Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Why are we not taking advantage..

  1. #1
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57,254
    Fist Bumps
    18,906
    My Posts Inspired:
    21,783 Fist Bumps in 10,950 Posts
    Rep Power
    1868

    Default Why are we not taking advantage..

    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#storylink=cpy

    I don't understand, anyone have a logical explanation as to why the new coach wouldn't take advantage of a rule that benefits a new coach..???

  2. #2
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57,254
    Fist Bumps
    18,906
    My Posts Inspired:
    21,783 Fist Bumps in 10,950 Posts
    Rep Power
    1868

    Default

    Mods can you take the stutter out of the nnot in the title?

  3. #3
    Junior Member finsincebirth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,016
    Fist Bumps
    327
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,696 Fist Bumps in 850 Posts
    Rep Power
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djphinfan View Post
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#storylink=cpy

    I don't understand, anyone have a logical explanation as to why the new coach wouldn't take advantage of a rule that benefits a new coach..???
    So because he's waiting a week it's a big deal? The article says the first two weeks is really only strength and conditioning. I doubt waiting that one week matters much.

  4. #4
    Premium Member padre31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    inching to 100k posts
    Posts
    97,431
    Fist Bumps
    18,427
    My Posts Inspired:
    36,252 Fist Bumps in 20,469 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    2866

    Default

    hmm, expecting to sign someone maybe?

    NFL 32 featured Omark saying Philbin was taking extra time to..wait for it...wait for it....

    "evaluate film from 2011"

    Of course the chuckle heads hated that so "the only real way to evaluate players is on the practice field!!!"

  5. #5
    Banned Jigsaw: Cherry Tomatoes Champion Atomica Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    54,038
    Fist Bumps
    24,987
    My Posts Inspired:
    23,817 Fist Bumps in 10,123 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Another perfect example of Armando staring **** because he's useless.

  6. This Member gave Fin D a FIST BUMP for this post:


  7. #6
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57,254
    Fist Bumps
    18,906
    My Posts Inspired:
    21,783 Fist Bumps in 10,950 Posts
    Rep Power
    1868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsincebirth View Post
    So because he's waiting a week it's a big deal? The article says the first two weeks is really only strength and conditioning. I doubt waiting that one week matters much.
    it's not just weight room stuff, you can address your team in the meeting rooms and start to convey your leadership and philosophy to your team, and to me an extra week in the weight room is something I would rather have than not..Is this a big deal?, no, I'd just like to know why other new coaches are not waiting, and he has chosen too wait..

  8. #7
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57,254
    Fist Bumps
    18,906
    My Posts Inspired:
    21,783 Fist Bumps in 10,950 Posts
    Rep Power
    1868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by padre31 View Post
    hmm, expecting to sign someone maybe?

    NFL 32 featured Omark saying Philbin was taking extra time to..wait for it...wait for it....

    "evaluate film from 2011"

    Of course the chuckle heads hated that so "the only real way to evaluate players is on the practice field!!!"
    Thanks Pod, hmmm, really? Sound legit to you?

  9. #8
    Finally... FinNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,239
    Fist Bumps
    3,339
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,277 Fist Bumps in 2,939 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djphinfan View Post
    it's not just weight room stuff, you can address your team in the meeting rooms and start to convey your leadership and philosophy to your team, and to me an extra week in the weight room is something I would rather have than not..Is this a big deal?, no, I'd just like to know why other new coaches are not waiting, and he has chosen too wait..
    Maybe they want/need the coaches to participate in the scouting/pro day workouts/etc for the upcoming draft prospects this week? Maybe Philbin is working with guys like Tannenhill/Weeden/etc this week?

  10. #9
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57,254
    Fist Bumps
    18,906
    My Posts Inspired:
    21,783 Fist Bumps in 10,950 Posts
    Rep Power
    1868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finascious D View Post
    Another perfect example of Armando staring **** because he's useless.
    Not trying to create any drama here just legitimately curious?, I mean if it was my first gig?

  11. #10
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57,254
    Fist Bumps
    18,906
    My Posts Inspired:
    21,783 Fist Bumps in 10,950 Posts
    Rep Power
    1868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty View Post
    Maybe they want/need the coaches to participate in the scouting/pro day workouts/etc for the upcoming draft prospects this week? Maybe Philbin is working with guys like Tannenhill/Weeden/etc this week?
    That makes sense..

  12. #11
    Premium Member ckparrothead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49,194
    Fist Bumps
    6,887
    My Posts Inspired:
    56,087 Fist Bumps in 18,792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3443

    Default

    I'm a little puzzled as well, DJ...but I don't think it's a big deal.
    Twitter: @ckparrot

  13. #12
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57,254
    Fist Bumps
    18,906
    My Posts Inspired:
    21,783 Fist Bumps in 10,950 Posts
    Rep Power
    1868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I'm a little puzzled as well, DJ...but I don't think it's a big deal.
    I was in the Tampa area yesterday and heard Shiano's presser, and how he couldn't sleep, and that he was chomping at the bit, he explained how he had them all in the meeting room relaying the message, then how he let the trainers have them..yeah, it's just a bit puzzling, but Iam sure he has a logical explanation, you know coaches, an extra week to spend time with their team in the meeting rooms is like gold..?

