asking them to support it. I became a close friend of yours through PM talking about living near Cumberland farms in green acres Florida and speaking about our fins. I know you have been sick for a bit, and I have had many good thoughts extended out to you. I, like raf don't think this will be the end. Good luck with everything bro, regardless how strong you seem to be taking this all, I'm pretty much a blubbering mess right now and I have never even met you in person.

I don't care if this comes off as "soft" or whatever. I have a **** ton of posts on this site, and others, and I have met an incredible amount of people that I truly feel are my friends. JS is at the top of that list. Love ya bro.

15. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I don't give a **** if you know jetssuck or not. Everybody needs to say something he ****ing deserves it.

Big E and SICK like this.
  16. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    cant have you leaving us bro. it will hurt too much. therefore there is only one thing to do. threaten you. if you die on us, i'll make sure you're buried in a ballerina tutu.

SICK likes this.
  17. gunsmithx

gunsmithx Active Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Miami
    I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.

18. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Godspeed my brother.

19. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    To borrow a line from Sam Mills, "keep pounding."

RoninFin4 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  20. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    So sorry to hear this terrible news.

May the last days of your life be filled with love, family, joy and peace.

I am not a religious person, but on thing that has always stuck with me throughout life is a simple, biblical saying. You must live day by day.. You never know what tomorrow will bring so it's important to live every day to the fullest and to appreciate this beautiful thing called life.

Whether you have a year, a month or another decade, I wish you luck during this final journey that we all started the second we were born. Godspeed.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  21. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    You have a great attitude JS. The ability to be at peace with what you're going through and be appreciative for your life is truly a special thing. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, and will truly be missed around here. Enjoy the time you have left, although with that attitude I have no doubt you will.

22. banjo

banjo member; jetssuck fan club

Mar 31, 2008
    BFE
    Keep on keepin' on, my brother. Your focus needs to be on your family and loved ones now. Keep love in your heart. And who knows, maybe after getting caught up in this inner peace, you may find that you have already surpassed the predicted timeline. We're pullin' for ya my man.

23. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't know what to say. Sorry to hear about this, Best wishes to you & your family. thanks for being an awesome thephins brother. Keep your head up, my mom survived three bouts of cancer & she is still ticking to this day. Don't ever lose hope. :up:

24. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Brother!

#1 on my prayer list!

Well, maybe #2 after my moms

25. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Don't lose hope man. This is truly a sad situation but I am sure you can over come this obstacle and continue your beautiful life.

Best wishes.

26. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Jesus JS what kind of BS are you pulling here?

You can't leave in the midst of a downturn in Phins football....... Quitter!
    You were one of the only posters that helped me keep my sanity through the Fiedler years!
    You cannot leave me now!

In all seriousness, I hope you keep fighting and are able to be one of the few that beat the odds.
    I can't imagine..... it's got to be tough to be facing this.
    I hope you are surrounded by friends and family during this time and can find some peace in all this.

Always a Phin brother.
    Keep the faith.

SICK, CashInFist and dolfan7171 like this.
  27. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    JS..you are loved..make no mistake about it

When I say you are on the prayer list, once again, make no mistake..a moment shall not pass

28. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Very sorry to hear this, bro.

You've always been a class act in my eyes and it's a shame that bad things happen to good people. However please don't lose hope because your attitude can make all the difference. I've seen my father survive cancer twice and he always tells me that it was his attitude that made the difference. I hope things take a drastic turn for you but just don't lose hope. I know we'll all have you in our prayers.

Stitches and SICK like this.
  29. put-me-in-coach

put-me-in-coach Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Chicago
    Please say all the things you need to say to the ones who need to hear them and NEVER give up hope.

30. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    JS, I don't think I "know" you...might have responded to or given you a fist pump here or there, but the one thing I do know is people and you? You are a damned good man.

It's quite obvious you've touched the hearts of so many here, especially "Sick". His post really touched my heart...and if you've touched the heart of so many within the message boards of a website, I can only imagine the hearts of those you've spent time with in your day to day life.

I wish you nothing but the very best. Do not be resigned to your illness for if you do, you've already surrendered.
    -Never quit
    -Never surrender
    -Fight...fight for your loved ones

And if your fight fails, for your loved ones left behind (I'm assuming wife and children/grandchildren) to ease their pain prior to your leaving be sure...be absolutely sure they know that when they think of you, do not do so in sorrow. No tears, no pain, no sadness. Be sure they know when they think of you, you want them to remember all of the good times they had with you, nothing but good memories so when they do think of you, a comforting smile comes across their face, a sense of peace knowing that you are stil there with them.

You're not gone yet and I hope and pray you're around with us for some time, so I won't say goodbye, but I will end this post with the greatest gesture of respect towards you that I can provide...

[​IMG]

May God Bless you and your family.

31. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Wow JS, my forum friend... I am stunned right now by your words...

Don't know why things in life turn ****ty or nice for some people, but as an avid Star Trek fan (since TOS), I can tell you that, "how we face death is just as important as how we have faced life." I have become a believer in that and as we go into that later part in our lifetime here on this rock, our view of it and our understanding of it must broaden to expect the un-expected...

This is not the end of your journey my friend, IMHO, but a continuing journey that will enhance our essence that leads to a blissfull stage...

The hard part of this is those around you JS, that will miss everything that you are and have been, through this lifetime my friend... They...we...all will miss you...

But through it all your legacy will live on... as long as we remember you...

God bless you and your family JS...

32. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Brother, I love and respect you for how you've shown up here with class, loyalty and passion, for what a good person you are in the face of difficult circumstances, and for enduring the crappy Dolphins teams since Marino with unwavering commitment. A man who can do that can do anything.

Peace and acceptance are things that help in dire circumstances but I encourage you to embrace the idea that hope and acceptance are not mutually exclusive. Hope for a good outcome, but accept whatever happens. I say this because many of us here selfishly want to keep you around, as we care about you. The same probably goes for your family. Fight for your life, but with a serenity of acceptance whatever the outcome, like a team that must know it left its best effort on the field in order to be content, whatever the scoreboard reads at the end.

For that reason, sir, I beg that you go to the following website and watch the videos and order the book "Choose Life" (or PM me your address and I'll mail you my copy). The woman who wrote it had her husband have a brain hemorrhage paralyze him, then he and her both got diagnosed with late stage cancers. The book and her website are realistic about the hardships of this struggle but very inspiring. Maybe it will help.

http://www.beingcancerfree.com/

I hope you give it a look. And I hope it is some comfort and help.

God bless you. Hope to see you again.

p.s. - maybe I am just an inappropriate douche, but I have to ask (and hope it gives you a chuckle).. If you did end up in heaven (though I pray for your recovery) and found out God was a Jets fan what would you do?

33. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Not sure what more I can say other than what the last two users said so eloquently. I hope everyone, not just myself, find true inspiration in you and how you have lived your life. In honor of you, I dedicate this and every season to seeing the Jets suck in eternity. I hope this puts a smile on your face:

[video=youtube;rZxNeFLuY98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98[/video]

:knucks:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  34. FasanoPaisano

FasanoPaisano Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Near People's Pizza
    JS, death is a part of life many don't like to think about, and you are handling it with strength and dignity. You are doing the best thing for your friends and family. Stay strong. Stay positive. No doubt, you are inspiring those around you.

35. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

JS, you have my prayers. Your family has my prayers.

I lost my wife to cancer, now nearly 8 years ago. I have watched hundreds die from that acursed disease as a parish pastor. Each went through their journey differently.

I commend your dignity. I hope you are getting the best spiritual and family support you can. If I can offer any referals, I would be honored to help.

This week in the Christian faith is called "Holy Week". We observe, remember and celebrate how we believe God has worked good through terrible evil. I pray you and your family may find some of that resurrection hope.

36. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    JS my thoughts and prays go out to you. I pray you have a more then successful surgery and that God will guide the hands of your surgeons. Come back soon brother.

theWeasel and dolfan7171 like this.
  37. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The very best of luck to you on the surgery and my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family throughout the whole process Bro.

38. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

From untruth lead us to Truth.
    From darkness lead us to Light.
    From death lead us to Immortality.
    Om Peace, Peace, Peace.

Ozzy and Disnardo like this.
  39. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I wish the best for you and you family. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let one of your family members post on here for you after the surgery to let us know it went ok.

40. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Much respect to you JS. You have a great attitude, and I hope you and your family enjoy each other for many more years. I too salute you. :salute:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.