  14. #13
    crap...here we go again Ohio Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,180
    Fist Bumps
    10,958
    My Posts Inspired:
    4,752 Fist Bumps in 2,400 Posts
    Rep Power
    441

    Default

    maybe it just speaks to Philibin's level-headedness and that he's not going to overreact just because he's a new coach. He believes in a system that works (hopefully)
    <img src=http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm271/micclark1313/J-E-S-Tcombo.jpg border=0 alt= />

  15. #14
    Premium Member ckparrothead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49,194
    Fist Bumps
    6,887
    My Posts Inspired:
    56,087 Fist Bumps in 18,792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djphinfan View Post
    I was in the Tampa area yesterday and heard Shiano's presser, and how he couldn't sleep, and that he was chomping at the bit, he explained how he had them all in the meeting room relaying the message, then how he let the trainers have them..yeah, it's just a bit puzzling, but Iam sure he has a logical explanation, you know coaches, an extra week to spend time with their team in the meeting rooms is like gold..?
    I can't say that I'm all that disappointed that Joe Philbin isn't like all these other meatheads that focus on working harder instead of working smarter, endlessley accelerating work ethic which doesn't seem to result in an increase in the quality of football being played.

    I say trust him. That's my vote. But I think it's valid to beg the question of why.
    Twitter: @ckparrot

  16. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to ckparrothead for a solid post:


  17. #15
    Season Ticket Holder Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,480
    Fist Bumps
    515
    My Posts Inspired:
    582 Fist Bumps in 313 Posts
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    I agree with CK, but other new coaches havent just lost a son, and maybe his family is having a hard time, like his other children, his wife and himself, I dont know about how others feel but i cant thing of a more tramatic event in someones life than losing a child. I recently lived through losing a 24 year old nephew, and watched my sister and brother in law have to go throught that..it isnt over in a few months. So i guess i can give coach a break if he wants to take a week off.

  18. #16
    For My Hero JetsSuck unluckyluciano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    51,620
    Fist Bumps
    25,460
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,771 Fist Bumps in 10,961 Posts
    Rep Power
    1774

    Default

    Maybe we are taking advantage in another way.
    thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


    Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

  19. #17
    Premium Member ckparrothead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49,194
    Fist Bumps
    6,887
    My Posts Inspired:
    56,087 Fist Bumps in 18,792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I agree with CK, but other new coaches havent just lost a son, and maybe his family is having a hard time, like his other children, his wife and himself, I dont know about how others feel but i cant thing of a more tramatic event in someones life than losing a child. I recently lived through losing a 24 year old nephew, and watched my sister and brother in law have to go throught that..it isnt over in a few months. So i guess i can give coach and break if he wants to take a week off.
    While totally understandable, I would be surprised if it really had anything to do with that. I think it's exactly as padre31 says, Philbin would rather not get everyone together all half-cocked before he's done with his 2011 film review and has a better idea on specific direction as it pertains to individual players and the team as a whole.
    Twitter: @ckparrot

  20. #18
    Premium Member ckparrothead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49,194
    Fist Bumps
    6,887
    My Posts Inspired:
    56,087 Fist Bumps in 18,792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3443

    Default

    I know Philbin is allowed 11 OTAs instead of just 10 OTAs, and I was pretty sure he planned on burning one of them before the Draft, which not every team gets to do, I don't think.

    That strikes me as smart.
    Twitter: @ckparrot

  21. #19
    Season Ticket Holder Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,480
    Fist Bumps
    515
    My Posts Inspired:
    582 Fist Bumps in 313 Posts
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    While totally understandable, I would be surprised if it really had anything to do with that. I think it's exactly as padre31 says, Philbin would rather not get everyone together all half-cocked before he's done with his 2011 film review and has a better idea on specific direction as it pertains to individual players and the team as a whole.
    Totally agree with this, just many factors can play to things, i think sometimes we can forget these guys are human too, have the same family issues. Makes me respect coach even more that he can consintrate on his work and move forward.

    But yes i would rather have him studing film understanding who he has, not just in players but in coaches that have remained on staff from the previous staff as well.

  22. #20
    Premium Member ckparrothead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49,194
    Fist Bumps
    6,887
    My Posts Inspired:
    56,087 Fist Bumps in 18,792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3443

    Default

    I think DJ and others are right to question it, but at the same time based on what I've heard out of Joe Philbin it also seems to fit right in with his "work smarter, not harder" approach.
    Twitter: @ckparrot

Similar Threads

  1. Dolphins must use bad weather to an advantage
    By CrunchTime in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 02:27 PM
  2. another wild cat advantage that hasn't been talked about
    By RickyNeverInhaled in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 06:51 PM
  3. Where's the home field advantage in the NFL?
    By steveincolorado in forum Other NFL
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 10:35 PM
  4. Homefield advantage!
    By GISH in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 04:02 PM
  5. Parcells & Sparano..ADVANTAGE DOLPHINS
    By djphinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 11:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •